Vampire Knight Chapter Three: Zero's Mission

Vampire Knight Chapter Three: Zero's Mission

A Chapter by Ryan Henderson
"

In this chapter, Zero continues his search for Yuki by asking around the night class to see if any of them have seen Yuki or her friend, Yori.

"


[Zero Kiryu's Perspective] Chapter Three: I decided to go ask the vampire night class. Maybe they saw her walking from class to the dorm? It was possible. As much as I hated vampires, I decided that it was my only lead. I hated vampires so much because they are unnatural, bloodthirsty beasts. 'Beasts in human form' as I like to refer to them. The entire night class is on to the fact that I know about them, but I must keep a low profile about knowing about them, for if I told anyone, they would surely kill me without thinking twice. I walked out of the girl's dorm building and passed the gatekeeper on my way out. I walked through the night across campus to where the night class building is. Since the night class is nocturnal, they would have a class in session right now. I walked across the cobblestone street that went every which way on campus and eventually got to the night class building.


I approached the gate. The night class gatekeeper, a man, looked to me. "And just what business do you have with the night class, disciplinary committee?" He asked me. I cleared my throat. "I am here on an urgent task. I must question the night class to see if they have seen my partner, Yuki Cross. She appears to have gone missing." I told the gatekeeper. The man nodded and opened the gate for me. I stepped through and approached the night class building. I walked across the narrow stretch of cobblestone to the door and opened it. I stepped through and closed it behind me. The noise of the closing door echoed eerily throughout the stone building. I walked down the corridor. I knew where the night class's classroom was, I had been there many times to ensure that the vampires of the night class did not loose control and hunt the day class students.


As I approached the door to the night class's classroom, I heard voices murmuring: "Someone's coming." Said a female voice. Rima Toya. I thought to myself. That was who the voice belonged to. I reached out to open the door, but it opened before I touched the handle. Kaname Kuran had opened it. He regarded me with a confused look. "Disciplinary committee? What are you doing here?" He asked me. I looked into his eyes, trying to ignore the fact that he was a vampire. "Kaname, I must speak to the night class. Would that be alright?" I asked, trying to maintain an acceptable level of civility. After what seemed like an hour, Kaname nodded and let me pass. As I stepped into the rom, I saw Seiren out of the corner of my eye. Watching me. I got the impression that she was kind of the night class's bodyguard.


I decided to talk to each student of the night class separately, so as to avoid a commotion. I went to Kaname first. "Kaname, have you seen Yuki at all today?" I asked him. He shook his head. "No, Zero. I have not. Why do you ask?" He asked me. "Yuki appears to have gone missing." I told him. Kaname's eyes widened ever so slightly. "Well then, I will keep an eye out for her." Kaname answered. I walked across the room to question Seiren, she was the next closest student to me. As I approached, I noticed that Sieren had placed her legs in a fight-ready stance. I put my hands up. "Seiren, I mean you no harm. I just want to ask you a few things." I said quietly and slowly. Seiren looked at my tunic, right at the place where I kept my anti-vampire pistol. "If that is the case, get rid of that Bloody Rose first." She told me. I shook my head. "And why would I do that?" I asked somewhat cockily.


Seiren just glared at me. When I saw that she would not talk, I turned my back on her and walked across the room to Akatsuki Kain. "Hey, Akatsuki." I said. He turned around as I approached. "Disciplinary committee? What do you want?" He asked, although not aggressively. "Have you seen Yuki at all today?" I asked. Akatsuki shook his head. "No. Why?" He asked me. I looked up at him, he was a lot taller than I was, but I looked into his burnt orange eyes. "Yuki has gone missing, she did not show up for patrols and she is not in her dorm." I told him. Akatsuki just shook his head. "I haven't seen her." He said as he turned and walked away. I looked around the room to see who to ask next. I saw Hanabusa Aido a few meters away, I walked over to him.


"Hanabusa." I called. He turned around, looking at me with his electric blue eyes. "Zero Kiryu. What a surprise. What do you want from me?" He asked. I explained. "Yuki did not show up for patrols tonight and she is not in her dorm, have you seen her?" I asked him. Hanabusa shook his head. "No, I haven't, but you should ask her friend, Yori. She might know where she is." I shook my head in frustration. "Yori has dissappeared as well." I told him. Hanabusa shrugged. "I don't know, then." He said while walking away. I turned around and spotted Ruka Souen. I went over to her. "Ruka, have you seen Yuki at all today?" I asked her. Ruka shook her head. "No. I haven't, have you tried asking her friend, Yori?" Asked Ruka. I shook my head. "Yori has disappeared along with Yuki." I told Ruka. Ruka's eyes went wide. "Then no, I haven't seen Yuki, and I have not the slightest clue on where she might be." She said. I sighed and turned around, spotting Rima nearby. I walked over.


Rima heard me come over and turned around. "Hello Zero." She said with almost no emotion in her voice. I nodded. "Hello, Rima. Have you seen Yuki at all today? She and her friend Yori have gone missing." I told Rima. Rima just shook her head. "I don't really pay much attention to the day class students. Sorry." She told me. I sighed again and turned around. Who hadn't i asked yet? I had not asked Takuma or Senri yet. I spotted Senri nearby and went over to him. "Hey, Senri. Have you seen Yuki or her friend Yori today?" I asked him. He turned around. "No, the day class students are of no concern or interest to me." He said. I shrugged and Senri turned around. I then went to the last lead that I had: Takuma Ichijo.


"Takuma." I said as I approached him. Takuma turned around quickly. "Oh, Hello Zero!" He said cheerily. How unusual. I looked at him. "Listen, have you seen Yuki or her friend Yori at all today?" I asked him. He shook his head. "No, no I haven't seen them at all, why do you ask?" He asked, still smiling. I had the fleeting feeling that he was hiding something. I stared at him for a while longer. "Yuki and Yori both disappeared today. I was just wondering if you saw them." I said. Takuma scratched the back of his head. "No, I haven't seen either one, but I will keep an eye out." Takuma said. I looked at him for a few more moments. "What?" Takuma asked, shrugging his shoulders. I shook my head. "Nothing." I said as I turned to go. I walked towards the door to the classroom. Kaname had joined Seiren at the opposite side of the room. Seiren was glaring at me, even as I walked out the door. What now? I asked myself.




© 2014 Ryan Henderson


Author's Note

Ryan Henderson
Please tell me what you think :) Also credit to 'Yuki' on writerscafe for helping me write these fan fictions!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice chapter. I like it. A very worried friend indeed.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review!
It is very interesting they are still disappeared. I don't know where they went but the characters are all very quiet and gentle towards one another and not ashamed of each other; so these are the polite innocent gentle ways as how life ought to be often, now there is no anger in this chapter except for the man who is not being honest or hiding something. I don't see any weakness here in the writing but a strength in such weakness which is a simple calm walking around meandering way from room to room, door to door, etc.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

You are awesome at interpreting! Thank you for the review!
I like how Zero is willing to put his hatred of vampires aside to help save YUKI :D oh... And Yori...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

365 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 8, 2014
Last Updated on December 7, 2014
Tags: Fan fiction, Vampire, Vampires, Vampire Knight, Cool, Teen, Fantasy


Author

Ryan Henderson
Ryan Henderson

Cobourg, Ontario, Canada



About
I will review your work if you send me a read request, I like to help writers get off of the ground, I will also suggest ideas for your work if needed. Please note that I don't really like poetry... more..

Writing