Living in Dream Place

Living in Dream Place

A Story by Abderrahmane Dakir
"

It's story about two families, the fisrt live in the city and second chose living in countryside, how we can chose a place to live...

"

                        

Introduction

Mr Ali and Mr Omar worked together for a big company, they are serious, they never had a problem, they are like brothers, they live in the best area in Casablanca. ‘ Casablanca is the biggest city in Morocco. This city is known for the nice restaurants along the a coast line, the luxury cars running in the streets, it’s easy to spend a lot of money in a few days’.
They hung out round together. They are interested in a same books, they attended the many events, they went to the movie theater. Sometimes on the week end they prefered to go to the stadium, they are Soccer fans.
Omar is older than Ali and soon Omar retired. Ali couldn’t stand to live alone. Omar chose to stay far from the city that he had lived in for many years, he had  taken a rest at his farm.

              Chapter 1 : Ali’s Life in Casablanca

Mr Ali is a young man, he is forty five years old, he always puts on a blue suit, his shoes shine, he is very tidy, everything in order. He is handsome. He has worked for many years in a big company as a worker. His prerogative business is to keep his position. He’d never set any  goal in his life. He doesn’t have ambition, he found a stable job to ensure a  stable pay. Ali’s life was devoted to his family and work.

His wife works in a Bank as an assistant. She is a tall, she wears regular clothes, she doesn’t like to put  make up on her face. She’d rather to be natural, she is attractive,  her smile gives a joy to any person‘s heart. Her name is Yasmine, she is a very young woman, she is just twenty six years old. Every Wednesday she takes her husband to a party or a nice restaurant. She is all with a good company, she likes to invite friends, she is romantic, her husband calls her “my dearest”. He loves her and she loves him.

They have a great daughter called Lina. Lina is studying in a expensive School. She is very clever. Despite they are a modest family in the biggest city in Morocco but they live in a big house, their car is very expensive. Because they feel have to keep up with Janes’.

The Ali’, family, like many families in this city,  Everyone must be seen to be living in a good way. Everyone have to buy a house and expensive car in order to be seen to be successful.

Appearance is very important even among friends. It’s a law in this city. You have to chose between being  rich or living. Our rules are strange.

The first  rule is ‘All that glitters is gold’.

The second rule is ‘Live to eat’ , that’s way all restaurants and cafes are full all day long.

The third rule is ‘Work to live’. As soon as you start to work, you must be seen to be living therefore you also have buy a car and the house in short time. If you can not, the majority will think your life has ended in failure…

At end the month the family has to pay a lot amount of money on their monthly necessary, things like rent house, car lease, phones…
The Bank is growing. The insurance is growing too. The Ali’ family is becoming  stressed, they becoming nervous too.

This family is very smart. They are always looking for ways to  kill two birds with one stone. So they decided to visit Omar’s farm where they spent a great time together and brought back lots of  healthy foods which lasted an entire week.

The main issues for Ali and Yasmine are traffic and pollution. They both struggle with  traffic jams in  rush hour, it’s so frustrating. Everyday  they leave home early and they drive as fast as possible to get to work  on time.


Ali thought deeply with his wife about finding solution to this daily problem.

Chapter 2 : Omar’s Life in his farm

Omar loves nature, one of the things he enjoys doing  is reading a book under a tree. He stretches out his legs on the green grass, the sky is blue, the view is wide. There are no buildings in sight to block this great view, there are no traffic jams hurting his ears, there are no people making noise. It’s very calm, it’s very safe too. The sun shines on his book and his face. He can hears the bird’ songs. He looks happy, the pace in this countryside is lower. Time seems to pass very slowly. He smells the fruits, the flowers, the vegetables. He is in paradise. The land is like a carpet because there are no buildings so also there is no pollution. The air is wonderful, the water is great. Omar really gets a sense of community in countryside. The people work together. They share everything, the people are honest and calm. The healthy foods give him greater strength. He wishes, he could live there forever. It’s an unbelievable place.

 

Chapter 3 : Omar’s advise

On Week-ends Ali is mainly astounded about  Omar’s new  life. Omar smiles for a long time. He is cut off from the world. Working in his farm taking his mind out of the city. Ali tells Omar ‘It’s nice to see you like this, how happy you are here, he asks “could you tell me  what your happy memories about life in the city are”.

