To Go Back

To Go Back

A Poem by ~ Stefanie ~
"

Someone from my past that I wish would have never left

"

If I could, I would go back to when it was just you and me.

Nothing else but the two of us, living and loving life.

 

I wish there was a way to do that… go back in time.

Fix all the wrong and make it right again.

I wish you would have seen back then what you see now.

We could have been something great, but it is too late.

I’m not sure what to do, or what to think.

I just wish I could undo everything that was done

In the end, I don’t understand why it had to happen

I don’t understand why it had to end the way it did.

There was no real reason for it, just a big mistake.

I wish we could fix things now, but we can’t.

It pains me to even think about that night when it all went so wrong.

I know you’ll never ever read this or ever hear these words from me

But it needs said.

 

I would give anything to go back to that day

Where you held me for the first time

You wiped away my tears

You gave me a reason to smile and laugh

And you took away all my fears

You kissed me gently on the lips and promised me…

You would never leave me, no never

But now it’s all gone and part of you will be with me forever

I just wish it was all of you with me, not just part.

 

Cause if I could, I would go back to when it was just you and me

Nothing else but the two of us, living and loving life.

© 2011 ~ Stefanie ~


Author's Note

~ Stefanie ~
This was a very emotional write for me. A touchy part of my life from the past that still haunts me to this day. Feel free to review it :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Me
Great write.Enjoyed reading it very much

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Noa
Hello! I saw your RR, so here I am!

First of, I would classify this as a short story rather than a poem.

Very emotional indeed, and you make it easy for the reader to relate to the speaker's feelings. You write of something I think a lot of people have felt at some point in their life, and that creates this familiarity which makes me (as the reader) sympathize with the speaker in this poem (the speaker being you, as you have shown with your comment). Great job on that!

There's a few typos that disrupt the reading; "But it needs said", should be either 'but it needs to be said' or 'but it needs saying'. Then there's "not just part" near the end of the piece, which is technically not wrong on its own, but in the sentence you've placed it in, it is, and it really needs the 'a' in there to make 'not just a part'.

I have been in the situation that you describe, and I have been haunted by that feeling for a long time as well. All I know is that it helps you to value the good things that happen to you, and that at some point, you will find someone who makes you feel just as happy, and who will not leave :) Ah, sorry if I'm getting too personal there.

Thank you for sharing your work!
-Noa

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JRB
Love can be fleeting and mistaken in moments of living memories, remember good judgment comes from experience and part of that is bad…..I fear not the future, it’s the past I fear, becoming the present..


Posted 12 Years Ago


Awww! :-( I know how this feels in a sorta way of family ... Amazing piece ..

Posted 12 Years Ago


powerful write..excellent!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aw...That's really sad...Memories can be sometimes hurtful when they're already gone...Especially when it is filled with the person you love...
This is very heartfelt...Though it sounds really poignant to me, I still think that behind this poem is a very beautiful smile that one can show when things turn fine.
:)))

Posted 12 Years Ago


i loved it. most girls can relate amazingly to this. it flowed well and was in all a great write. emotional to read and pulled at my heart.

Posted 12 Years Ago


How many times we think we can mend the past. And thinking if we did different, today would be different. But it is not this way, I think. Everything that happened in our lives, were meant to be. These things taught us something...even when it is not a good memory. You did not understand why it had to end the way it did...but I believe what is meant to be, will be.
Very sweet and truly feelings you showed in this poem.
*Mary*

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like the prose of this piece
It's not forced; its easy and it flows
I also like the way you began this poem; and the way the beginning tied back to the end


Posted 12 Years Ago


beautiful, yet very sad:( a lovely poem taht made tears in my eyes. a strong poem that reflexs everything that is a mistake and that we wish we could change, but cant. a great read:)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

887 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 10, 2011
Last Updated on December 10, 2011

Author

~ Stefanie ~
~ Stefanie ~

Dreamland, DE



About
Hi, my name is stefanie :) I enjoy writing even though at times I feel like I am not very good at it. But I put my heart into everything I do so I think that makes up for it :) I really enjoy sport.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Have To Go I Have To Go

A Poem by Pratik


Lonely Soul Lonely Soul

A Poem by Kalpit