Fleetwood Mac Tacoma Washington Concert Review

Fleetwood Mac Tacoma Washington Concert Review

A Story by DanielScanlon
"

I attended the concert by default, as I work security for TD. I get to see many shows for free...AND I get paid!! THIS was one of the best!!

"

November 21 2014 12:22 pm

The Mac Was Back at Tacoma Dome Fleetwood Mac is Whole Again and Still Wows a Crowd

CONCERT REVIEW ~ by Daniel Scanlon

Fleetwood Mac is a band whose metamorphosis over the years has included and even started with Peter Greene’s bluesy roots of rock and roll. But the unmistakable sound of the multi-platinum band is what many of us grew up on and certainly drew a nearly sold out crowd Thursday night at the Tacoma Dome. The tour called “On With the Show” was very apropos, indeed!

Suffice it to say; that Christine McVie’s vocal return to the band was that which was missing all those years since the return of the band in 1993. Her amazing vocal harmonies, coupled with Buckingham and Nicks, is really quite extraordinary. She was welcomed the world over this night, as the band launched into their opening song “The Chain” which was written to their unity as a band.

 However, there was something amiss, which perhaps caused the opener to fall a bit flat. They would soon find themselves vocally, work out any bugs and simply dominate the rest of the evening, with only a few snags…after all, it is only rock and roll, but I like it!

The band’s setlist was an aural version of a kid in a candy store with a plethora of hits one after another.

The evening showcased Christine McVie’s “You Make Loving Fun,” Everywhere,” and “Say That You Love Me” with stellar vocal performances and Lindsey Buckingham’s virtuoso guitar licks, the band played on. The crowd was enjoying every minute of it and met each song with thunderous applause.

As the night wore on, there was a lot on Stevie’s mind and she wanted her fans to know. When the band had wrapped the song “Seven Wonders,” Nicks gave a shout out to the anthology TV series “American Horror Story” relating how this series “gave new birth to that song.” She also recounted her days as a young want-to-be rock star that made her dreams come true, and assured her young fans that it can happen to them as well, while the band launched in to their song “Gypsy.”

When lead guitarist, Lindsey Buckingham drove his acoustical renditions of “Big Love” and “I’m So Afraid” to the audience; I couldn’t help but compare the latter song to the rendition that is found on “The Dance” (1997) and tried to enjoy it as much, and maybe I tried too hard. It just came off as unpolished, but again, no one knows what conditions on stage might lead to. He is still one of the greatest of all time.

It was the rhythm of John McVie’s signature bass line and Mick Fleetwood’s drum prowess and showmanship amidst a back drop of vibrant visual displays that kept the audience mesmerized. It was done with a flare and taste that only accentuated the performances being given all night.

All in all, the band known as Fleetwood Mac played more than 2 ½ hours, thrilling this crowd, and undoubtedly, winning new fans alike. I’d certainly meet them again in Portland Oregon at Moda Center on November 22. That is what “Dreams” are made of.

© 2014 DanielScanlon


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Saw Stevie many years ago and she was great. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were a journalist for a music magazine with your well chosen words, phrases and short critiques. Very nice job.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 22, 2014
Last Updated on November 22, 2014
Tags: concert, review, rock, tacoma, dome, music

Author

DanielScanlon
DanielScanlon

Lakewood , WA



About
After having been raised in the Pacific Northwest, ideally on an island, unlike any other, our family was sadly transferred to Texas in 1980, as part of the grand scheme of things. I lived in the Lon.. more..

Writing
Trevor Trevor

A Poem by DanielScanlon