Healthy Living

Healthy Living

A Poem by Hebe

Plastic or paper bags?
Paper please
Exhaust fumes fragrance the air, as I drive home
Blueberries nice & ripe
I wash them in a chemical soup called water
I pop a few in my mouth, very tasty!
I swallow a healthy dose of pesticides
It’s time to take the recycle bottles outside!
What a joke!

© 2021 Hebe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I wanted to take a moment to share my thoughts and feelings about your powerful and thought-provoking poem. Your words paint a vivid picture of the environmental challenges that we face in our daily lives, highlighting the ways in which our choices and actions can have a profound impact on the world around us.

The contrast between the beauty of nature and the pollution and waste that we create is particularly striking, and it's a reminder that we all have a responsibility to take action to reduce our impact on the environment. Your poem is a call to action, a reminder that we can all make a difference by making conscious choices and taking action to reduce our impact on the environment.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to read your poem and to be reminded of the importance of sustainability, awareness, and action in the face of environmental challenges. Your words are a powerful reminder of the need for greater awareness and action to address these issues, and I'm inspired by your vision and your talent.

Thank you for sharing your poem with the world, and for reminding me of the importance of compassion, empathy, and action in the face of environmental challenging.

Posted 8 Months Ago


Ah yes, we all think that we are living a healthy lifestyle but we dont stop and think about where our food comes from or the packaging. Paper and plastic is bad for our planet, cars create pollution, our fruit is sprayed with pesticide which we eat, and we think recycling is good but it might not always be. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Yes, it can hard to know if some foods contain traces of pesticides or not. Plastic is viewed as a great evil these days, but it is not as black and white as that. Plastic can be useful. It is the disposal of it that can be tricky. I use plastic bags for shopping. Most of them I have had for years, and I reuse them constantly. Paper comes from trees, and too many trees are being felled. No easy answer. We all need to act as responsibly as we can.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Hebe

1 Year Ago

Thank you for your review … it is a vicious circle.
So poignant. It is heartbreaking, the situation we find ourselves submerged in. I don't know the answer(s), if indeed there are any, but if only we had listened years and years ago to the great environmental advocates who have been warning the planet for decades. But maybe, just maybe, if we all work together for a change... we can make a difference.
Beautiful poem.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Hebe

1 Year Ago

Thank you Charle, appreciate your comment :)
LOL, I must agree. And what a fun poem, thanks!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Hebe

1 Year Ago

Thanks JE :)
When our bodies recycle to dust, the chemicals will corrupt the crematorium, atrophy the atmosphere and putrify the planet. Is that what you're getting at?

Posted 1 Year Ago


Hebe

1 Year Ago

Eventually it will probably get as far as the crematorium…. Good point you made…. Everything we.. read more
there is no evasive action that really works...it is like being in the grocery store when it is crowded, trying to social distance....the more we try to stay away from danger, the more we run into it.
j.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Hebe

3 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob for your review... yep that’s true .... let’s hope we manage to pull out of it s.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
7 Reviews
Added on February 16, 2021
Last Updated on February 17, 2021

Author

Hebe
Hebe

NJ



About
My passion is dancing Argentine Tango. It takes a minute to fall in love with it and a lifetime to master it. It is elusive & addictive. It is obsessive & blissful. It can take you through a rainb.. more..

Writing
Dust to Dust Dust to Dust

A Poem by Hebe


Rachel Rachel

A Story by Hebe