Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
You and Me

You and Me

A Story by Daisy
"

"Into the soul...."

"



I always wondered if I would ever meet someone who would truly love me for who I am, without all that jazz. How am I to know who really loves me once I am out into this materialistic world of dissections and judgements? How would I ever know if its real ? Or even whether its love in the first place? Because I loved once and I lost. Not him but myself. For what’s worse when love leaves you before you leave each other.


But amidst all this mess a higher purpose was busy weaving a love story- the best love story of two strangers who must have crossed paths so many times on these busy streets of life, who must have been together at the same place without the slightest pull of the threads attached, who must have been sitting right next to each other for months in the same space and time, living moments of finding a heart as familiar as one another beating across a distance. Everything building onto a higher purpose, so amused by the show. Pulling the thread just enough to bring them close ONE Baby STEP at a time till the cloth softly wrapped them together in a WALK of a mile. And so they met as YOU and ME.



From strangers to friends to companions walking down the same road where we once walked past each other and the roads turned to a shore struck by the waves of love at sunset while the night fell upon us blending the two edges and YOU turned into ME and I turned into YOU. 

 


And here we are with the hands that once swung alone now swings together. Hands strong enough to move the curtain to see through each other from across two countries. And less did we knew when your night became my day as we used the same thread to tie the two together in love. From “You are my friend” to “I am your reflection”  , our hearts turned into mirrors where I no longer saw You and Me but US.



Then you swept me off my feet and held me as I was about to fall and hugged me tight when I tried to let go. You kept me steady in the waves and never let me fall except in love with you as we nurtured our passion away.  You kept me warm when I shivered. We have seen our strength fade away, our mind going all over the places , our tears as we broke down slowly inside and died each night, but we kissed away the pain and the fury and cradled us to a stronger day as we pulled the cloth on us to grow together underneath. HE stitched two differences together into a bond  of  love.  And with our thoughts so different only to converge into a beautiful reunion.



We were never in want of love because we were always in need of it. I always knew you somewhere and you always knew me, what’s left to be known is just US. The most beautiful purpose being we find ourselves each day through each other. Maybe that’s how HE wanted us to meet our own self. We fell in love without being told to, without somebody else trying to, without reasoning, without law but with instinct , with a purpose higher than ourselves and with the desire of waking up next to each other every morning. We are not meant for a wedding; we are meant for a marriage because we will never complete each other or be our better halves. We don’t need to complete each other , we just need to make our love complete irrespective of religion and society. I hope in the ocean of our life we stand together against every wave crashing through our love , our hands still swinging together and our hearts still wrapped under that piece of cloth HE weaved for us because someone once said "


“Each time I look at you,

Each time I smile at you,

YOU define love for ME”.

 

 



© 2016 Daisy


Author's Note

Daisy
I Love !

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You have done a good job of describing the kind of best friend love relationship most people only long for, but never actually experience. It's refreshing to read about a satisfying relationship, when so many are writing about pain & harshness of life & love. This line is thought-provoking: "We were never in want of love because we were always in need of it." . . . I hope this is a real person in your life & I wish you both the best, if it is (((HUGS)))

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisy

7 Years Ago

Yes! "You and Me" does exist for real and I feel so blessed to have him in my life. Thank you so muc.. read more



Reviews

I like it. It was a bit long for me, but it is very well written.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisy

7 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time to read it :)
Wølfy

7 Years Ago

You are welcome. :)
Maybe it's just because I'm preparing for my own wedding in just a few months, but this struck me as a(albeit rather long) wedding vow, even before the last paragraph when you brought up weddings and marriage. This is such a beautiful, thought-provoking celebration of love! I particularly like the line: "I always knew you somewhere and you always knew me, what's left to be known is just US." It really resonates with me. I feel like modern society can be very cynical about love, but this piece expresses just how powerful and worthwhile it really is. Thank you for sharing it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisy

7 Years Ago

Thank you for such a lovely feedback ! U added another beautiful dimension to it.
And hey con.. read more
I liked the ancient wisdom. "Love find us, we do not find love."
“Each time I look at you,
Each time I smile at you,
YOU define love for ME”.
I enjoyed the tale and the above happy ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisy

7 Years Ago

Thanks for your gracious comment again :)
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are welcome Daisy Roy.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1088 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 11, 2016
Last Updated on August 11, 2016

Author

Daisy
Daisy

India



About
Discoverer more..

Writing
INCOMPLETE(NESS) INCOMPLETE(NESS)

A Story by Daisy


Who Am I ? Who Am I ?

A Story by Daisy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Broken Mirror Broken Mirror

A Story by pia