"You Don't Welcome a  Monster"

"You Don't Welcome a Monster"

A Story by Danni Jones

A  boy staying with his grandmother in her flat. The flat was at the topmost, 6th floor of the building. He is watching TV, it's around  10 pm.He switches to a news channel and sees a news report on a strange monkey like creature who has been appearing at night and attacking people. The news reporter  further explains that eyewitnesses accounts tended to describe the creature four feet tall, covered in thick black hair with glowing red eyes. The boys feels frightened as he looks at the various sketches  drawn of the creature based on visual accounts. He is about to change the news channel when he hears the doorbell. The boy sees through the peephole and sees a short middle aged man. He wonders why a strangers would come at this time, they hadn't ordered for anything. He opens the door, the man introduces himself as a member of societies cultural union and asks for donation money. He says the donation is for the annual Halloween celebrations. The boys notices  that the man's physical attributes  start resembling the description of the creature he heard on the news. He doubts and thinks he maybe imagining them to be similar, he gets uncomfortable and hurriedly goes to his grandmother's room to ask for money. His grandmother is in toilet, he knocks on its door and shouts whether he should the give guy outside money or not. Scared of the man's presence, he takes money from her purse and gives it to him. The man gives him a wide smile and thanks him. He gives him a candy but he impolitely refuses it, the man leaves.  The boy locks the door and breathes a sigh of relief. He goes in the kitchen and takes a cup of water, just as he starts drinking the phone bell rings.

He answers, the voice on the other side says that they are sorry to inform him that his grandmother's body was found on the street severely mutilated with scratch marks all over her body. The voice urges him to stay in the house and not allow anyone to enter till the police arrive. The boys drops the phone and looks towards his grandmother's room. Noise of the toilet door closing is heard and ominous screeching sound rings loud.

© 2015 Danni Jones


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on June 2, 2015
Last Updated on June 2, 2015

Author

Danni Jones
Danni Jones

About
A guy assuming he can cook good stories with cooking skills of Walter White. more..

Writing