Me, My Love Life and My Psychologist

Me, My Love Life and My Psychologist

A Story by Danielle Nicole
"

A short comic view of love and the psychology behind it. (FICTION!)

"

"Ever noticed how there are people who are OBSESSED with love? And I'm not talking about that, "I love you mommy" type of love. No. I mean that hard-hitting, gut wrenching, "Marry me" kind of love. I know that I'm only a freshman in high school but that kind of love is all over the place at school! And that's the kind of love that you have to look out for because it is usually followed by the "heartbroken sorrow" and "sleepless nights"...

 

"People just don't realize that when they tell someone "I love you" they are basically ending their own life RIGHT THEN. I mean, basically, at any age, you say, "I love you" and you're screwed. You're stuck. There's no going back. No returns or exchanges. And don't even THINK about cheating because if you some how mess things up, not only will you never be able to live it down, but you'll also have to deal with the guilt, the bad reputation and the name calling. And I'm not even going to go into the fact that if you dated someone who says "I cant live without you" and you dump them, they will most likely jam up you're inbox with crazy messages and stalk you until you graduate.


"What I REALLY love are those people who flip out when you even say "hi" to someone who is the opposite sex...... like you're gonna up and leave the poor sucker for an equally pathetic sucker. If I say "Hi" it means 'Hi'… NOTHING MORE! Furthermore, those people who are uptight and get set off by anything- well I just wanna scream "CALM THE HELL DOWN!" and shake them! Don't get you're knickers in a knot because someone called your significant other "baby" via text....for all you know it could be their mother texting them. And the last thing we need to do is drag the parents in to "young love". ESPECIALLY if the parents can't stand you...


"People really MUST watch what they say. Because you could be talking about the friendship type of love and the person hearing may not take it the right way. Love is a messy business. You could wind up with the perfect person and be happy for the rest of your life. OR you could date the biggest whack job in town and not realize it until they are holding a butcher knife to your neck and saying, "TELL ME YOU LOVE ME!” Like, would it be unethical for me to do a background check on someone before agreeing to go on a first date? Because, it is a crazy world we live in, you know what I mean? After all, you ARE a shrink..."


Grace looked up at the doctor sitting in her cushy, overly stuffed leather revolving chair as she tried to regain her breath. After years of being forced to go to a shrink to "talk about her day", she FINALLY had something she wanted advice on and WANTED to hear feedback about. But all she was getting was the sound of the doctor scribbling notes furiously on her pad. Grace waited. And waited. And when she waited some more. She considered walking out, but just as she thought about it the doctor put her pen down and crossed her hands and used them to rest her chin. Grace sat forward, eager to hear the response.


"So... afraid of commitment, are we? Let's analyze that..." Grace collapsed back into her own over-stuffed chair and heaved a large sigh as she blocked out The Shrink and went back into her own mind...


This is the LAST time I ever try and communicate with The Shrink! What the heck was I thinking?... I'll just go on "ASK.com" or "Yahoo Answers". Why didn't I think of that earlier?! I could have done it in school for goodness sakes... I'll just count down the minutes till the end of the session... oh, crap! I COULD HAVE GOOGLED ALL OF THIS!


"Am I making sense, so far?" Grace stared at the Shrink.


"Doc. I'm not gonna lie... This is going to be the longest half hour of my life..."

© 2015 Danielle Nicole


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on August 22, 2012
Last Updated on January 10, 2015
Tags: humor, psychology, love, funny, crazy, weird, fiction, short story, comedy, therapy

Author

Danielle Nicole
Danielle Nicole

NY



About
"I write from experience. I write from the heart. I write when inspired by... well... I find that inspiration is everywhere. Its not about looking in the right places for it- its about being open to i.. more..

Writing