The Media

The Media

A Chapter by Kadessa (Kaddy)

Chapter 15~ the Media

 

                I remember lying in bed last night, holding the small stuffed animal, and the last piece of him, close. Those last precious moments with him replayed all night in my head. I forgot how much I miss him. I sit up, still holding the soft, warn bear. I glance to the clock on the right side of the bed, already nine in the morning. The boys should have the day off today, unless management decided to rehearse. I slip out of bed and slide on a pair of sweats and grab one of Niall's tees, slipping it over my head. I snatch up the bear I set down only moments ago and make my way down the hall. I find Jace sitting in the living room, watching a rerun of yesterday’s interview. He glances over and sees the evident pain in my eyes.

                “Come sit Dessa.” He has called me Dessa for as long as I can remember. It used to annoy me, but now it’s comforting. I come over and sit next to him, leaning into his outreached arm. “Its gonna be okay, we will get this all worked out.” I nod my understanding as a new video flashes across the screen. It’s shot at an angle, like a servalence camera. It shows Niall dragging me in, hugging me, while that man stands awkwardly. The whole fight plays across the screen. Then us walking, my hand in Jace’s, Niall’s arm over my shoulders, tears flowing freely down my face.

                The door swings open behind us and I jump up, turning to see the boys. I run around the couch and into Niall’s arms, wrapping mine around his neck, and nearly tackling him in the process. After a moment of shock, his arms wrap around my lower back and he holds me close.

                “We saw the reports and the video and came home as soon as possible.” Zayn says behind me, resting a hand on my shoulder. I let go of Niall and turn to hug Zayn. He is caught off guard, but, after a moment, he hugs me to.

                “Dessa Doodle, do I get a hug?” Louis asks behind me. I smile and quickly turn to hug him.

                “I want a hug to!” Harry jokes. I turn to hug him, but before I can, an arm hooks me, twirling me around.

                “No, my hug first!” Liam laughs. I curl up my legs as he twirls me around again. A giggle escapes my through, bringing an instant smile to Niall’s face. I finally wiggle out of Liam’s arms and hide behind Niall.

                “Is that my shirt?” Niall asks, pinching the bottom hem. I look down, blushing before nodding. “Now, you are wearing my clothes?” I nod, looking up at him feeling slightly ashamed. “That’s cute.” He says, touching his nose to mine. I get on my toes to gently kiss his lips.

                “Well,” Harry says, causing us all to stop and look over at him. “What should I make for breakfast?” he asks, awkwardly running his fingers through his way to long hair.

                “Pancakes!” I say excitedly, running into the kitchen before him and pulling out the things needed.

 

                “Ok, it’s two in the afternoon and for once we don’t have anything to do.” Louis says, staring, clearly bored, at the TV.

                “Let’s make cupcakes!” I say, remembering the mix sitting in the cabinet. We all run to the kitchen and Harry mixes the batter. I get on my toes to get the sprinkles from the top cabinet. As I pull out one, another falls, landing on Harry's head and breaking open. We all start laughing when Harry looks up, shock covering his face. He gets a spoonful of batter, and flings it at me in return.

                “Ahh!” I yell. Before I realize it, we are in a full out food fight, sprinkles, frosting, and cake batter everywhere.

                “Guys!” someone yells from the doorway. We all stop and look at a surprised Hazel. “What the hell?” she yells when Louis throws a hand full of sprinkles at her. Harry glares at her for cussing and she gives him an im sorry look in return.

                “I guess we should get cleaned up.” I say, looking around. Harry shakes his head, sending sprinkles from his hair everywhere. “Harry!” I yell back.

                “sorry.” He shrugs an apology.

                “I call a shower first!” I yell.

                “You gotta get there first!” Liam yells, taking off, the other boys chasing after him. A moment later, they come walking back in.

                “Liam got it first.” Zayn says, pulling frosting out of his hair.

                “You have frosting all over your face.” Niall laughs, pointing at me.

                “You’re the one who had the frosting.” I say, pointing to Louis.

                “Here, ill clean it up.” Harry says, walking over to me and quickly licking the side of my face.

                “Harold Edward Styles!” I yell, jumping back. “Don’t you ever lick my face again!” Louis quickly grabs me around my waist and holds me.

                “Lick her again Harry!” he yells, Harry Quickly coming and licking my other cheek. I try to squirm out of Louis arms but he holds me tight. Zayn runs a finger over my forehead, licking the frosting from his finger. 

                “Louis let me go!” I yell, continuing to wiggle around. I finally get free and run to Niall, hiding behind him once again.

                “You think I am going to protect you?” he asks turning and hugging me. I nod, looking up at him. “You thought wrong.” He says, leaning down and licking me.

                “Y’all are gross!” I yell, running to the bathroom. “Liam, hurry up!” I yell pounding my fist on the door. The door swings open and Liam, thankfully has pants on, grabs me and pulls me in, pushing me into the shower. I scream at the top of my lungs as the cold water runs over my cloths. The boys and Jace all come running in, all with concerned looks.

                “Dessa,” Jace says in a serious voice. “You can’t scream like that, you scared the crap out of us.” I reach up and grab the shower head, turning it to soak him, who just happens to stand in the front.



© 2013 Kadessa (Kaddy)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG LOL they were eating frosting off your face!


Posted 10 Years Ago


That's sounds awesome I want to hang out with y'all. Your doing great. Did you like my chapter?

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 6, 2013
Last Updated on June 6, 2013


Author

Kadessa (Kaddy)
Kadessa (Kaddy)

not telling, OK



About
i am not the most beutiful girl, i am not the smartest, and i sure aint perfect. but i am me and dont care if you want to be a hater. like any other teenage girl, i am bullied and have self conviden.. more..

Writing