Higgs Field

Higgs Field

A Poem by DoormanDan
"

A short homage to all of those who have overcome their own struggles and are now helping others overcome theirs.

"
Higgs Field

Once, we flirted with Antigravity,
And were seduced by her sagacity,
Now here we are, two Voyagers venturing into the void,
Sending ripples through Relativity
With the solar-winds of Audacity,
So we can terraform every world we find to be devoid

Of Sagan streams imbued with dulcet dreams,
And crepuscular skies where star-storms beam
Onto every shadowy soul that screams
To know what it feels like to truly gleam.

Once, we were consumed by our own entropy,
And were strangled by negative enthalpy,
Until we heard the multiverse murmur to the human race,
Now here we are, our hearts wiser than White Dwarves,
Entangled by Destiny's magnetic force,
Transcending tesseracts and irradiating hyperspace

With the warmest wavelengths we can create.

© 2018 DoormanDan


Author's Note

DoormanDan
Well, I've had many of the lines in this short poem in my head for quite some time, but I just couldn't make anything anywhere near as grandiose as I wanted to with them. So, today, while thinking about them, I decided to simplify things for a change and just write as much substance as I could think of. Overall, I'm kinda alright with the result. Perhaps this is a bit too short (I can't 100% decide), but that's alright. I just really wanted to get these ideas out of my head, so I can focus on other ideas for a bit. I might come back to this someday, when I'm struck by newfound inspiration for it, but for now, it's just going to remain like this. Anyway, tell me what you think of this little "demo"! Is it too short? I'll see you all next time around! :)

Update. As of now, this piece has been completed. I may still rewrite it someday, but for now, it has a finish that I'm satisfied with. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well, I'm actually somewhat flabbergasted. Beautiful word choice, I must say. Seems like sci-fi romanticism, if that makes sense, lol. The words and rhymes seem to be a perfect fit IMO. This almost reads as a love letter to the universe.

Either way, this is just an astounding thing to read. I imagined the endless places beyond space and time when I read this.

Truly amazing work, Dan!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DoormanDan

6 Years Ago

Well, that I'm extremely happy to hear, as that is actually my favorite movie! XD
Lovecraft

6 Years Ago

That scene where he watches the tapes though.
Heartbreaking.
DoormanDan

6 Years Ago

Such a brilliant scene. Heart wrenches every time.



Reviews

I absolutely despise the choice of font color, it takes away from the overall meaning of the poem which resonates well and was well-written.

Posted 6 Years Ago


DoormanDan

6 Years Ago

Well, I sincerely appreciate your honesty in your review! I just don't like using the boring old de.. read more
I really enjoyed this poem! Very creative. I love the whole space theme. I love poems like this one, that take one topic and make absolute art out of it.

Very well done :-) You should be satisfied with it. It was amazing.

Yari

Posted 6 Years Ago


DoormanDan

6 Years Ago

Thank you! I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts on my writing! :)
Well written, great world choice, love the way you make readers feel the emotions. Not too short.. I enjoyed this .

Posted 6 Years Ago


DoormanDan

6 Years Ago

I"m happy to hear you enjoyed reading this, and am grateful for your input. Thank you so much for r.. read more
Ajla

6 Years Ago

No problem !
Nice journey in your words. I liked how you used the language. You made the reader feel the emotions leading to hopeful ending. Thank you my friend for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


DoormanDan

6 Years Ago

And thank you for your praise of my writing. :)
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and I enjoyed this one.
Well, I'm actually somewhat flabbergasted. Beautiful word choice, I must say. Seems like sci-fi romanticism, if that makes sense, lol. The words and rhymes seem to be a perfect fit IMO. This almost reads as a love letter to the universe.

Either way, this is just an astounding thing to read. I imagined the endless places beyond space and time when I read this.

Truly amazing work, Dan!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DoormanDan

6 Years Ago

Well, that I'm extremely happy to hear, as that is actually my favorite movie! XD
Lovecraft

6 Years Ago

That scene where he watches the tapes though.
Heartbreaking.
DoormanDan

6 Years Ago

Such a brilliant scene. Heart wrenches every time.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

512 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 16, 2018
Last Updated on May 3, 2018

Author

DoormanDan
DoormanDan

College Burnout, DE



About
I'm a twenty one year old young man who enjoys writing poetry, songs, stories, paintball and other things. My favorite things to do are parkour, video games, listening to music, and making people hap.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..