The beginning of an end.

The beginning of an end.

A Chapter by Daisy Moon

 
The morning after the party the clouds grew dark in Macht, the same clouds that flew outside the night that Star had been born.  Only these were clouds that Moon had created to warn the people of their inevitable doom.  

Moon's picture suddenly appeared on every television screen that was plugged into an outlet and her voice appeared, loudly.  "Peasants please listen carefully for I shall only speak once.  If you abide by the law that I have set you will be free to walk the land on your own, however if you choose to go against my wishes then you will be mine, I will control you and you'll lose your soul.  And if and when I wish, I will end your life because I am your Lord and you will worship me or else.  Good day."

Moon stood in her office and paced back and forth, awaiting Leahanna's arrival. If she trusted anyone it would be her, she trusted her even more  than she trusted her own father.   Leahanna was Rumplestiltskin's little sister and she never knew her parents, they died when she was the tender age of two.  Her brother took on the responsibility of raising her at the age of ten and has taught her well over the years.  Leahanna nearly disowned her brother when he turned into the dark one but eventually she gave in and forgave him and he taught her well.  She knew evil better than Moon, herself even though she would never admit it out loud.  She did not want Leahanna to want to take her place as Queen.  She was solely friends to keep that from happening as Moon didn't truly care about anyone's feelings but her own.  She wanted all the power and glory for herself.  

Fortunately for Moon, Leahanna actually cared about her and their friendship.  She enjoyed being friends with Moon and liked thinking of rising to power at her side.  She did not need the glory as she enjoyed the material things that came along with the riches.  Plus, Moon made her laugh and she accepted Moon for who she was, even if she had a tendency to crush people's hearts.  

"I think you came on a little too strong don't you think?" Leahanna was quick to call her out when she acted out without throughily thinking it through.  

"I'm queen and can do whatever I want now and no one can stop me, unless of course they attempt to behead me to find out that I can't die.  Foolish, I'm immortal and nothing can stop me."  Leahanna just shook her head and knew there was nothing she could say to that.  Moon was stubborn and right, no one could stop her.  She was truly invincible.  Leahanna really knew there was a way to kill Moon but even she was made unaware, Moon did not trust anyone and kept important details to herself.  

---

Star woke to birds chirping, the sun shining and a peaceful breeze blowing in the wind.  It was a beautiful morning, like many before only this morning she was a ruler.  She had big responsibilities and a lot of people at stake.  She wanted the best for all of them even to one day bring the best to the rest of the kingdoms so that they all may live in harmony, together.  

She did not want to make a mistake and she did not want to stop spreading the truth and the light to the world.  She wanted to always bring peace to all, including herself and bringing harmony to parts of this world.  She knew the Truth and wanted to spread the joy to all so that they, too could find the inner peace that she has.  The comfort and the knowing that one day all things will be made right and peace will fill the world.  She wanted to be a person to help make that happen, she wanted to live a purpose that was designed for her.  

Star walked down stairs to find her father making pancakes and if her nose was correct a pan of bacon.  "It smells great father but why are you up so early?" She ran up to him and stood next to him, grabbed the spantula and flipped a pancake.  

"Lot's to do today dear, lots to do!"  Hagrid smiled and took off the last piece of bacon, then sat the skillet back down.  Star took the last pancake and put it on her father's plate and then put away her dishes.  "It looks great, I love when you cook for me, it makes me feel special." 

Hagrid smiled, "You are special and you are always going to be." He sat at the table and began to eat, he didn't like syrup like Star did.  She nearly used an entire bottle per pancake, it made her feel like a kid again.  They ate silently while thinking their different thoughts on the same subjects.  

Star was day-dreaming about falling in love with a prince and getting married, as usual and her father sat dreaming about large all you can eat buffets.  They were both happy, very content but still had dreams.  Star knew she had to stay focused on her job but it didn't change how her heart felt.  She longed to share her life with another, a man that would complete her-a soul mate, perhaps.  She wanted a family with children and pets and lots of laughing and happiness.  She wanted it desperately but she also knew she had duties to perform, she needed to help those that needed help and show love to those that needed love and to be accepting of everyone for who they are. 

She knew that if she were patient she would be blessed with a husband that was meant solely for her and they would spend their lives together while on this earth. She knew it, felt it and looked forward to experiencing it.  

