Teeth

Teeth

A Story by Eboy
"

Another Multiply work. This work was inspired by the dentist my family goes to. She's pretty, yes. Married, too.

"
i never thought in my dreams that i would fall for those gloves of yours.

i never thought that your face mask would look so good on you.

i never thought that your small mirror would open up my heart.

* * *

i am a recent graduate.

fresh out of college, i'm bummed and i can't find anything to do.

suddenly, while eating ice cream, my tooth suddenly ached.

an idea suddenly came up to mind.

"why not visit the dentisit today?" i said.

my mother, who happened to hear what i said, said aloud:

"what a miracle! my lazy son suddenly had an urge to visit the dentist!"

everyone in the household stopped what they're doing.

"seriously?" they said in unison.

"i have nothing to do, so why not?" i explained.

"looks like boredom brings good things." my father concluded, and then continued reading his newspaper.

i walked towards the clinic down the street. the sun was scorching hot. it was worsening my allergies.

i entered the air-conditioned clinic all hot and sweaty.

i told the secretary that i wanted an appointment with the family dentist.

i sat, waited a while, then finally, my name was called.

i entered, and my jaw dropped.

a woman wearing a doctor's jacket, with her very fair complexion, short hair and beautiful face, was the doctor who greeted me. from my estimate. she might be 27 or 28.

she smiled at me as I came in. her teeth were all aligned. perfect.

"good morning, mr. santos," she said with her angelic smile.

i never thought going to the dentist was this good.

throughout the check-up, she was only focused on my teeth. i was focused on her eyes.

"my gosh mr. santos, your teeth are very dirty." she said, while checking my teeth.

"well, i have a reputation at home for being lazy," i shamefully replied.

"ha ha, but you teeth are very beautiful, minus the dirt on it, of course. no cavities and all." she said curiously.

"i eat healthily," i said while being brought to another world with her eyes.

15 minutes of cleanup later, we were done with the check-up.

before i left, i suddenly thought of something.

"oh yeah, you said dr. enriquez, the regular dentist here, is out on vacation. how long will he be out?" i asked, hoping for a good answer.

"dr. henry? he will be out for 6 months." she replied.

in my mind, i was celebrating. now, time for the second step.

"oh, is that so? i'm thinking about getting a regular check-up in here, with me being lazy and all, so i might as well get your number. can i?" i asked innocently.

"ha ha, well of course mr. santos. here it is," and she typed her number on my mobile.

"your name is lara, dr. jimenez?" i asked her.

"yes, you can just call me that," lara replied smilingly.

"well then, just call me martin. i don't feel being mr. santos yet. i've just graduated out of college, you know," i smilingly answered back.

"alright then, martin." she said with still that angelic smile on her face.

* * *

three months have already passed.

since i got her number, i have been texting her number every night.

we got to know each other some more, and we hang out at different places.

i even went home late with her once. her home's locked. mine was too.

we stayed the night at a nearby hotel. we weren't able to sleep anyway. we talked about life all night long.

teeth was included in the topic of course.

we went home after the sun rose. my mom was smirking when smelled the perfume from my clothing.

"my son has been in action last night, hmm?" my mother sarcastically said aloud.

everyone stopped what they were doing.

"seriously?"

* * *

it's the fifth month since lara came in exchange of dr. enriquez's absence.

i felt that time was running out. one more month, and dr. henry's back in duty here, and lara will be gone somewhere.

i have to do something.

i decided that i will make her mine before it was too late.

i visited her clinic once more. hidden in my pocket was a ring.

i was planning on making her mine before time ran out.

I entered the clinic like it was nothing.

when i finally got inside her working area, i started talking.

"lara, say..."

then a man walked in.

lara smilingly greeted the man. she gave him a smile i never saw before.

they hugged, and kissed.

i sat at the chair, dumbfounded.

she suddenly turned at me, smiled her bashful smile, and said,

"this is tyrone, my fiance from Russia. he has been working there for 3 years, and came back last month to propose to me. we'll get married next month, and i'll move to Russia with him."

all the time she said that, i only got to look at her teeth. it was very beautiful, even though what her teeth were saying was very painful.

i just noticed that the guy's hand was raised in a form of a handshake.

"so you must be marty?" he smilingly said. his teeth looked perfect too. he must have visited this same dentist regularly.

"it's martin." i answered back with a handshake and a smile.

"your teeth looks good." he commented.

"i know. your fiance is amazing." i joked.

"ha ha. i know. she kept telling me about you. you were fun, amazing. you were always amazing whenever i hear about you from her. i think she was falling for you that time. i was pressured into doing something, that's why i went home and proposed," he shared.

"ha ha, stop it!" lara bashfully said.

i laughed and smiled. "ha ha, oh well. your fiance is amazing too. i wish you both a good marriage."

"don't worry, we will." he said.

she just looked at me smiling.

i smiled back.

"i notice that you don't have an engagement ring yet." i said.

"oh yeah, it was all out of fear of losing her that's why i proposed without a ring yet. i'm still searching for a perfect ring." he explained.

"oh, i've got just the right one." i said. i took the small box out of my pocket.

her eyes widened.

he didn't looked surprised at all.

i gave it to him.

"it's perfect for her," he said, smiling, after seeing the ring i bought.

"i know." i smilingly answered.

her tears are falling silently.

"don't cry, lara," i said to her after seeing her tears. "he is a great man."

turning to tyrone, i said "take care of her."

he smiled. "don't worry, i will."

we embraced.

i went to lara.

i hugged her.

i whispered.

"take care. thanks for everything. my teeth are very beautiful now, thanks to you. i love you. goodbye."

she whispered back.

"you're welcome. i should've known."

i smiled. i whispered again.

"it's alright, it's alright. you love him too, don't you. don't worry, i'll pray that you'll become a happy couple."

i let go, and i walked out the door.

* * *

two weeks later, they sent me an invitation to their marriage.

i went.

it did hurt to see her in her gown, but i was happy all the same.i knew that they would become a good couple.

i became friends with tyrone, and i eventually became a godfather of their first child two years later. 
yeah, they decided to make my heart ache much more by staying here and not leaving for that damn arctic wasteland of a country.

i was holding the child inside the church when i asked them.

"this is a beautiful boy."

"i know," lara said. she still had that glitter in her eyes when we were still doing checkups in her clinic.

i ignored that glitter, fearing it might ruin everything.

"what's the name?"

"marty. he's after you, martin." tyrone laughingly said and patted me on the back.

the child was asleep.

everyone inside the church had beautiful teeth.

but lara's was the prettiest of them all.

a feeling of sadness came over me.

i just shrugged it away, smiling the smile my love gave me.

* * *   END   * * *

© 2010 Eboy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on November 8, 2010
Last Updated on November 8, 2010

Author

Eboy
Eboy

General Trias, Cavite, Philippines



About
I'm no one, really. I write about myself. Basically, my work is my mirror. As it is for all writers. I write what I want to write. I really hope that I could improve my writing by you helping me .. more..

Writing
Sardines Sardines

A Poem by Eboy


Dirt Dirt

A Poem by Eboy


Luna, Astra Luna, Astra

A Poem by Eboy