It's Your Birthday

It's Your Birthday

A Chapter by Daisy Moon

During the same exact time, miles away in the Kingdom of the Zen Garden there was another young woman crowned queen and it just happened to be on her birthday as well.  That is right, today is Star's twenty first birthday and she's been chosen to take over the Zen Garden and lead them toward peace, truth and the light.  Living harmonously and enjoying life and helping others enjoy life as well.  The retired leader felt she presented the most holiest manner and knew she would be capable of leading a kingdom to peace and harmony. 

Star was confident and her father, proud.  He could not stop beaming at her especially considering how well she was dressed for the occasion.  She truly looked like a princess!  Hagrid was so proud of how Star turned out considering who her real parents had been but it just goes to show that nuture can be far more powerful than nature and love had truly blessed this child.  "My child, yer look bee-you-tee-full." At the sound of her father's voice Star turned from her reflection in her vanity and smiled at her father.  She felt as good as he looked, gleaming with righteousness. 

"Father, I hope to serve this kingdom well and continue to bring peace, harmony and love into our land and to the people that consume it."  She walked over to her father and wrapped her arms around his waist, as that was as far as she could reach and squeezed him tightly.  "I would not be here without you father and through living a life in the light."  Hagrid grabbed her arms to pull her away and to take another look into her face, she had grown into such an intelligent and beautiful woman and Hagrid knew that she would do great things.  "I love you child."  He leaned down to kiss the top of her head, then leading her out the door to the party that awaited her downstairs. 


Moon's entrance wasn't as comforting as she had liked as many of the people that lived in her kingdom did not agree with her mother's ways nor hers.  She was determined to convince them that her way was the only way to be and if they wanted true happiness they had to follow her lead.  And those that choose to stand in her way, she knew just how to deal with them.  It would not be the first time she's ripped out a heart, after all she had learned it from her mother who learned it from her mother, Regina and so on and so forth.  It was like a family tradition, she even was introduced to the vault on her eighteenth birthday party and was told she was able to keep the hearts she stole close to her and once she was done, she could just crush them and their life would cease to exist.  

Her mother allowed her to take her first heart as her birthday gift and she chose the man that she had sought after since she was a young tween, Lucious Malfoy.  She remembers all too well asking on her twelth birthday for her mother to kill her sister, Narcissa because she wanted to whoo and marry Lucious when she turned eighteen and was crowned queen.  Her mother promised her that her wish will be granted yet on her eighteenth birthday instead her mother took her to the vault and let her kill Narcissa herself, as a birthday gift.  But instead of celebrating and planning a wedding, Bellatrix fell ill the very same evening.  Unaware of why her mother was ill, she promised her mother that she would finish out her dreams and make her proud.  

She cried on her dead mother for hours before Snape came to take her away.  She would never be right after that day and her violence and hate grew.  Luckily for Snape she doesn't know that it was he that had poisoned her mother because had she known, she would have raced to kill him instead of running to the vault and crushing heart after heart, not caring what heart belonged to whom.  But even though she crushed all of those hearts, they never felt as satisfying as murdering Narcissa and getting her way and gaining the love she had sought after for so long.  Lucious had finally become hers and soon she would rule the kingdom and then eventually, the entire world. 

Moon walked down the stairs realizing not many noticed her entrance and went straight to the table that was piled high with gifts, meaningless gifts that meant nothing for no one truly loved her-not even the man that stood by her side, no matter the cruel behavior she put off.  She felt a hand graze her shoulder to turn to see just who she had expected, Lucious.  "My dear, why such the long face? Finally today is the day you've looked forward to your entire life."  He leaned in to kiss her on her neck. "Please, smile and enjoy the day for tomorrow you will be queen and no matter the stares or thoughts, they must abide by you."  

Moon smiled and knew he was right and if they didn't, she'd kill them and end their pathetic, worthless lives.  She grabbed onto Lucious' hand and drug him to the dance floor to enjoy her birthday party, dancing the night away with the love of her life, enjoying today and awaiting for tomorrow. 


Star stood at the table that held her gifts and smiled.  "Father?" Hagrid turned from the all you can eat buffet to look at his daughter.  He nodded and she walked closer to him so she did not have to speak so loudly.  "Father, I wish to open these gifts and then give them accordingly, shall that be alright with you?" Hagrid loved the grace and generousity that filled his daughter.  "Yes, of course as long as you keep a single one yourself and no, it doesn't have to be the one I bought you."  Star giggled and Hagrid leaned to pinch her baby chunked cheek.  

"I shall start opening gifts then!"  She raced back over to the table and began ripping through the gifts, oh how she loved opening gifts, seeing what was inside and then giving it to someone that could use it or someone that went without.  "Aha, a brand new pair of running sneakers.  Lucky for me, I just bought my own pair last week...", she searched the room to see who she could find that would fit and enjoy these same shoes.  "Hmm...", finally she spotted a young girl that had gone to the same school and was the same age and looked to be the same size, her name was Belle and she did not have much.  She remembered how Belle had lost her father at a young age and was raised by the entire kingdom but as she grew older, she had to work for what she got and Star knew she did not have a lot.  She walked over to Belle and placed the sneakers under her nose, as she was bent down in her chair looking bored and uninterested in the dancing that surrounded her.  "Dearest Belle, could you use a new pair of sneakers?" 

Belle looked up and smiled at Star, "Star! I didn't think you would have time to come around and see me, what with your new job and obligations to the entire kingdom!" Belle stood and took the shoes, "I could definitely use a new pair and I thank you for your considerate behavior and am so blessed to know you." Belle grabbed Star and put her into a hug and held her tightly.  "Please, never change because you bring hope to the helpless and harmony to the angered and answers to the confused. I pray that one day you'll be able to bring this peace all across the kingdoms so that others can enjoy the harmony that you bring." 

Star felt so happy that she came to see Belle and felt so blessed herself to know a person with such a kind heart even through the toughest of times.  She promised herself that she would help those living in hard times and poverty once she became queen because she did not want anyone suffering in her kingdom.  She spent the rest of the evening handing out gifts and as she had promised her father, she kept a gift for herself.  Even though she did not pick it based on the fact that it was given to her by her father, she picked it because it suited her best.  A silver gold necklace with a moon and star hanging together, connected as if it were a ying yang and sparkling with diamonds.  She knew that he had gotten it because it represented herself, she was just unsure of what the moon meant.  She told herself she would ask him in the morning because as of right that moment, she was ready for rest. 


© 2015 Daisy Moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on December 20, 2015
Last Updated on December 20, 2015


Author

Daisy Moon
Daisy Moon

Marietta, GA



Writing