The Call

The Call

A Chapter by Kadessa (Kaddy)
"

Here ya go, and Hazel Stone, you better read this before school or I will be mad I stayed up late to get it uploaded!

"

Chapter 16~ the Call

 

                I lay on the couch, my head rested in Niall's lap and my feet in Jace’s. We watch rise of the guardians, for like the millionth time. I think it’s my new favorite movie. I hear a phone ring in one of the other rooms and glance up at Niall. He shrugs in response.

                “Louis, can you grab that?” he asks over his shoulder. I hear Louis run down the hall and swing one of the doors open. I glance down as Jace, clearly bored, wiggles my toes one by one. I giggle as he slightly tickles my foot. I squirm around as he continues to tickle me, holding my ankle so I can’t go anywhere.

                “Who is it Louis?” Harry yells over the T.V.

                “I don’t know!” Louis yells back, his voice coming closer. “Says he needs to talk to Kadessa and Jace, that’s all he will tell me. “Jace jumps up and snatches the phone, anger quickly heating through his eyes.

                “Hello, who is this?” he says quickly. “What the Hell? Just leave us alone.” I quickly get up and put myself in front of Jace, my hands resting on his chest. He ignores me, looking over my head, so I get on my toes to try to look into his eyes.

                “Who is it?” I barely whisper. He just turns away from me, listening to the man on the phone. I quickly reach up and snatch the phone from him and press it to my ear. “Hello?” I ask.

                “Kadessa, is that you?” the man’s hurried voice asks. “You sound just like your mother on the phone.” I roll my eyes, my own anger instantly burning.

                “You again?” I ask, with a growl. I slide my finger across the phone, hanging up, before he even has a chance to respond. I feel my muscles tense as my mind blurs with anger. What does he want? He is not my father. Louis quickly grabs the phone, pulling it out of my hands. Out of the corner of my eyes I see it is an Irish flag case, Niall’s phone. Niall puts himself in front of me, holding my head in his hands.

                “Kadessa, look at me.” he says as I try to push out of his arms. “Kadessa, calm down.” Is all he says. I manage to push away, running out of the door and down the hall to the elevator. I quickly press the lobby button and repeatedly slam on the close doors button. It closes just before they reach me. Their hands slam on the door, begging for it to open.

 I stumble out of the elevator and to the couches, falling onto one. I curl up and cry into my hands. I must really stand out; a girl in pink workout shorts and a baggy green shirt (One of Niall’s Tees) curled up on a couch in a five star hotel. I hear voices and instantly recognize Niall’s soft accent. Suddenly, hands are on my shoulders, rolling me over. I look up through blurry and watery vision into his soft blue eyes.              

“Love, you can’t let your anger get the best of you.” he whispers in my ear. The phone in his pocket rings again. I quickly grab it out of his pocket and answer, knowing who it is.

“I’ll give you three minutes.” Is all I say.

“Ok, I guess I will explain.” He says, sounding stressed. “Around the time your mother found out she was pregnant, I was a bit of an alcoholic. I had come home drunk multiple times and she got fed up. She took your brother and found a hotel. By the time I fixed up my act, she found someone who treated her right and you were going to be born in a matter of weeks. I understood that it was what was best, considering I didn’t have a job and had moved back in with my brother, who only let me in so I wasn’t on the streets and still hates my guts for what I did.” There is a pause as he tries to see if I am following his story. “When I found out she had…..” there is a longer pause.

“You are running out of time.” I say, my voice annoyed. When inside I feel so broken and tears flow on their own.

“…passed, I thought of taking the two of you back. I got so drunk that night, I had  followed a young girl, maybe 22,  home and, long story short, I was arrested. I decided to let you grow up in a more stable environment as I continued to drink for years. I have been clean for fourteen years. And now, I just want to be a part of your lifes.” he says, sounding regretful. “All I ask is that you get a DNA test done to prove I am your father.” I can feel the anger rise to a boiling point.

