Memories

Memories

A Chapter by TurtleClark

I still remember the way it felt on that last day. Ray and I just sitting by the lake. She looked beautiful in the vibrant reds and oranges of the setting sun. she clung to me, I knew it was nearing the end. She was weaker than before. She still smiles though just as brightly as she did when we first met.

Thats the thing about memories they seal in an image. A never changing snapshot of a moment that we are destined to either cherish or fear.

That day on the dock I remember how she turned to me.

"Maxon, thank you." she whispered a shy smile rested on her face.

"What for?" I questioned.

"For this, for not treating me like everyone else does. I don't think I could take one more person treating me like a china doll." Sometimes I forgot just how fragile and sick she was. I just wanted to see her smile even for a second. Tears began trickling down her cheeks and all I could do was hold her and attempt to protect her.

Now I sit here hidden from everyone clutching the last gift that she gave me hoping it would bring me some sense of solace. My tears were running down my grubby face. Making salty rivers among the dirt on my cheeks.

"Maxie whats wrong? Pop says soon enough we can return home.  We won't be here forever."

"Just cause we go back and act like nothing happened doesn't mean we will make things better." I swallowed turning to my sister Phoenix. She just stared at me not understanding a word I said. I don't want this for her. For her to feel all this pain that comes from being a Ryker. "Come here Phoe." She walked over slowly. "Pops right we'll go home and you'll be safe in your bed. And you know why? Because I'll protect from everything." I promised hugging her tight and hoping I wouldn't regret making it.



© 2014 TurtleClark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on July 29, 2014
Last Updated on August 30, 2014


Author

TurtleClark
TurtleClark

Harrisburg, PA



About
Who are we truly? We walk through this expanse of life that we are given blind to what is truly surrounding us. There are few who see it all, who look beyond what is solely in front of them and they a.. more..

Writing
Eat Eat

A Poem by TurtleClark


Fear Fear

A Poem by TurtleClark


Tatoo Tatoo

A Story by TurtleClark