Calm Before the Storm

Calm Before the Storm

A Story by Dante Carlisle

The calm before the storm. It's a saying we've all heard, but very few of us give it any thought. How many of us have truly sat and luxuriated in the calm before the storm? How many actually recognize it?


It's a moment unlike any other. Soon, the wind will tear apart the world. The rain will drown it. The thunder will render us deaf. But, for that one moment, we are given peace.


Do you take the time to really enjoy the calm before the storm, or do you let it pass you by? All you remember of these storms are the chaos and madness that tear everything apart. Nature gave you a moment of peace, though. It gave you a chance to recall what it was all about, and you wasted it.


For a brief second, the world stands still. It holds its breath, and lets you luxuriate in the peace of a moment. I've learned to live in these moments. Accept that the storm is coming, but take the time to soak in those few seconds of peace that may not come again. Take the time to smell the air before the rain falls, and to listen to the sounds of mother earth before she chastises you for not paying attention.


You can't complain about the storm so much, when you realize you never truly appreciated the beauty that came before.

© 2016 Dante Carlisle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the positive perspective of this piece. A nugget of good fortune holds great power, if properly absorbed. Therein we gather exactly what is needed to weather the storm, while others are washed away by their own distressful thinking. I believe, we draw to us what we expect.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Dante Carlisle

6 Years Ago

I definitely agree. We see that which we expect to see, and we experience things only through the le.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 23, 2016
Last Updated on December 23, 2016

Author

Dante Carlisle
Dante Carlisle

Chesterfield, MO



About
I published my third novel last Christmas. Working on the fourth, but fair warning none of them are connected. So if you're looking for a stand alone novel to read, check out Regret Nothing, Hiding Bl.. more..

Writing
Finally Finally

A Story by Dante Carlisle