“My father was a great man and hero. You are a worthless piece of s**t who needs to f**k off.” I ignore the glare from Harry and continue. “Now guess what? Your times up.” With that I turn and chuck the phone at the wall, getting a loud crack in response.

“What the hell Kadessa?” Niall asks his anger clear.

“I….. Im sorry I just….” I am quickly cut off.                                 

“I don’t want to hear it. You just give yourself reasons to be mad and explode. You need to get a hold on yourself.” He yells, getting the attention of everyone in the hotel. I look over to see a grown man, smiling, as he took a video of us fighting. Without thinking I walk up to the man.

“You think it’s funny to watch us fight don’t you?” I say into the camera. “Well you know what I find funny. You people find it funny when we fight or make mistakes, the same mistakes and reasons to yell you have, but just cause we are ‘famous’ it is entertaining.” I yell, my anger taking over. “You know what I find entertaining?” I grab his phone and chuck it at the wall, same place as Niall’s “now your phones broken to!” I storm to the elevator.

“I am so sorry about her attitude, she’s being ridiculous. I will get you a new phone, promise.” I hear Niall say. He follows me in and we leave the others downstairs.

The elevator ride is silent, but as soon as we get to the hotel, I feel myself falling apart.

                “What the Hell was that Kadessa?” Niall yells, turning so quick I almost run into him. “Sometimes I swear you are looking for trouble, finding a reason to get attention.”

                “It’s not like I asked for any of this, my life has been screwed up and you aren’t helping right now.” I yell back, freely letting my anger loose. Why does he have to yell at me like this? I have never seen him act like this.

                “Well feel free to leave anytime because I did not ask for any of this.” I feel like my heart has fallen apart.

                “Oh, is that all I am? Some pity sob story. You probably do it because it made you look good, date the girl who has all these issues and make her feel special.” I scream at the top of my lungs, bringing Hazel out of her room, rubbing her eyes. She stands in shock when she realizes we are fighting. “I get it now; I was just a charity case and mean nothing to you. I guess I will take you out of your misery and save you the trouble by leaving!” I grab the hundred dollars sitting on the counter for room service and walk out of the door.

                “No, Kadessa, I didn’t mean it like that.” I hear Niall yell down the hall at me. “Kadessa, come back love.” My knees get weak as I hear him call for me. By the time I am in the lobby, I am in full tears.

                “Kadessa, what happened?” Jace asks, at my side in an instant. I keep walking and find Louis.

                “Keys, please.” I manage to, holding out my hand. He hesitates a moment before handing them to me. I run out, cameras flashing in my face, and get in the car. I drive away, leaving Jace behind, and just drive, tears dangerously blurring my vision. I pull up to a random, empty parking lot and climb into the back seat, laying across them and just crying. Did he ever really love me?



© 2013 Kadessa (Kaddy)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Um I am seriously speechless and you know me Kadessa it's hard to do that to me. I loved it can wait for the next chapter!!! If I was there I would have beat that guy to a bloody pulp. 😝😝😝😈😈😈😝😈😝😈😈

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

omg i hate that ur making us waiiitttt NOOOO!! lol i haven't written on another of your chapters because i printed them out to read them all. i love them all and its REALLY well written, most people that do these type of stories that i have reviewed, there are misspellings and you just have a hard time telling who really s talking. I LOVE YOUR STORY.... hate i have to wait for more... AND I HOPE YOU CONTINUE TO WRITE, YOUR HAVE A GIFT!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kadessa (Kaddy)

10 Years Ago

Uh, thanks, hoping to get the next chapter up tomorrow
Um I am seriously speechless and you know me Kadessa it's hard to do that to me. I loved it can wait for the next chapter!!! If I was there I would have beat that guy to a bloody pulp. 😝😝😝😈😈😈😝😈😝😈😈

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 13, 2013
Last Updated on June 13, 2013


Author

Kadessa (Kaddy)
Kadessa (Kaddy)

not telling, OK



About
i am not the most beutiful girl, i am not the smartest, and i sure aint perfect. but i am me and dont care if you want to be a hater. like any other teenage girl, i am bullied and have self conviden.. more..

Writing