The Sketch

The Sketch

A Story by Hebe
"

10 word contest - Charity, Dream, Cake, Competition, Farfetched, Burgandy, Rock, Seemingly, Pour, Sketch

"




Let me start by telling you it's not an easy life being a fairy in someone's SKETCH.  You have to wait till there's no one around, or wait till it gets dark when everyone is sleeping to move around.  So here I am sitting in my beautiful castle waiting for Jillian to finish sketching my ROCK garden. She is going to be using watercolors to add beautiful BURGUNDY Pansies in my garden.  I am a bit worried about where I am going to end up living, as I overheard a conversation.  Jillian said she was going to enter her drawing in a COMPETITION for a CHARITY.  This has me worried, who knows where I might end up. Hopefully not in a basement somewhere collecting dust!  I know, I know, you readers out there are thinking, is this a DREAM, a little FARFETCHED to say the least!  There are no fairies coming alive in someone's drawing!  But let me ask you this question?  Do you have any proof that it doesn't happen?  That's right you don't!  It is SEEMINGLY mind blowing, but what the heck, I'll let you figure that one out!  Meanwhile I saw this delicious CAKE sitting on the kitchen counter top, I think I'll POUR myself a little plum wine and revel in a slice of chocolate and raspberry gateau!




© 2017 Hebe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

'The Sketch'
Hebe,
Well all ten words were used within your narrative of this little fairy's experience. I was tickled that those words could end up in so many different ways depending on the writer's imagination. It is wonderful to witness all the ways that people do that. Your two pictures really made this piece of writing special. The fairy herself is just adorable and magical. She has a bit of attitude. Loved this one of yours!
Bless you.
Kathy

Posted 1 Year Ago


Its actually a delicious read, Hebe...
I liked it very much as I revel in fantasy...:)
Very enjoyable indeed!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Hebe

6 Years Ago

Thank you for stopping by and reviewing it:)
How cute :) Impressive use of the imagination weaving this little story!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Hebe

6 Years Ago

Thank you Andronicus... so happy you enjoyed this :)
A joy to read. I'm new here and the idea of a ten word contest is intriguing. Thank you for setting a great example

Posted 6 Years Ago


Hebe

6 Years Ago

Hi Alan and welcome, I hope you enjoy this site. It's a great place to share your work, with wonderf.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
This is amazing! I loved this piece. You used these words very creatively and turned them into something beautiful. Well done!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Thank you Sam appreciate it :)
Wow, an absolutely splendid piece of writing that speaks volumes in so very few words ... I enjoyed this to the max ...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

I think you were the only one that got the meaning behind the meaning so to speak ;) thank you so mu.. read more
How creatively you have used those ten words, Hebe. Take a bow for your creative sketch.
It is an absolute pleasure reading your works.
Thank you for sharing...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Hi Bala... thank you for your kind words :)
Well this was a rather cute and creative story. I loved the whole whimsical concept behind the tale. And addressing the elephant in the room i.e. the nonbelievers added a sense of realism to this otherwise fictional tale. I loved it :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Hey Tashida, how's it going...thank you always for your review:)
How very creative! I adored this piece from a fairy's point of view. I hope she ended up some place happy, too. Delightful use off all 10 given words. Well Done!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

So glad you liked it.... thank you so much :)
This was cute with a capital C. I really liked how you talked about this story from the fairys perspective. In particular " She is going to be using watercolors to add beautiful BURGUNDY Pansies in my garden."

Such was the quality and realisticness (if there is such a word) of this piece, I just felt that I wanted to have a conversation with this fairy and ask her about life and other meaningful things.

Quality piece once again and thank you for taking me into the world of fairies on a canvas.

Mark.

I want Mooshi. My feet are stamping!! ...lol

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Lol thanks Mark..you know i like my 10 word contests.....a little frivolous writing never hurt anyon.. read more
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

You're welcome. I know you like the 10 worders BUT i like mooshi......lol.
Seriously, this wa.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

372 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 3, 2017
Last Updated on March 9, 2017

Author

Hebe
Hebe

NJ



About
My passion is dancing Argentine Tango. It takes a minute to fall in love with it and a lifetime to master it. It is elusive & addictive. It is obsessive & blissful. It can take you through a rainb.. more..

Writing
Dust to Dust Dust to Dust

A Poem by Hebe


Healthy Living Healthy Living

A Poem by Hebe


Rachel Rachel

A Story by Hebe



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Let's Eat Cake Let's Eat Cake

A Story by Hebe


Unveiled Unveiled

A Story by Hebe


Wordless Wordless

A Poem by Hebe