Book One Chapter Four: The Lockdown

Book One Chapter Four: The Lockdown

A Chapter by Ryan Henderson
"

The police arrive at Nick's school wanting to speak with him about the clue he found in his house in the last chapter. Shortly after, a vampire attacks Nick and the police officers!

"


Chapter Four: The Lockdown: I then heard a shallow booming sound. Someone was banging on the glass window of the door at the end of the hall. It looked like a student who goes here, he hasn't been here in a few days. The male officer went and opened the door up for him. The student walked in, eyeing the police officers strangely. The door shut behind him with a click. The police officer started to walk back to me. Once there was around ten feet between himself and the police officer, the student ran at him. What was he doing!? Shock spread throughout my body. The student tackled the officer and pinned the police officer to the ground.


"Officer!" I yelled.


I acted before I thought. His partner, the female, was inside, talking to Mr. Grant’s class, I heard her come out when I yelled. I ran over and tackled the kid off of the police officer.


 


"What are you doing?" I yelled at the kid.


I looked into his eyes, expecting to find enlarged pupils due to drugs, and I noticed a few things that weren't right immediately: He had deep crimson eyes, he had the two dots on his neck, and he had fangs. Woah! What!? Fear shot through me, as well as confusion. What was this kid doing? Was this some kind of sick joke? He snapped at me with his two large, sharp teeth, and threw me off of him, I flew back past the classroom and skidded across the floor unharmed, and he must have thrown me a good twenty feet! I was awestruck. What was going on? The male officer was on the kid, trying to hold him down.


"Julie! Help me with this!" The male officer yelled.


His partner got on top of the kid as well, but it was a losing battle. For the police officers.


 


They finally got the kid under control, and when the police officer reached for his gun, the kid broke free of the police officers and ran off.


"Woah! He must've been on something powerful!" Exclaimed the female officer, Julie.


"Did you see his eyes? And his fangs? He looked like a freaking vampire!" I shouted.


"Did you see how far he threw me?" I yelled, pointing to the classroom. I was very jumpy right now, I didn't know what to do. I then put two and two together.


"And the fang marks! They're not a gang symbol, they're freaking fang marks!" I yelled, my adrenaline was now spiked.


 


The police must've believed me, after all, they saw it, too.


"Get the guns from the car." Said the male officer to Julie.


"We are going to go and make sure the other classes are under control, we are going to investigate the grounds, there might be more of those… Things. It sounds extremely far-fetched, but I saw what I saw, and so did you, and in case we don't can't finish our job, I want you to keep things quiet, if other people find out that there are vampires roaming around, things could get out of hand, I want you to take this." The male officer said to me.


He then reached to his holster and gave me a police issue revolver. Fear shot through me. I didn't know how to use a gun!


"I don't know how to use that!" I shouted, my adrenaline was still spiked from seeing a vampire... thing. His partner came back and handed him a shotgun.


"That revolver is real easy to use, just keep your finger off the trigger and only point at what you want to kill." He then indicated the safety, and the hammer. With that, he and Julie were off.


 


Well, I had a pistol. I decided to go back to class and warn the other students, but not tell them everything, keep it quiet, like I was told. I engaged the safety and put the pistol in my pocket, so as not to alarm the other students. I came in and locked the door.


"Alright everyone, stay in this room, and don't leave!" I said while going over and closing the blinds.


"Why? Nick, what happened?" Asked Mr. Grant.


"A kid on drugs just attacked me and the police officers. They told me to make sure no one leaves this room until they lock down the other classes and do a search of the grounds, to make sure that there aren't any other kids with the substance in their systems." I told everyone.


 


A voice crackled over the PA system. It was the secretary:


"Attention to all staff and students, the school will now be going into lockdown, remain inside your classrooms and do not leave until told otherwise."


"Aw man, what if we need to pee?" A kid named Callum whined. Good old Callum, he always kept things light. His buddy, Chaz piped up.


"Or poo?" He asked.


A bunch of guys chuckled.


"Real nice, Chaz." Said Angela, the president of the student council.


She was not a fan of the boy's immature jokes.


"Everyone, remain calm, I'm sure those kids are just passing through, they are probably gone by now, just stay here and wait." Said Mr. Grant.


I spoke up.


"And if they do get in, I have this." I said, holding up the pistol.


"Those kids tried to kill those two cops and I, they are deadly, if worse comes to worse, I was told to use this, and I sure don't want to." I went on, putting the gun back into my pocket.


 


Knowing that we weren't totally defenseless seemed to brighten the class's spirits a little. There were a few close calls where a kid with those crazy crimson eyes would glimpse in through the window, and I would slowly pulled the pistol, and they would move along. In an hour or two, the police officers came back into the class room.


