Clinging To Hope

Clinging To Hope

A Poem by DansStories
"

Hope is sometimes not enough to get you through.

"

She swam swift and fierce against the intense current of the river

And charged into the battlefield of a relentless waterfall.

The overwhelming waterfall tossed her down countless times but she never gave up hope.

She fought desperately for the life she had to protect in her womb.

The once clear sky had already been blanketed with darkness

and heavy rain shot down to the earth and thunderclouds consumed the air.

Deafening barrages of lightning rolled across the night sky.

Even stars had concealed themselves from the frightening clashes.

The gods were unforgiving to the pitiful mother.

The pouring rain fed the beast and it became more massive than ever before.

Massive pressure from the falling water crashed onto her skull and threw her about frenziedly.

Overcoming this monstrous being was now unimaginable.

The poor fish felt as if Olympus was mounted upon her back.

She quickly became fatigued and reccessed to the tail of the river.

Where she was captured along with other failures, bound to an inescapable confinement.

She was sent to Fletchers Fish Mart where she was put in display.

A customer considers buying the salmon.

But she does not know of the story of the great battle.

The battle of a priceless fish who happened to stumble upon a certain river on a certain day.

The battle of a desperate mother who clutched onto hope to protect her children.

 

 

 

© 2009 DansStories


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow.... great poem.
about a mother
and protecting her children
that's what I call
tough love right
there!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Nice job, Dan. I was kinda surprised to find out that this mother was a fish. Looking at it, I guess I never really realized how hard those poor creatures have it. I don't know, you somehow capture the essence of the paternal struggle of all beings in writing particularly about the hardships of one of the most defensless creatures on Earth: the fish. Yet, at the same time, you show how somthing as weak as the fish would struggle so hard to protect its children. Sadly, though, the poor thing dies and that's the end of it...or is it?

Again, great job


`K9

Posted 15 Years Ago


wow this is...B-E-A-UTIFUL!!....omg at first i was thinking of a human mother suffers from stuff like hardships...but still this is,...wow good job keep up te work -^^-

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 9, 2009
Last Updated on February 11, 2009

Author

DansStories
DansStories

Philadelphia, PA



About
I'm 15 I want to put some stories on here so people can help me be a better writer. Writing is fun!!!!! :D! Writing is where a person can truly be free without limitations, they say the sky is t.. more..

Writing
I would I would

A Poem by DansStories