Dreams To Nightmares, Part Two.

Dreams To Nightmares, Part Two.

A Chapter by Dance Or Die

Lea couldn't look Stella in the eyes. Stella was so young, so innocent. Her eyes reflected that. They showed Lea that Stella still had so much to live for. Her death was not an option. Stella's terrified voice cut through Lea's thoughts. "Sis, I hear stomping!" Lea whipped her head around and glued her eyes to the door. The sound wasn't in her younger sibling's mind. The steps were real. "Stella, be as quiet as you possibly can." Lea said to her sister in the quietest voice she could use. "If they capture us, I will try to stop them and you will run as fast as you can to escape." "But sissy, what about you!" "Shush Stella. They're coming." Lea glanced back at Stella. The fear in her eyes was almost enough to make Lea burst into tears. She took a deep breath and attempted to control her emotions. It was hard, though, as the steps came nearer to their position. All of a sudden, the footsteps ceased to be heard. This scared Lea. The disappearance of the steps could mean a multitude of things. Either they were so petrified, they had begun to hear things that weren't there, or the owner of the steps was standing right outside of it's target. And this was only a couple of the scenarios playing through Lea's mind. Lea was expecting her life to flash before her eyes, like every tale she had heard about people nearing death, but the only thing her conscious mind could dwell on was her parents' strict instructions to not go around and visit any places without them with her. She had completely disregarded their concerns and dragged her little sister into the sinkhole her trouble would cause as well. Her brain kept running the earlier instructions over and over while she waited a few minutes to see if she could hear anything else outside of the door. After five minutes of complete silence, Lea knew it would be in their best interest to move and try to find an exit route. "Stella, come up here closer to me." Stella moved cautiously across the floor to reach her sister. Just one creak in the floor could give their location away. "Lea, what are we going to do?" "We need to move. If we stay in one spot for too long we will definitely not see the light of day. Now, stand up slowly and move closer to the door. Be as silent as you possibly can." Stella stood up and grabbed her sister's shirt. "Lea. Please go in front of me! I'm really scared!" "All right. Just keep a hold on my shirt so I know you are still there." Lea walked as quickly as she could to alleviate her sister's stress. She reached the door and drew in a deep breath. This was it. Either they would survive for a while longer, or this was their last moment alive. Lea brought up all the courage she could muster and pushed the door open.


© 2011 Dance Or Die


Author's Note

Dance Or Die
READ PART ONE FIRST!!! :) I'm not sure if this story would even classify as 'horror' since I'm not great at that genre, but I can't think of any other genre it would be... Please be honest and tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
Added on October 8, 2010
Last Updated on July 27, 2011
Tags: nightmare, house, sisters, scared, death


Author

Dance Or Die
Dance Or Die

About
I am a Christian. I'm a major music addict :) I do like to write, but I haven't done a lot of writing in a few years, so my material isn't that great at the moment, but I'm working on improving :) more..

Writing