As Halloween Turns

As Halloween Turns

A Poem by Hebe

Hey Jack!

My name is JACK-O-LANTERN if you please!

Ok Jack- O - Lantern, shine that light over here, I can't see a thing. ...

But you're BATS your not supposed to need light to see!

Yeh... well that's what those humans think, you've been watching too much Animal Planet....
well anyway did you see that COFFIN parade today?

No ....where was it?

Near the SCARECROW with the funny hat, and the LOLLIPOP hanging from his mouth, and let's not forget the CRIMSON tablecloth pants.... what were they thinking !

Yes i saw him, he looks very EERY to me, just standing starring over the graveyard
I tell you humans are weird ....

I think they call it creativity...

Quite CHILLING if you ask me..... but it is Halloween after all. ...

Quiet! ....did you hear that...that SHRILL!!
Oh no, I think something got caught in the DEADFALL ...someone needs to tell them, animals have been around longer than humans!
I'm going to check it out.....see you later

Don't expect me to keep the light on !

© 2016 Hebe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Jack and the bat had a deep and intuitive conversation here; so intilectual. Ha, ha. This was really fun. I can find light hearted enjoyment in something so obviously made up.
Your word list was a perfect ingredient for light to come to Mr. Bat and a story of illumination between two who are experiencing Halloween.
Ha, ha again: I really enjoyed your, I mean their conversation!
Blessings,
Kathy

Posted 6 Years Ago


try the 10 word contest, they are fun and it makes your mind stretch in different directions.... its almost like an exercise. .....thanks for reading my poem...it's a little wacky a conversation between a scatcrow and a bat! .... yikes!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


I've only read you twice that I can remember (today) & both have been constructed using a list of words, it seems. In the other one, your words felt less conspicuous, blending into the story better. In this one, I like the uninhibited ideas that flow one after another, if not always with the list of words being smoothly interjected. I think being uninhibited is one of the best traits of a good writer. I've only recently begun to try to be less structured & more outrageous.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I'm glad I made you smile...

Posted 7 Years Ago


this is so cute-n-fun enjoyed

Posted 7 Years Ago


hahaha I got a giggle out of this, especially, "... well that's what those humans think, you've been watching too much Animal Planet...." hahaha Wonderfully creative and adventurous. I really like this. Nice job & delightful use of all 10 given words! Thank you for entering this into the 10 Words I Give contest!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hey thanks... I like those 10 word contests, they make you use your imagination. ....:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fun :)
I like the different point of view.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 4, 2016
Last Updated on October 4, 2016

Author

Hebe
Hebe

NJ



About
My passion is dancing Argentine Tango. It takes a minute to fall in love with it and a lifetime to master it. It is elusive & addictive. It is obsessive & blissful. It can take you through a rainb.. more..

Writing
Dust to Dust Dust to Dust

A Poem by Hebe


Healthy Living Healthy Living

A Poem by Hebe


Rachel Rachel

A Story by Hebe



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..