Vampire Knight Chapter Two: Zero

Vampire Knight Chapter Two: Zero

A Chapter by Ryan Henderson
"

This chapter follows Zero on his nightly patrols as a guardian at Cross Academy. This chapter also explains things that you will need to understand the story in the future.

"


[Zero Kiryu's Perspective] Chapter Two: My name is Zero Kiryu. I am five feet eleven inches tall, male, I have lavender coloured eyes and silver hair, and I have a thin build. I am currently on my nightly patrol of the academy grounds, waiting for my partner, Yuki Cross, to show up for her duties. Looking down the pathway that she usually came, I did not see her. That's strange, Yuki doesn't usually run late, come to think of it, she has never run late. I thought to myself. What could be keeping her? She may have fallen asleep. I told myself, although I knew that it was very unlikely, Yuki never, ever missed out on our nightly patrols. I shrugged and continued on my walk around the grounds. There is a high wall, around ten feet tall, that surrounds the academy, it has a flat surface on the top of it, so I walk along that. As I walked along, I still saw no sign of Yuki. Where is she? I asked myself.


As I walked along, my pistol that I kept underneath my school uniform bounced against my chest. I had it attached to a chain leading from a loop in the metal just behind the magazine at the lowest, rearmost part of the handle, to a loop on the inside of my tunic. The headmaster issued me this pistol. It is an anti-vampire gun, the bullets have a spell put on them to kill vampires. The gun has an engraving on it: Bloody Rose. Although vampires can heal from just a graze, or a shot to any one of their limbs, it will hurt them like hell. Vampires cannot, however heal from an anti vampire gunshot to either the heart or the head, if they are shot in either of those places, they will die very quickly, all vampires except purebloods.


Pureblood vampires are very rare and extraordinary beings. No one knows their mystery shrouded story. A pureblood is a vampire who's entire family tree is comprised of vampires, with not a drop of human blood coursing through a pureblood vampire's veins, pureblood vampires possess an array of skills and abilities, such as accelerated healing, which makes them difficult to kill with an anti-vampire gun. Pureblood vampires can have a wide variety of abilities and skills, but they have one that is feared above all the other abilities: If a pureblood vampire's fangs pierce you, you slowly turn into a vampire. And like all humans who turn into vampires, they will eventually fall to Level E.


In case you are new to the vampire ranks, here they are: At the very top, there are purebloods vampires. Purebloods age very slowly, and are immortal. They are always very beautiful, regardless of their gender. Why this is, I do not know. Purebloods can turn humans into vampires. Any human that is turned into a vampire by a pureblood has no choice but to obey the pureblood that turned them from human to vampire. For when you are turned, the pureblood who turned you is your master. Purebloods also have abilities such as accelerated healing, the ability to erase memories from other human's or vampire's minds, improved strength, speed and all other human traits. Purebloods can possess other abilities, but other than these fundamental powers, the abilities differ from pureblood to pureblood. Purebloods also have the power to influence other vampires to do things, whatever these may be.


Next, there are aristocratic vampires, or vampire aristocrats. They age slightly faster than purebloods and have a very long lifespan, but are not immortal and will die after a number of centuries. Aristocratic vampires are the next level down from purebloods. Aristocratic vampires also are always very beautiful, regardless of their gender. Again, why this is, I do not know. Aristocratic vampires also possess various types of abilities, differing from each aristocratic vampire. Aristocratic vampires do have increased strength, stamina, speed, agility, and other human traits. They do not have much more of these traits than humans, but the traits are boosted for them, nonetheless. Aristocratic vampires do possess accelerated healing, however.


Next, there are common vampires. Vampires who were recently turned from humans into vampires, and have no significant powers, only slightly increased strength, speed, stamina, agility and other human traits. They also demonstrate faster healing than humans, but not as fast as aristocratic vampires or purebloods. Common vampires often look the same as when they were human. Common vampires age slower than aristocratic vampires, but are not immortal. Common vampires usually do not live very long, because common vampires slowly lose their sanity as they age. The rate at which the sanity is completely lost varies from vampire to vampire.


