November Third

November Third

A Story by Dakota Jean
"

A day in the life.

"
It was November 3rd when the gears started twisting and turning again. I lay in bed with the sheets pulled up to my nose, afraid to move for I might set off the ticking. I was hiding. The craziness was here and I could feel it in the wind, announcing its presence with a loud bang on the door and leaving footprints all over the clean, white carpet because it simply refuses to wipe its feet. 
You can always feel when crazy is about to settle into your mind and wreak havoc on your life. It starts with the thoughts. Racing thoughts, never able to get a grip on how or why or when or where you're going but always knowing that you're going (or maybe you don't). I'm looking a bit crazy myself with only my nose and eyes poking out from between the tunnel of sheets and I glance to my right and quickly grab my cellphone, careful not to upset the crucial balance in the atmosphere I've created. I dial the familiar number and get Connor on the phone. I've assigned him the task of saving my life today, simply by coming over and keeping me company since I am home alone and cannot move from this particular spot on my bed (partially because of the broken leg, partially because I might go crazy). He always seems to quiet the nervous tick tock of my brain.
He gets to my apartment around noon and lets himself in with the spare key I gave him. He quickly shuffles around the craziness that is now napping on my floor, calmed by his presence, and climbs into bed with me. He asks me how I'm doing.
"Fine but I'm really sad today and I think I might do something bad because I feel it in the air I think I might do something really bad today thank you for coming over," I trail off "But really I'm fine."
Connor has seen me at my best and my absolute worst. For him this is nothing new. 
"I think you just feel a little cooped up." He replies without batting an eye.
"Cooped up." I repeat, my mind trailing off elsewhere as I try to keep my head screwed on.
Connor is the only person I allow to see me in this state of mind - my "I'm about to go crazy and probably do something I'll regret" type of mind. He is the only person that sees me as sane after watching me being physically restrained for everyones safety during a mental breakdown one evening when I used to live with him. For now I will be safe I think as I look up at his face. Just fine.

© 2014 Dakota Jean


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Everyone needs a savior. You describe very well the state of mind, the personification of the madness, the crazyness is very good. The story reads fluently and is narrating as it should be. Strange you haven't had a review on this. Anyway I loved it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Dakota Jean

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 6, 2014
Last Updated on November 7, 2014
Tags: bipolar, crazy, insane, sane, depression, mania, manic

Author

Dakota Jean
Dakota Jean

Largo, FL



About
19 year old blue-haired gay being from Florida. Don't be afraid to critique! I find that as the best form of compliment. more..

Writing
Tight rope Tight rope

A Story by Dakota Jean