A Flawless Connection

A Flawless Connection

A Story by Jenny-Jen-Jen
"

Maybe real life can be better than the movies? A connection between two new loves.

"

A Flawless Connection

 

Tremors shook the seat beneath me as Joseph Gordon-Levitt raced across the screen. Gun shots were fired, explosions, glass breaking… action. It was an intense movie with an intriguing plot line… hard to predict a future, yet you still tried and tried… always to fail. Even so, my mind wasn’t entirely focused on the movie before me.

 Flashes of light illuminated the theatre room in the house as he sat next to me, poised, his eyes transfixed on the screen before us. All I could think to myself was, “He’s so out of my league.” Standing a good six foot four inches tall, he has short sandy blonde hair, perfect blue eyes, and tan skin; a toned, muscular body with the style of a school-boy jock gone casual. His smile, which grows dimples, is hypnotic. It’s as if he was picked right out of a catalog.

I glanced over, hoping to go unnoticed but before I could pull my eyes away, his met mine. A sly smile appeared. “What?” He had murmured. “Nothing,” I believe I said, focusing back on the movie. My hand was placed on the arm rest between us, resting near my leg. And I kept wishing he’d hold it. We’d been out twice before, and he hadn’t made a move. Then I had begun to think I just wasn’t his type.

My eyes wandered until I focused on his hands, watching as they piddled and fiddled about in his lap. A few moments later, he placed his hand close to mine on the arm rest, but without holding my hand. I turned my head slightly to look at him, noticing he chose not to look back this time, but instead deeply focus on the movie.

I try to do the same, but still watch from the corner of my eye as his hands dance from his lap to the arm rest a few times more. It’s almost as if he were nervous; working up the courage even. And to that, I smiled. A few more moments of thumb fiddling passed and I heard a small sigh release from within his chest.

He reached over, dramatically even, and scooped my hand up into his. The notion was so tickling funny that I giggled as we stumbled to get proper a grip on each other’s hands. “What?” He asked, a stifling laugh in his throat, and nervous. “Nothing.” I smiled, squeezing his hand. And he smiled back.

 

The movie continued, passing faster than I expected. It had a good ending, I suppose. Our hands remained intertwined for the majority of it, except for the slight moment he rose to retrieve a blanket for us once noticing how cold my hands were. He then put on an episode of a television show I hadn’t heard of, though it was also interesting.

By the end of it, I still wasn’t ready to let go of his hand. The credits had crossed the screen and the menu of the television was back on the projection screen before us. The sounds of commercials played, but we paid no mind to them. I caught myself staring at him. He laughed.

                “What?” I had asked. “Nothing.” That seemed to be our go-to interaction. I looked away smiling, still holding onto his hand. When I glanced back, his eyes were still on me. I felt my cheeks burning red, though in the darkness of the theatre room, I’m sure he couldn’t notice. “Whaaaaat?” I exaggerated. He just shook his head, his grin growing wider and wider. That adorable grin that he does; the one that just makes me melt. And all I can think is “God, I want to kiss him.”

I looked away, smiling to myself, wondering how it would play out. “You want to say something, don’t you?” He asked. I looked back, and shook my head. “Nope.” A big, teasing grin. He smirked, laughing softly. His eyes still, never leaving mine. But I can’t keep the connection, a flaw of mine. I pull away.

I hear a shift in his seat and feel his hand slip from mine. And as I turned my head back to him, he was leaning towards me. Suddenly, his lips were inches from mine; he paused, looked into my eyes, and then pressed his lips against mine. They were smooth and soft. And all I could do was smile. His arms slipped around me as he kissed me again and again… and I kissed him back, finally realizing it wasn’t all a dream, but in fact, a flawless connection between us.

© 2013 Jenny-Jen-Jen


Author's Note

Jenny-Jen-Jen
Maybe reality is as good as the movies? I've been writing a lot of real life experience work lately... mainly to get the memories off my chest, or just to be able to look back at the memories later... and I feel it's a good thing. Though I would still love critique on the work... if you would? Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Brings back memories for me of a similar experience; so very sweet and real, takes me there. So very nice!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Brilliantly composed. This played out the nervous interaction between the two of you so perfectly it was nearly cinematic. I thought the flow of the piece was seamless and each line kept the reader interested wondering just what was going to happen between the two. Simple yet very heart felt. Wonderful work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


It's quite good :3 Keep it up

Posted 11 Years Ago


I agree with your Author's note. Reality can be better then a movie. I enjoyed the thoughts in the story. Nice to be alone with someone you love and enjoy the simple things. Thank you for the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

358 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2013
Last Updated on January 10, 2013
Tags: Love, First Kiss, First Date, Second Dates, Holding Hands, Romance, A Flawless Connection, Kiss

Author

Jenny-Jen-Jen
Jenny-Jen-Jen

Mo-Town, NC



About
Death is Peaceful. Life is Harder. I base my writing upon what comes to mind, what I'm going through, and true feelings. I'm opinionated, and sometimes you'll see that shine through the cracks of m.. more..

Writing
Free Free

A Poem by Jenny-Jen-Jen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Taint Taint

A Poem by ewest1220