Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Ebb and Flow

Ebb and Flow

A Poem by Dane of the Dawn
"

A poem on anger towards humanity.

"

I've seen things that built my disdain over religion and society.

I've seen things to remind me that the world is merely a pit brimful of resentment, lust and love.

I've seen people wander in an endless circle of abuse and obsession.

I've seen people blinded by money and sex.

I've seen the people I love fall apart, desperate to put themselves back together for the people they love.

I've seen people destroy themselves by walking through memories.

I've seen how money destroyed the undying love that a husband and wife once shared.

I've seen myself show determined valor and desperate courage to crawl my way out of this hell.

I've seen things that lead us to an untimely mind, in many ways.

I've seen the happy fragments shatter completely, replaced by jealousy, loathing and self-destruction.

I've seen women masked by laughter and luxury, denying their encounter with suicide and drugs.

I've seen children record their past to remind them of the grief.

I've seen children from ignorance and sunshine smiles that grew into frowns once they knew that life is round.

I've seen teenagers try to squeeze into society, limited by the choices, to be socially correct or to die.

I've seen humanity's growing desperation to gain more hope by cultivating religion and assembling regime.

I've seen children concept love as sex and sex as love.

I've seen people accesorize themselves in cigarettes and the nose of liquor.

I've seen modern children enter another universe by a portal we call 'tools of the future'.

I've seen adults offended by earthy words, full of meaning and from the heart.

I've seen the children of the future engulf themselves in prohibited pleasures, heavily escaping from reality.

I've seen things flip and switch by time.

I've seen corruption generate young rebels.

I've seen mothers sacrifice children for bread.

I've seen fathers beat the queer out of their sons.

I've seen people react violently when a man loves a man and a woman loves a woman.

I've seen fortunate people define life as a gift, but beneath life is self-abuse and prison.

I've seen the narrow-minded against the brilliant thinkers who spoke and inked reality and taboo discussions.

I've seen the sick suffer by continuously taking medicine to keep themselves and the people dependent on them, join the round path of sadness and exhaustion.

I've seen people sacrifice their death for the life of people they love.

I've seen students restrained by institutes.

I've seen teachers or parents box children from valuing their creative expression and uniqueness.

I've seen older brothers and sisters indoctrinate young siblings into a world of precocious thinking and a delusion of freedom.

I've seen the television destroy bright young minds.

I've seen how the technological developments destroy culture.

I've seen children who chose simulation video games over education.

I've seen students too concerned about the weight and facade of their empty work they call masterpiece.

I've seen young women carry books in one hand and an infant in the other.

I've seen people consumed by the uncontrollable anger possessed by their hearts.

I've seen people cease and resurrect, loved and lost, who swim through the ebb and the flow.

© 2014 Dane of the Dawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on May 25, 2014
Last Updated on May 25, 2014
Tags: humanity, human, ebb and flow, amateur, review

Author

Dane of the Dawn
Dane of the Dawn

Baguio , Philippines



About
A college student who writes for pleasure. more..