---
 
Back in Macht a young man was having a similar dream in where he was dreaming of finding his princess, the girl that his fairy tale spoke of.  But he feared it would never come true because of his wicked step mother's ways, yes this boy was the stepson of the evil Queen Moon.  The boy's name was Draco Malfoy, the son of Lucious and his past wife, Narcissa.  The woman whom's heart Moon had ripped out, fortunately for Moon, Draco had no knowledge of this information.  Draco despised his stepmother and her evil ways and dreamed of a peaceful land where people worked together, shared together and lived happily together.  And he dreamed to find his bride so that together they could save the world from all evil, all negative creation. 

Draco only knew of one man in any other the other five kingdoms and he knew well of the kingdom and its people.  He knew that the ruler of the Zen Garden had recently stepped down but he was unaware of the new ruler to run the community.  But he knew that Hagrid worked for the rulers, even lived in a small hut on the land with them.  And he knew Hagrid all too well and had not seen him in years.  He so desperately wanted to go there and see him again and ask him, how do they bring such happiness to their land.  Draco wanted to learn the knowledge of good so he could spread it through out the earth so that they could all live in peace and harmony.  He knew that he could trust Hagrid to help him because Hagrid was a really great man, a hero.  

Draco just did not know much more about the Zen Garden then that and he had no knowledge of how to get there.  He had no one to turn to and ask, he felt so alone and feared the worst for all kingdoms, even the Zen Garden, itself.  He didn't want the only good left in this world to perish as everything else has.  Draco wanted to overcome evil and bring peace even to the evil ones.  

Draco would continue to dream dreams of a princess and happiness to awake to his stepmothers voice ringing loud and clear in his head.  "Happiness was not built for you! Draco you must allow the dark inside of you and seek to destroy this world with your power and revenge.  For your mother..."  Moon's voice lingered off after that and that was when he woke up, sweat covering his body.  He feared his own thoughts, that he may think something and that she may hear.  If she knew of his thoughts and ideas of a journey he wished to conquer, she would surely end his life or control it the way he thinks she controls his father.  

"Son?" Lucious switched on the light in Draco's room and looked concerned. "Everything alright?" Draco wiped sweat off his brow and nodded toward his father. "Alright then son, if you need me I'll be down for breakfast.  I will see you down there."  Then he walked right out, shutting the door behind him.  

Draco took a deep breath then stood to change and prepare for another day, fearful of what the kingdom would go through now that his stepmother was in charge. 

---

Star took a deep breath and then finished her last bite of pancake before recalling the question she had been longing to ask her father since last night. 

"Papa?" She tilted her head to the side, waiting for him to look up from his own plate that he was just nearly done finishing himself. 

"Yes, my child?" He smiled at her as he went to wipe the crumbs out of his long, curly beard. 

She pulled on her necklace and rubbed the moon and star symbol between her fingers.  "I know you chose this beautiful piece for me because it represened who I was but papa, what does the moon stand for?" 

Hagrid tugged genetly on his beard and his eyes sort of lost focus and she could see a sudden stream of sweat pouring down the sides of his face. "Papa?" 

She got up and walked over and touch his cheek and sure enough her hand felt wet. "Papa, you only sweat when you are nervous.  Is there something you are scared to tell me?" Hagrid simply nodded at the statement because he was unaware of even where to begin. Star was old enough to finally hear the truth about her parents, Hagrid and her little half sister, Moon.  He just didn't know if he was the right person to tell her even though he knew in his heart he was the only one able to. 

"I am going to tell you a story that you may not like nor that may upset you and it represents the moon on your necklace. I just do not know where to begin because I fear your reaction." Star's knees began to buckle under her weight and she felt dizzy so she sat in the nearest chair, nodding toward no one in particular but suddenly felt completely worried. 

"I'm not who you think I am even though I have been here for your entire life.  I am not really your father and I think deep down you know this.  You were given to me to be put in my care so that you didn't grow up to be the woman your mother had intended for you." 

Star couldn't lift her eyes to look at her father and her brain was racing so fast she could barely hear him, much less comprehend what he was saying. 

"Your mother was a terrible woman..." Star, without knowing how or why, cut him off with a simple, "Was?" 

