Book One Chapter Six: Saja's Secret

Book One Chapter Six: Saja's Secret

A Chapter by Ryan Henderson
"

At long last, Saja's dark, deadly secret is revealed! Finding himself in danger at Kao's Cuisine, Nick tries to escape. Does he succeed? Or does he fail? Failure could mean death. Or worse...

"


Chapter Six Saja’s Secret: I heard Micheal approach from behind.


"The food was good?" Asked Micheal.


I didn't turn to face him.


"Yes, thank you very much, it was-"


Something cut me off.


It was the sensation of metal being held to my back. I heard a click sound a few seconds later. Fear spread throughout my body. This wasn't the giddy fear of screwing up the date, this was the fear of death. I had watched enough action movies to know that Micheal had a gun to my back, and he had just pulled back the hammer.


"If you scream, I will kill you." Micheal whispered in my ear.


Even more fear spread through me. I almost fainted. I saw Saja across the table from me, she was smiling slightly. I shot her a questioning look.


"What is this?" I asked.


I was enraged and confused at the same time.


"You will see." Saja told me calmly.


"Get down on your knees, and this will be fast and easy." Said Micheal in his Chinese accent.


Was he going to shoot me? I didn't want to stick around to find out. I looked around desperately. I spotted some possible cover: A bare table, there was no one sitting at it, it was around ten feet away. In a fit of rage, confusion and fear, I balled my hand into a fist, spun around and punched Micheal in the nose. I felt bad for some odd reason, but he was trying to kill me, so it was okay. Micheal was stunned, he didn't expect that. He recoiled back with a cry of pain.


 


I ran over to the table and flipped it over. No sooner did I do that, a gunshot echoed through the restaurant, a split second later, a bullet flew through the table beside me at top speed. Fear ripped its way through me in the form of an adrenaline fueled scream. Another shot came in relatively the same place, Micheal must have thought that he shot me. I heard screams of fear from the patrons, both male and female. The live music stopped playing, and in seconds, chaos ensued. Once a crowd passed by the table I was using for cover, I stood up and lost myself in the crowd. I headed for the exit, pushing and shoving drunken patrons out of the way. I was in a flurry of fear and confusion, desperately trying to escape Saja and her gunman. At last, I pushed out of the front entrance. The cool night air touched my skin, cooling it.


 


I passed by a window from the restaurant, and a gunshot sounded. The window shattered. I ran passed the window in a haze of pure fear. I ran down the street, hoping to find a hiding place somewhere. I yelled and screamed the whole way down the street.


"Run! There's a crazed gunman on the loose!" I yelled.


Everyone regarded me with strange looks, and went about their business. I then heard a gunshot from the direction of Kao's Cuisine, and a bullet sailed past my head, just missing me! I heard footsteps behind me. I looked back and saw Saja standing right behind me, we were a foot apart. How had she run that distance so quickly? She then grabbed my forehead, pushed my head back, and I immediately felt twin needle points of searing pain on my neck. I could feel my warm blood spilling down my shoulder, and leaking down my arm. Fear washed through me for what seemed like the millionth time in the last few minutes. I was getting very weak, it was a weakness that I had never before felt. It was unnatural and it felt horrible. I was also in shock. Right before I passed out, I pieced together one last legible thought: Saja was a vampire.


 


 


 


***




© 2014 Ryan Henderson


Author's Note

Ryan Henderson
Please tell me what you think :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay, now this is how you make a twist!
I love the action going on in this one Ryan, Another great chapter!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the review!
I've never seen anyone whose eyes are a dark burgundy, but it sounds very interesting. I wonder that people don't start going around wearing dark burgundy contacts. The pace is very reasonable in this part of the story, possibly an interlude

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review! Pace keeping is one of the most important things of writing, it cant be to.. read more
So far, this series is fan freaking tastic! My favourite character so far is Anna-Maria! She is so cool! I love all the other characters, too. I cannot wait to see what happens next, and with your talent, you can take these stories anywhere!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

639 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 13, 2014
Last Updated on December 26, 2014
Tags: Vampire, Vampires, Fiction, Fantasy, Original

Book One: A Hero's Journey


Author

Ryan Henderson
Ryan Henderson

Cobourg, Ontario, Canada



About
I will review your work if you send me a read request, I like to help writers get off of the ground, I will also suggest ideas for your work if needed. Please note that I don't really like poetry... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..