Chapter Twenty Two: Truth

Chapter Twenty Two: Truth

A Chapter by Daisy Moon

My pages are soaked, and it has taken you two weeks to even open me again Bess, I was beginning to worry that you had been sucked into the dark side. 

Your face is red and puffy, snot running down your nose and your hands shaking too much for you to write…. what is happening? I was right, wasn't I? She came into your life only to destroy you again, hasn't she? 

Your attempt at a nod makes me pity you, I almost feel the need to hug you and make you feel better, but I just can't Bess, I can't. There is no point in throwing a pity party when I had forewarned you of the destructive behavior that your disease-ridden mother possesses. There is nothing you can do for that type of illness but get rid of it, throw it out like the trash that it is. 



Just face the facts Bess, you were born into a family full of sickos and a******s and there is nothing you can do about it. You can’t even legally make it on your own because you’re still considered a child. Oh, don't worry about the state Bess, no one is going to come throw your overweight a*s into foster care, the state knows better than to waste their time on worthless nobodies. You should pack your bags and head on over to grandpa’s house. You and I both know that it is your only option. 



He what...?

So, Grandpa has a new woman in his life, huh? You think after living fifteen years alone and being free of your insane grandmother that he would avoid women, especially ones that look like that.

               

What is with the men in your family and their choice in women?! Your grandmother may have been a cranky old nutter, but at least she had class (well compared to the rest of your family, anyway), plus she knew how to kick a*s. This girl though, she looks like a walking pin needle. And yes, probably because of heroin. 

But what other choice do we have? Who else would take us in?

                    

You and Trevor? Don't make me laugh Bess, at least finish high school before you attempt to marry the first loser that shows you any interest. 

It's just nice to know that I am the only person you can truly trust and turn to when s**t hits the fan. 


© 2022 Daisy Moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on December 20, 2015
Last Updated on April 20, 2022


Author

Daisy Moon
Daisy Moon

Marietta, GA



Writing