Where Is My Fear?

Where Is My Fear?

A Story by Nymphadora
"

inspired by thunders and lighnings.

"

There is a frog in front of me babbling the language that only he knows. I understood him anyway. How did I understand him? I merely looked deeply into his eyes and watched the tears flow from it.

“Why are you crying?” I asked.

“I never did this before, just now – only now. It’s the first and only time when someone looked at me straight to the eyes,” he said.

“But there are insects, tadpoles, and your fellow frogs around you. Have they not looked at you that way?”

“You’re different. How did a creature far greater than me watch me in such a likeable way?” He asked.

“I have a question for you Mr. Frog.”

But the frog already turned his back and hopped from lily to lily in a pond.

In deep reflection, I thought of how that simple act of benevolence stroked the heart of the frog. I never felt that happiness before. The little creature seemed to be too honest to let his deep-seated reflections out. But how will I ever find the answer to my question?

I walked far from the bastion and step on a little snail.

“Ouch! Princess you’re stepping on my tiny feet,” it screamed angrily.

“My, I’m sorry dear I wasn’t able to see you on foot this cold weather. How are you today?” I asked.

“Well, I’m a bit hurt with what you did. You’re weight seemed too much for my little feet. And now, how will I ever continue walking with such a pain you caused?” Ask the snail in great bewilderment.

“Mr. Snail, just continue walking and have a rest for a while.”

“Too bad. But it’s okay Princess, you must be careful next time.”

“Mr. Snail, how will I find something that I fear?”

But the snail already paved his way home. I continued walking. How many more creatures will I meet along the way to find what I’m looking and uncover the answer to my question?

“Princess, over here!” cried the voice.

“Who are you?”

“OVER HERE!”

I looked up and saw a snake entwined to a twig.

“Where are you going Princess?”

“I must find something. I must find my fear. I must know what makes me afraid.”

“Oh, that’s a bit tough,” said the snake. “Why don’t you travel along the deserts, fields, and continents?”

“Nice idea. I will.”

Suddenly the queen came rushing.

“Princess! Princess! Your baby daughter,” the queen shouted nervously.

“What happened, your majesty?” I asked anxiously while we came rushing to the palace.

For the first time I felt the vague sense of fear. I saw my daughter crying. She was fallen from a crib. Along with I found the answer to the question I kept asking myself. I need not search over the mountains, deserts, and continents.

My fear is just within me. I fear because I love. I grew afraid because of love

© 2009 Nymphadora


Author's Note

Nymphadora
it's fun...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

nicely narrated, such a profound message through such a simple narration, good work.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Amusing and touching little fable.

We fear because what we love will be taken away, including our own mortal existences.

Religions manipulate that fear with a promised redemption for the faithful, some light-feathery afterlife with one's presumptive master evermore. To some extent, maybe.

An orientation more likely to be truly spiritual says there has always been something illusory about our manifestation, that we fear as in a dream. This orientation recommends exploring an inner stillness, a spaciousness at the heart of the moment. As in the clues offered by the strangeness of quantum physics, the aggregate psychic matter we are so concerned about the destiny of is observably illusory, yet energy and light are real, and merely go through perpetual changes. A depth Awakening arises because there is no such one to be redeemed.

One guru said: "Fear is when love stops short of Infinity."

There is much to understand, or a whole-hearted radical simplicity. Paradoxically, the less we assume beforehand, the more we can be mysteriously informed by Life, and thus blessed.

Thanks for the charming fable!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2009

Author

Nymphadora
Nymphadora

iloilo, Philippines



About
A mere mortal living in the vast earthly space, nymphadora. Lays in me is a strong spirit, willed and never tormented. I write to achieve my ideals. If i cant reach my aspirations by grasping what rea.. more..

Writing
Her Hands Her Hands

A Poem by Nymphadora