Dear You,

Dear You,

A Story by dancerella10
"

Flash Fiction

"

Dear You,

            I was the cause of much of your joy. Your sadness, your fear, your laughter, your creativity. I used to fill your mind with stories of pirate’s glorious sword fights and their sailing ships. I convinced you that you were a superhero and that someday you would save the world from mass destruction by some unknown alien race. I warned you of the goblins and warlocks that lived under the giant oak tree your grandparents’ back yard. I told you those stories of the hairy purple monster hiding in your closet and those little girl-hungry sharks living in the pool. I assured you that you were a princess and that someday your knight in shining armor would come and rescue you from your tree house…

            Well, your tree house is rotting now"you stopped waiting for your prince. You say that the pirates were just a joke and that monsters don’t exist.  You don’t listen anymore. I try to tell you stories, I try to bring back the wizards and the mermaids, the fairies and the dragons"but you don’t care. You ignore my desperate pleas for acknowledgement. Everyday is another struggle for a mere minute of your time. Why don’t you want me any more? I think its because you say you’re too old, but I don’t think you can ever be too old. Please, come back so we can dream together.

Sincerely,

your Imagination 

© 2014 dancerella10


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this. People miss so much when they stop listening to their imaginations. But writers should never do that.

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
Isn't it funny how life takes away our imagination through the power of stress and worry. I like this, well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


this is a sweet idea. nicely told. I kept guessing who could write this letter. didn't get it.
I enjoyed the read.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

361 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 30, 2014
Last Updated on May 30, 2014