"Alright, everything's cool, you are free to stay at school, or go home, and the principal says it's ok." The male officer said.


As the officers turned to leave, I followed them out into the hallway.


"Um, Sir, you forgot your gun." I said. The officer turned around.


"You can keep it." He male officer said.


That took me by surprise.


"Really?" I asked.


"Yeah, you earned it, you kept people safe. You're a hero, but allow me to take the live rounds out of it first." The male officer said to me.


He took the pistol from me, opened the chamber, extracted the bullets, put them in his pocket, and gave the weapon back to me.


 


"If your parents have any problems with you keeping that in the house, just return it to the station." Said Julie.


"Oh, I moved out of my parent’s place." I said.


"I have my own little place I'm renting, I make a decent pay at a restaurant downtown, and it’ll be fine." Explained.


They shrugged and left the school. I went back to class, I couldn’t think of anything to do at home.


"Nick, you are free to go home if you want." Said Mr. Grant. When I entered the room.


"Actually, Mr. Grant, I wanted to talk to you about the, um, Kids on drugs." I said.


I couldn't help it, I needed to tell someone. It was too much for me to handle alone. Mr. Grant sat down at his desk as I went up to him.


"No need to hide the truth, Nick. I already know." He said.


"What?" I asked him.


"I know that they are vampires." He said casually.


 


Shock filled my system. Confusion crossed my features.


"How...?" I asked.


"Ah, you see, I am a vampire hunter. I know, a teacher who is a vampire hunter, it is a little bit cliché, no? I have been detecting a strong vampire presence in this area for a few days now. I fear that there is something big coming, Nick. I want you to stay safe. I want everyone to stay safe." He said.


I was in total shock. Mr. Grant, the teacher whom I had trusted all these years was a vampire hunter? Good old nerdy Mr. Grant was a vampire hunter? I forced myself to accept it, after all, I had just seen a real live vampire, so there had to be people who hunted them, right? I looked Mr. Grant in the eye.


“Why are you telling me this?” I asked.


Mr. Grant nodded, understanding my confusion. He looked me in the eye to let me know how serious he was.


“Listen very closely, Nick. I have a feeling, a very bad feeling that something big, and something very dangerous is about to happen, I have lied and deceived everyone I know, I want that to stop, Justin case I die while killing a vampire somewhere, as it is a very dangerous job. I want at least one person to know my secret.” He said to me.


Confusion hit me again.


“Why me?” I asked.


He grinned.


“Because I trust you above all others, and I trust that you will do the right thing when the time comes.” He told me.


 


I shook my head, not understanding.


“What do you mean, when the time comes? What are you talking about?” I asked him.


“Well, I saw you with that pistol earlier, you didn’t kill anyone, and you kept people safe. That is why I trust you. Not everyone would have the strength of mind to stare down those vampires that came to the window.” Mr. Grant said, laughing quietly.


I nodded.


“Thank you, I am going to leave now. Your secret is safe with me.” I told him. Mr. Grant nodded.


“As it should be.” He said.


I backed out of the room and walked around the building, thinking about what Mr. Grant had just told me.


 


***


 


When I got bored of waiting around school, I went home, walking down the familiar streets, thankfully nothing strange happened today, either. Was the person who I saw the last few nights bored of harassing me? I hoped so. I passed the spot where I first saw the figure, and in a few minutes I arrived home. When I got home, I looked at the clock. It was 8:30. Thinking of time made me realize something important: It was Friday night, and I was meeting Saja tonight!




© 2014 Ryan Henderson


Author's Note

Ryan Henderson
Please let me know what you think :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This story is so good! I love it more than most novels from published authors that I've read, I am completely in love with your writing, I am going to read this entire series that you have. Your flow is dynamic, your characters are even more so, the language you use is out of this world, I just simply need to read more of this!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I promisse that I was going to keep reading it xD
I love this chapter, it is really good!


Posted 9 Years Ago


Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the review!
This story is so good! I love it more than most novels from published authors that I've read, I am completely in love with your writing, I am going to read this entire series that you have. Your flow is dynamic, your characters are even more so, the language you use is out of this world, I just simply need to read more of this!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

657 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 13, 2014
Last Updated on December 26, 2014
Tags: Vampire, Vampires, Fiction, Fantasy, Original

Book One: A Hero's Journey


Author

Ryan Henderson
Ryan Henderson

Cobourg, Ontario, Canada



About
I will review your work if you send me a read request, I like to help writers get off of the ground, I will also suggest ideas for your work if needed. Please note that I don't really like poetry... more..

Writing