The Truth Behind Romantic Love

The Truth Behind Romantic Love

A Story by Abderrahmane Dakir
"

I sang soft lullabies when I was child. I like seeing the blue sky on sunny days, I was completely free. My heart and my mind were taken by no one. It was a blissful time in my life. Later, I had a cr

"

I sang soft lullabies when I was child. I liked seeing the blue sky on sunny days, I was completely free. My heart and my mind were taken by no one. It was a blissful time in my life.

Later, I had a crush when I was sixteen years old, then I experienced my own love story. I fell in love with someone, then I suffered because my desire was just a hope and not yet a reality. I changed that magic equation by living my love life based on love.


I was in a science class, my teacher asked us to discuss a new experiment that we had done. At recess, a female classmate stood up beside me. She was attractive. She had the fairest complexion I had ever seen, curly blonde hair, large green eyes; pretty smile…Her face was in front of my face, we looked into each other's eyes. Then I felt a weird feeling run through my body. It was the first time her smile had aroused me. I fell in love. Suddenly, the bell rang.


Some days later, she asked me about to give more explanation of the practical lesson we had had. She knew that I loved talking in detail about that. I did it but time past much faster than normal. We had a great time with each other.

I liked being alone with her all day and seeing her pretty smile and large green eyes. My behavior changed from nerd to stud. I put on my best clothes and I shaved too.


Every time I spoke, I hoped she was watching me. I liked hearing her voice and seeing her smile which made my world brighter and wonderful.


On another great day, at break time, we enjoyed speaking together. It was the first time she had shown her feelings by telling me she liked me from the core of her heart in the midst of all this I felt the same feelings and I spoke the same words. I knew she didn't want to let go. Neither did I.


The days roll into one day, and months roll into each other. My dream was how I could have my loving person beside me for the rest of my life. However I had no money, no degree, no job….



Four years later, I went to college where she studied. She knew that I had to struggle many years to have my degree from the university. Maybe, she had fallen in love with another person. I didn't know. Maybe she was looking for wealthy person. I didn't know. Maybe she didn't like making anyone suffer for her. I didn't know. Maybe she was not ready to wait many years until my graduation. I didn't know.


"You have to focus on your studies. Don't think of me. Your priority is your future. Put me out of your mind," she said.


I had a shock, my throat got dry. I started to stammer. I got numb. Then, there was silence. A deadly silence that made me feel worse than getting yelled at. I became speechless and I was looking into her eyes in order to memorize her eyes as much as possible. She looked at the sky as if she were asking for compassion. She certainly understood that it was my last visit to her. I grasped her hand, my smile was confused. Finally, I said good bye.


Later, I focused on my studies. I ended up seeking her out in different places. Moreover, I never cared about other girls' hearts that wanted to attract me, anymore. Feeling ready for love and being ready for love were two completely different things and that became the toughest feeling on the Earth; if I couldn't hold her in my arms.


My desire became as strong as the longing. I tried to forget her but my imagination was more powerful than me. Sometimes I saw her in my dreams, apologizing. At night, in the darkness tears trickled down from my eyes….


As the poet Terence said, "The less my hope, the hotter my love."

My thoughts were greater than the space or the distance between us. My thoughts to her became like an obsession. They stayed in my mind all time. My imagination brought her beside me. No matter our distance. No matter our space. As a matter of fact, I was still mesmerized by her smile and her voice.

As Proust said "mystery is not about traveling to new places, but it's about looking with new eyes".

One day I met her friend. She told me that my beloved had married. I was so disappointed. My dream had definitely disappeared.


I asked a psychologist about romantic love, for these thoughts which persistently camped out in my mind. I sought to get them out from my brain. However, this feeling filled my brain with happiness every day. I didn't know why!


"Could you tell me how can I stamp out these feelings of romantic love from my brain?"

"You have to focus on its advantages. I have done thorough research about romantic love, and I am surprised. More than 95% have the same crush experience at some point in their lifetime. Whether they have been rejected by someone or they have dumped somebody who really loved them.

Romantic love is a mystery. It's embedded in the core of our brain. It's more active than taking cocaine. It's an obsession in permanence.

Faulkner once said, "The past is not dead, it's not even the past".

Romantic love is a perfect addiction when it's going well.

Romantic love is the most powerful sensation on Earth because we can take enormous risks to get life's greatest prizes.


Romantic love gives us the willingness to create our novelty, identity, so we have romantic writers, romantic poets, romantic singers, romantic actors….

Romantic love gives us the power to choose adventure, danger, travel, exploration, discovery instead of security and safety, so we have athletes, soldiers, tourists, scientists, active actors in actions movies….


Romantic love gives us selfishness instead of selflessness, autonomy instead of togetherness, so we have different companies, different jobs, different points of view ….

Romantic love is the most powerful feeling experienced by people on this earth. Love at first sight, which lasts just some seconds, creates a longing within us.


Romantic love teaches us to live in love with our perfect partner and avoid any separation by focusing on just the positive thoughts more than the negative. So like an equation, mathematically we are living to love each other.

The sweetest thing about romantic love is not living with your crush and living out your desires but its living without them. We seek to live our lives rooted in desire and longing but this way has no future.

Everyone at some point has a great feeling for one person rather than another. A crush on one person rather than another. A desire for one person rather than another. Thank God for these feelings that He has given us.

There is only one God that has given us the most beautiful feeling on earth in order to have one some idea about His love. His love for us starts when we are born. The relationship between mother and baby, between human beings and nature, animals, universe….

In fact romantic love is given to us as part of a test. The longing we feel for that other someone should be translated by us into the longing we need to feel to see God in heaven.

Only the best ones will achieve that goal but the desire; the feeling of desire to see our One God and no other is manifested somehow in this gift of romantic love, desire and longing given to us by God, Himself.
The greatest party of all time is this event. Foregone conclusion.