Next, at the very bottom ranks there are the level E vampires. Level E vampires are humans who were turned into a vampire and lived long enough to totally lose their sanity. Level E vampires demonstrate accelerated healing, faster aging than common vampires and not immortal. Level E vampires are generally very unsightly and off putting in appearance. When a vampire falls to level E (E standing for the 'end') they completely loose their sanity and they totally loose sight on who they are, they only think of blood, they only kill for blood. Level E vampires are very dangerous due to the fact that communication with them is impossible, and they are practically animals, reacting only on instinct and will do anything to get out of a situation alive.


All vampire's eyes are normal coloured, but when they are thirsty or if they are feeding on blood, their eyes glow bright red, and they are very lustrous. The sun does not kill vampires, but all vampires get sunburned extremely easily, and the sun hurts a vampire's eyes, but other than that, the sun does not really do any damage to a vampire. I know all of this because the entire night class at Cross Academy are vampires. Although Yuki does not know it, yet.


As I completed my first full lap of the academy, I looked around for Yuki, I had not seen her the entire time I have been up on this wall. I looked towards the girl's dorm, hoping to find Yuki running out towards me, but she wasn't. Normally, boys are not allowed in the girl's dorms, but I was a guardian of the academy, and I was only allowed inside the girl's dorm if I was on important business as a guardian. I decided to go into the girl's dorm and go to Yuki's room. Maybe she was asleep? I jumped off of the wall, rolling across the ground as I hit the bottom, and I ran towards the girl's dorm building. As I came to the gate, I saw the gatekeeper, a short, plump woman who's name I did not know. As I stepped up to the gate, she peeked out of her booth. "Disciplinary committee? What business do you have here?" She asked me. I looked at her. "My partner, Yuki cross has not shown up for patrols, I want to go to her dorm room to make sure that she is alright." I told the gatekeeper. The gatekeeper just stared at me and then opened the metal gate from the inside. "Go on in." She said. I stepped through the gate and walked to the main double doors of the huge stone building.


I approached the doors and opened them. I walked up the set of spiral stairs that led to the top floor where Yuki's room was. I arrived at the top floor and walked down the hall to where I remember Yuki's room being. I knocked on the door. "Yuki, are you asleep? You missed patrols." I said. No answer. "Yuki, are you in there?" I asked, knocking on the door again. "Yuki, I'm coming in, alright?" I asked. No answer. I reached down to turn the nob. It was warm, a hand had touched it recently. I twisted the knob and pushed open the door. I looked at both the beds. They were empty. Confusion hit me. Where did Yori and Yuki go? I asked myself. I searched the room, all I found was an overturned chair and a dent in the floor next to the door. What happened here? I asked myself. Looking around, I confirmed that there was no where Yuki or Yori could be. Where did they go?


 




© 2014 Ryan Henderson


Author's Note

Ryan Henderson
Please tell me what you think :) Credit to 'Yuki' on Writerscafe for helping me write these fan fictions.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent descriptions of the different kinds of vampires. Good tension building, keeping the reader interested and a wonderful cliff hanger at the end of this chapter. This is really good writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind review!
Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

You are very welcome. I enjoyed reading this.
I love how the boy knows more than the girl that's how it should be, though I guess it isn't there is always something masterful about a master lord ruler of the man person that one wants to worship. I don't understand how some people can consciously seek worship (which I find to be attractive) vs. feeling like one is not worthy of such worship. Or perhaps it is that the woman is unaware of what the man's worship looks like and how it is manifested, or maybe in his glory there is no need for the man to worship the woman consciously or maybe there is no forcing it. I'm not sure. There's a lot I'm having to figure out/wrestle with.

I bet they could be any number of places, Yuki and Yori but Zero does not really believe they are in trouble at this particular point in the scene . There is a dent in the floor and an overturned chair. I should say it is not clear how alarmed the reader should be at this point. I think that they should be fine.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

lol thank you, the whole 'oh, Yuki and Yori cannot be in danger at this point' is something I purpos.. read more
I love this chapter, I love the whole story so far! Please keep posting!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is great Good descriptions in everything really good detail

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

thank you, any ideas for chapter three?
yuki

9 Years Ago

Yes i do i sent it over the message

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

443 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 8, 2014
Last Updated on December 7, 2014
Tags: Vampires, Teen, Fan fiction, Vampire Knight, Vampire, Fantasy, Fiction


Author

Ryan Henderson
Ryan Henderson

Cobourg, Ontario, Canada



About
I will review your work if you send me a read request, I like to help writers get off of the ground, I will also suggest ideas for your work if needed. Please note that I don't really like poetry... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..