Hagrid tugged at his beard again, moaning slightly as if telling her, oh please don't make me say it.  "She's dead, she died two years ago, on your twenteith birthday.  From what I was told she was poisoned but the culprit was never made known to me."
"Dead. Okay, and my father?" She looked up, concern in her eyes even though she had a feeling she knew his answer. 

"He was murdered for being the dark one, the most powerful dark wizard to ever walk the earth.  Some say he was murdered and replaced but no one knows for certain. I figured if there had been another, he would have come around by now but the only real evils live in the place we rescued you from, Macht." 

"And who saved me?" She asked wondering who cared so much about her especially if she came from such evil wizards. 

"His name is Snape, Severus Snape and he is very important to you and your life, actually because he is your stepfather. He saved you from your mother's evil plans." Hagrid paused for a second to drink a sip of his coffee.  "Unfortunately, after he saved you he returned to your mother because he loved her and exactly a year later your mother gave birth to a sister, and her name is Moon." Star's expression changed quickly, she suddenly felt surprised-taken back. 

"A sister?" He nodded, "Well a half sister, really but a sister none the same." He smiled at her and then the smile fell.  "The only problem is, she took after your mother and she is seeking to control the entire world. She is out to destroy all that is good in this world and conquer the world in which your father tried to do.  Serevus tried to raise her right but your mother had her ways..." Hagrid trailed off and then pain filled his eyes as he began to cry.  "I am so sorry, my child.  I did not want to ever tell you this story but because of Moon's actions, we must prepare and you must know who she is to you.  I can not hide the truth no longer." 

"Father, it's alright. We will find a way to stop her that does not involve death.  I will call on Serenity, she and her sister will help us.  They both know so much more about the other kingdoms as they have traveled all through our lands and with their wisdom and guidance we should find a way to save our kingdom and all of the rest." She stood up from her chair and walked over to Hagrid and sat in his lap, wrapping her arms around him to console him and let him know that everything was going to be alright. 
"I knew you were special, from the first moment I laid eyes on you-holding you in my arms.  Oh you were just a tiny baby but I knew you would be the most special of them all." 

---

"Draco? Son, please come over here."  Draco looked towards his stepmother and could see she was up to something, he could see it in her eyes.  "I have a mission for you dear boy." 

Draco walked over to see a map and upon the map, he could see directions to all the kingdoms of the land.  Draco nearly let his secret loose when joy filled his entire body. Moon glanced at Draco's expression then shrugged it off.  "A mission?", he whispered attempting to brush it off himself. 

"Yes, dear boy, a mission.  See this here?"  He nodded as pointed toward the map.  "This is the map of all the kingdoms of this beautiful earth, kingdoms that soon shall be mine.  There is only but a single problem with this."  She slide her finger from their kingdom down to one directly below them, the Zen Garden.  "This place, this place right here is an issue."
 
Draco nearly jumped out of his shoes!  Was his stepmother about to give him directions to the place he so desperately wished to seek?  It could not be so easy or could it?  "What is the issue mother?" He didn't know why he had called her mother, she was only a year younger than he was, calling her mother usually made his food come up his throat. 

She turned and smiled into his face.  "Dear boy, this place must be destroyed.  These people do not wish to bow down to me, they serve another Lord." 
"And what Lord is that?" He wished he had not asked it the moment he did because his stepmother's green eyes burned red the minute he did. 

"Never mind that you idiot boy!  If they do not worship me then they will find death.  All must bow down at my feet for I do the work of Lord Voldemort and he is the only Lord that will be known on this earth, understood?" Draco could barely nod, he didn't want his stepmother to change her mind and call someone else to fulfill this journey. 
"What am I to do once I reach this kingdom?" Moon smiled at this comment and shook off the ignorance that was spoken before.  

"Dear boy, I need you to go here and win the hearts of these foolish people, for they are good to all.  They will accept you and once that happens I wish for you to seduce and make the ruler fall in love with you." She squeezed his shoulder and leaned her mouth in closely to his ear.  "Once you are their king, we will have control and they will be forced to do as we say, or they will be enslaved and do our bidding."  Moon burst out laughing, nearly blowing out his ear drum.  Then she rolled up the map, handed it off and left him with, "Mess this up boy and you'll wind up like your mother." She walked off and Draco stood frozen with the map in his hands.  


© 2015 Daisy Moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on December 20, 2015
Last Updated on December 20, 2015


Author

Daisy Moon
Daisy Moon

Marietta, GA



Writing