The Fleshly Photographs Of Deathly Illusions by D.L. Lewis

The Fleshly Photographs Of Deathly Illusions by D.L. Lewis

A Poem by d.l.lewis

A pile of rotting leaves, distorted family photographs drenched in water.
All the remembrances of his existence are torn apart, as the water has stripped away his recollections of his idyllic previous life. The hare was looking at his blood-covered hands, disturbingly trembling as he was frightened. He can perceive the deep reverberating echo of a clock winding back and forth, as he hears the voices of children laughing in his blinded thoughts, as the wraith rabbits frolicked around in a circular pattern with cords on their wrist and ankles, with each of their necks severed completely apart, as they were playing instruments of their windpipes and lungs that were molded into violins, trumpets, and flutes.

His snowshoe footpads were anchored on nothing, only dangling in the whirlpool of ocean depths that was the shape of a staircase descending down into a coffin-shaped chamber at depth. A deepening cackle of a whale-like creature echoed in the waters of decaying photographs while the rabbit was submerged in his subconscious... A long-lasting sound it was.

From the roots to the wreckage, the hare traces the foundations of dereliction of such fleshly photographs of deathly illusions by sinking himself in the sea of lifeless portraits of his own once-lived life. He must find a way through by going forward - by relying on divine providence - will he find a way through at the bottom of the coffin-shaped chamber?

© 2022 d.l.lewis


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on March 15, 2022
Last Updated on March 15, 2022
Tags: Fantasy, Horror, Suspenseful, Rabbits, Hares, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Philosopher

Author

d.l.lewis
d.l.lewis

Melcher-dallas, IA



About
My name is Daniel Linn Lewis, my pin name is D.L. Lewis, I'm from a small town called Melcher-Dallas, and I have a spiritual gift for writing my own American Literature. I'm a coming of age 21st-centu.. more..

Writing