Lagomorthian by D.L. Lewis

Lagomorthian by D.L. Lewis

A Story by d.l.lewis

Exhaling violently―crushing�"aspirating enormous doses of carbon dioxide; the rabbit glanced up at the ceiling of the World and noticed there was a rabbit descending from it.  It was not crowned with a traditional rabbit head, but rather appeared octopus-like when it was plummeting through a barren and half-lost landscape where no existence has ever existed. It disintegrated into the bizarre tangles of dew that all the variations of winds produced.  It appeared as an area of dreary, foreboding wasteland of universe-sweeping mausoleums of extinct demigod Lagomorthian titans, for whom the serpents have renounced their eternal peace sleep by throwing their carcasses downward from the higher heavens they previously reigned into the dew wilderness of our earth.

Who were the Lagomorthian? According to the rabbit who witnessed this, this is how he described them: Encrusted, drenched, spiny back amphibians were their physiques. Luminous white hair, along with inwardly arching horns could be seen adorning their forehead. Frost-covered dead moss, vines, leathery-skin appeared as their waving fur; with the delicate aroma of the fragrant spring flowers rose in scent across their whole deathless form. They could appear similar to vultures and rattlesnakes, as they possessed flight characteristics of Locust feathers that resembled eagle-shaped wings.  Their headforms were like the head of an octopus, but it was approximately like the head-size of a medium-sized rabbit. Seventeen eyes were visible along their face, spider-like they seemed; as they were neon yellow. Gouged out mouth, a massive oval hole it was, akin to the obliterating black hole in Deep space. I hadn't encountered such a terrifying sight before, as I initially believed at first it was the coming of the messiah―but it was not. At first, I unheeded from the thoughts of the universe foretelling the prophecies, convinced it merely was a tale of fantasy throughout my life, while finally understanding the horrifying truth is unfolding before my eyes; I have been deceived by my own deception that I was taught to never submit to these fictitious Gods in Church, as they always said,’ Thou shall not bow to false idols,’ which they were concealing the existence of these creatures called Lagomorthian Race. The moment I witnessed one of them fall from the sky, I knew right away that all spirituality in the world is untrue, as the Lagomorthian is the true stepping point to eternal enlightenment. I realize, heaviness has become the sinful-affliction in my spiritual state; all events that the ancient prophecies of The Lagomorthian are manifesting into becoming.

Each mountain peak encompassing my consciousness was snow-clad and desolate, deep in the abyss amidst the stars of the universe absorbing what it no longer can embrace. Unmerciful downpours have plagued these trying times. I have looked through from the casement of incredulity into the twilight of believing, conscious that the ghoul-guarded truth does abide. Nothing useful could be found from Religious teachings, which was a terrible mistake unheeded. My mind and eyes are numbed by the corroborating evidence of the Lagomorthian's existence. My heart is wicked, even though my intentions are sincere and kind. Infuriating was the dungeon I once traversed, now I’m freed by the blessings of the Lagomorthian bliss. Grief is to Heaven for supplying me the erroneous guidance to worship a fake savior, as the Lagomorthian is genuine and existent. I write this piece to you dear reader, not to frighten you or make you feel uncomfortable, I just wanted to tell you with a stern proclamation that this existence is falling into a crisis of annihilation, which is why the Rabbit deities are very enraged at us. They promised to give us a peaceful world four our own planet, but existence has continued to fail to fulfill their promise to take their place in the path of war and genocide. This is why they are falling from their eternal sleep, they are bound to be resurrected and returned from their resting places and annihilate the promises that mankind has abandoned. Seven hundred thousand rabbit Titans are descending from the sky, for their vengeance will be wrathful. I can hear them marching and chanting their war cry, for I will not cheer it, for mankind has entered its critical juncture.' - Sincerely Christopher Cottontail. 

© 2022 d.l.lewis


Author's Note

d.l.lewis
Let me know after reading this poem what you think of it, maybe a paragraph or two.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'll tell you the truth. I'm guessing you're new here so I'll be nice. You've marked this as a poem when it's a story. Then in your autheor's note you want a paragraph or two of opinions.

Here's an opinion.
Change it to a story.
"They promised to give us a peaceful world ( four ) our own planet?
I'm not sure what that means?

You want people to tell you what they think in two paragraphs? You sound needy.

I think the story is interesting and well written.

Keep writing.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It has a sinister and ominous atmosphere. You said in your profile that you want to emulate H.P. Lovecraft, I'd say you are doing very well then. I don't quite like the reference to a rabbit and a rabbit descending from above. It does not fit the story in my mind because I associate rabbits with innocence and childish games. The apocalyptic ending is very well driven though, specially in these turbulent times. At this point the Lagomorthians wouldn't be that big a surprise.

Posted 1 Year Ago


I'll tell you the truth. I'm guessing you're new here so I'll be nice. You've marked this as a poem when it's a story. Then in your autheor's note you want a paragraph or two of opinions.

Here's an opinion.
Change it to a story.
"They promised to give us a peaceful world ( four ) our own planet?
I'm not sure what that means?

You want people to tell you what they think in two paragraphs? You sound needy.

I think the story is interesting and well written.

Keep writing.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 15, 2022
Last Updated on March 15, 2022
Tags: Fantasy, Horror, Suspenseful, Rabbits, Hares, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Philosopher

Author

d.l.lewis
d.l.lewis

Melcher-dallas, IA



About
My name is Daniel Linn Lewis, my pin name is D.L. Lewis, I'm from a small town called Melcher-Dallas, and I have a spiritual gift for writing my own American Literature. I'm a coming of age 21st-centu.. more..

Writing