A sleepless mind

A sleepless mind

A Story by May

I didn't meant to fall in love and I've been around long enough to know your game. I loved escaping from reality with you and making us the only reality that mattered. I believed every word you said, every pointless bit of nonsense you promised. And I hated to think that what we had wasn't real. And I know I was happy but now my heart is broken. It was such a disappointment, realizing you turned out to be just like what everyone said and I was the fool who thought you were actually different. Is horrible knowing I choose to trust you to the extreme and to believe every word you said, every lie you gave and fall, fall in your stupid game. And now while I let go of what I thought was real, I see the truth behind your actions, the truth your words never spoke. Knowing you gave up on me, on us, never even tried to fix it, never fighting for us. And now I wonder did my presence even matter to you at all? Will I ever be free of you? I can't stand the big fake smiles and fake caring. I can't stand knowing I choose you above all and yet you choose to to give up and leave. It kills me that you knew exactly what you were doing. That's what hurts me the most. You never cared at all about losing me. Knowing I lost sight of what I deserved is horrible. And now Im done asking  myself why you decided to hurt me this way. Leaving me dealing with the hurricane of bitter-sweet memories you left behind. Remembering how I loved you even though you gave me a thousand reasons not to. And I hate grieving the lost of someone who is still alive. Time seems to take it's sweet time erasing you. I've now learn to accept the apology I never got, feeling sorry for the next girl who's heart your about to break. Knowing that if I were to disappear the stars would still shine, the sun would still come out, the Earth would still rotate, the seasons would still change and the same thing if you leave. My world won't fall apart. The beginning of my meaning is my own to discover. And I'll let people criticize who they think you are. Because I don't need you to deal with my demons. I can defeat them on my own. Not wondering if my heart still works, knowing very well something better is coming my way to remind me it does.        

© 2018 May


Author's Note

May
ignore grammar problems, hope you like it. Written Monday,October 16 2017.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was amazing, you pulled in me in your work, I enjoyed it and I liked its ending of never giving in

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

May

6 Years Ago

Thank you, It means a lot.
A.Tarek

6 Years Ago

Its my pleasure, I like reading stories or books.. just poems not my type but still I like learning .. read more
May

6 Years Ago

thank you, maybe I will. You can also feel free to send me read request. I enjoy reading anything ho.. read more
a broken heart is a terrible thing,especially when you thought it was real

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

May

6 Years Ago

Thank you for your review, I really appreciate it.
 wordman

6 Years Ago

you`re welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 8, 2018
Last Updated on April 8, 2018

Author

May
May

San Juan/ PR



About
Im a hopeless dreamer following a new passion. Im just looking for something to relate too. 18 years young. more..

Writing
Stay by my side Stay by my side

A Poem by May


Her Her

A Poem by May


Our war Our war

A Poem by May



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I am She I am She

A Poem by θεά&nb..


The Escapist The Escapist

A Story by GwenLark


Zombie Zombie

A Poem by Raghib


Chapter 11 THE END Chapter 11 THE END

A Chapter by thalia