Omar took a minute before he replied ‘ One of the things I miss a lot is meeting my friends in a cafe in the morning. Actually another things that I miss are inviting my friends to a nice restaurant, going to stadium with you on Sundays, buying books in bookshop every day….I lived in the city for fifty years, it’s hard for me to forget it, it’s a part of my life…At the same time when we gain some things, we lose other things. It’s a like a balance. It’s life…My advice to you, my best friend,  is try to buy a house in the suburbs, it’s useful for your family, at least you will  breath  fresh air, it’s the best solution to keep a good balance between work and a healthy lifestyle. ’

 

 

Chapter 4 : New life in the Suburbs

 

Ali and his wife bought a house in the suburbs of Casablanca, the new area called Dar Bouazza. Now they have a dream place to live,  they are able to work in the big city all day on weekdays and come back home at 6:00 pm in their big house. They go down to the beach with their daughte. Walk on the soft sand, surf on the waves, watch the sunset, take  pictures. Their life has changed, they are on vacation all year !




©2015 Dakir Abderrahmane

© 2015 Abderrahmane Dakir


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent writing! I felt like I had a birds eye view of each of their lives. You tell their stories well and I love the contrast of their lives. The hustle and bustle of the city life to the peaceful and fresh air of the country side. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I agree.
"My advise to you my best friend is trying to buy a house in the suburbs, it’s useful for your family, at least you breath a fresh air, it’s the best solution to keep your balance between work and healthy life in a good way. ’"
I like your story. You have a feel of my favorite motivation writer "Og Mandino". He wrote with common sense about life. We must separate work from real life. We must work to make money. But we must know peace and pleasure also. Thank you for the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very well written piece with wonderful thought provoking ideas. Great work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

9 Years Ago

Thank you Don't just B for your wonderful comment.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dee
Dakir, I like this story. I like stories that teach us something about ourselves, and about life. Balance in life is very important, and it is an excellent theme for a story! You did a great job!

It was easy to understand how life in the city might sometimes be stressful, but it was great that your story also showed how life in the countryside might be missing some of life's treasures. I found it very useful when your story showed that Omar had missed meeting his friends at places in the city. Being alone with nature at his farm was very healing to Omar's soul, but also, we can understand from your story that being with his friends was healing to Omar's heart. Both nature, and friends are very important. This is why balance in life is important. Omar missed watching sports games at the stadium. Spending time doing something we enjoy is important. Doing things that nurture us is also important. Being on the farm nurtured Omar's mind, soul and body, and it was good to read in your story that Omar missed going to the book store, because reading books also nurtured Omar.

It is good in stories to show personal growth in both your main characters, so if Ali moves to the suburbs for balance, then it would be good to show Omar making a personal change that helps him gain in the countryside some of the things he was missing from his previous life when he lived in the city. For example, maybe Omar can drive to a nearby small town, and while he is there, maybe he meets a few new interesting friends at a small bookstore and coffee shop. Maybe Omar can volunteer some of his time, and coach a kids' soccer team in a small nearby town. Maybe Omar can visit the city for a day, and surprise his friends who are at their favorite cafe eating lunch.

I think as your story continues that you can continue the theme of balance by creating a subplot with secondary characters whose experiences, or situations teach us about the need for balance. Perhaps you can think about things that are metaphors for balance, then use those things in your story to create many layers of thoughts, and images expressing, and reflecting the meaning of balance.

Your story is teaching everyone who reads it something very valuable, great job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

9 Years Ago

It's the best comment than i ever before, it seems your thoughts like me, you living this story wor.. read more
Brandon Wesley Mckay

9 Years Ago

I couldn't agree more with Dee. This is very insightful advise.
This has potential to be a great story. Be careful of your capitalization and use of punctuation :) With a little finesse this could be wonderful, you're so wonderfully detailed in your writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

9 Years Ago

Your comment is great, i have many ideas but i need you if you could check me my writing, you are ve.. read more
Hi everyone,
I like to know what do you think about this short story, Thank you very much ...

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

597 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 7, 2015
Last Updated on March 5, 2015
Tags: life, love, city, country, friendship, trafic, environment, pollution, green, house, party

Author

Abderrahmane Dakir
Abderrahmane Dakir

casablanca, Morocco



About
I love to share my ideas with you, I love to read your imagination...writing is one way to know all of the best things in the world. My Books at Amazon : http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


"Haruumph..." "Haruumph..."

A Poem by Chris


My Hue My Hue

A Poem by Ashadan