The gist of our short journey in life is just living in a real urge, in a real longing, in a real passion, in a real loving, in a real desire, awe in all to see the loving God. "





©2015 Dakir Abderrahmane

© 2015 Abderrahmane Dakir


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Mr. Abderrahmane: The story is absolutely brilliant. I truly did not wish it to end. I found myself swept away with the beautiful imagery, oddly, I was transported back in time, giggling at your words as if I was a young school girl. The audience for this story is very broad. This composition has universal appeal for all, and I hope many people will read it for it not only is it lovely and heartwarming, it is filled with much wisdom. I found myself laughing loudly when I read: from nerd to stud, visualizing, my son, my husband, actually anyone, like I was watching a movie. The descriptions are so inviting, delightful and perfected, I could not pull myself away. I sigh with happiness as I read the days roll into one day. You are so talented! Such a beautiful composition. The narrator's honesty revealing the young man's vulnerability, by the repeating phases of "I didn't know," worked very well. You made me realize, in my subconscious, the desire we all have for love, for it to be forever, to find that one person, as they say soulmate; I was hoping for her to wait, and then the departure, his sadness, but never missing a step his journey continues, and a plethora of such beautiful lines, I was so captivated, every synapse and nerve ending of my cerebral cortex, was intrigued with the brilliant wisdom within the magnificent writing. The visuals is entertaining, and the willingness to provide a glimpse into the psyche of a young man, and give such a fantastic explanation, for which I believe, and hold close to my heart is remarkable. Sorry, I was taking notes, but I write this from my heart. I wish to thank you for the opportunity to read this gorgeous piece of art. I am still smiling. Thank you so very much. Dale

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you Dale for reading. Your comment means a lot for me. I'm so glad to find someone who read wi.. read more
Confuser

8 Years Ago

Mr. Abderrahmane: It truly is my pleasure! When I see an email from you, I am so happy, excited to g.. read more



Reviews

this is very nice..what feelings..yes true love..
but full of aches and pains..you could never go to sleep if you dont see her eyes smiling for you..you will only dream of her smile..i knew it,before,always close to her,wish she would carry me with her all the time..like in her heart or purse ,ha ha
its love it the what moves everything,all the great men had this..now why it would go wrong ,mostly for its too much to stand..too big emotion for anyone to bear..
so mostly something will go wrong..its like against nature to have this love fulfilled
nature will just not stand it..or you will be the perfect man ,like a superman
life as distasteful and ugly will never allow it..so it will break this love or break you both
till you are apart..i just know ,ha ha
lovely write..

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much.
bluessadmood

8 Years Ago

you are so welcome,loved your story
I always love the intertwining of love and God. Perfect mixture if you ask me.

and "The past is not dead, it's not even the past." --good find. I'm not much of a literature fellow, though i know Faulkner, i couldn't tell you what he wrote unless i'm reminded. then i can go, "oh yeh! thats right"

Great story

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much.
Tough break, kid. Love is difficult. Thanks for your stirring rendition.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much.
How very sensational and attracting. I was very caught up in this story like it was my own! You have such a way of drawing attention with your imagery. Bravo
-Lotus

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much.
Thank you for giving us this amazing read. I felt every syllable and it took me way back to the beginnings of my like feelings. It seemed like pure, unaffected honesty, and frankly, I feel it is an easy but powerful read. Thank you again for taking me back..........to forever.....True Love conquers. all......and you said it in such heartfelt description. barbz

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I enjoyed with your comment.
This was an amazing story. I could feel everything you felt and It made me think of someone I once loved like that. I still think about her from time to time, after all it was over twenty years ago I was in love with her but she was the first person I fell in love with and that love just last in you no matter how many years go by. Thank you for the wonderful story. Always a pleasure reading your works.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I enjoyed with your comment.
I loved this read and thanks again for the invite to review it. First of all, I believe in God. And I do believe he(she) may be the God of relationships. But short story narrative doesn't prove this fact. I wish you
were at my cousins wedding last week, how we sat and ate roasted chicken, how the bride threw
over her shoulder a corsage that the unmarried women scrambled for. How my uncle danced on
his bad knee. But even my poetically-reasoning-soul can understand that love is far more than this
ostentation. Love, my friend Dakir, is honor and nothing else.

I loved your story and how you developed it. And I also understand that the grasp of narration
in a language not native to Morocco can seem daunting. But you pulled it off with
certainty and resolution. Grammar can trick you because it tricks me.
but well done.

dana

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much.
Hello Sir. Thank you for reaching out to me and asking me to read your story. I actually felt it. I loved the spirituality you've added right at the end, which is so important for everyone to understand. This is a powerful story about love and longing and you my friend have captured it's essence. Thank you :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much.
Mr. Abderrahmane: Thanks for the invite to read your work. I liked the narration of your journey through infatuation and romantic love and the enlightenment that finally dawns on you. Your feelings are exceedingly transparent all through the content! And the truth is that its worth experiencing it all even if one doesn't realize it in the end.

You could do with some editing and bring about a smooth flow, straighten some grammatical glitches and then its going to be great reading.

Regards,

Nimmi


Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading.
You developed the story well. There were a few flaws and a wrong word... past instead of passed. You need to work on your language dialogue and wording.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

775 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 10, 2015
Last Updated on June 13, 2015
Tags: Love, girl, heart, life, abderrahmane, dakir, casablanca, morocco

Author

Abderrahmane Dakir
Abderrahmane Dakir

casablanca, Morocco



About
I love to share my ideas with you, I love to read your imagination...writing is one way to know all of the best things in the world. My Books at Amazon : http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dreams Dreams

A Poem by Tate Morgan