Vampire Knight Chapter Seven: Takuma's Secret

Vampire Knight Chapter Seven: Takuma's Secret

A Chapter by Ryan Henderson
"

This chapter is written from Kaname's perspective. It follows him and the night class after Yuki and Yori's disappearances. Kaname investigates and finds out a secret that Takuma has been hiding...

"


[Kaname Kuran's Perspective] Chapter Seven: As I looked over the vampires that followed and respected me, the night class, I wondered if Zero and Hanabusa had found Yuki and Yori yet. At the same time I wondered how Yuki and Yori had disappeared; Under what circumstances had they done so? Had they merely gone for a walk? Or had something far more sinister taken place right here at Cross Academy right under my nose? As a pureblood vampire, I have taken it upon myself to watch over and protect the loyal vampires who follow me, but I also watch over the humans around me as well, so as to avoid conflict between our two races.


I looked at the vampires who were gathered before me. I saw Rima Toya drinking blood from Senri Shiki's neck. Vampires could (to an extent) satisfy their thirst for blood by drinking blood from other vampires, but vampires lack something in their blood that human's do not, making vampire blood somewhat unsatisfying, but it will quench your thirst if you are a vampire. I looked around the room, I saw Seiren standing in the corner, watching over the class, I saw Takuma standing in the corner adjacent Seiren, he looked somewhat forlorn. I saw Ruka sitting on top of a desk with her legs crossed, looking bored. Seeking something to do, I walked over to Takuma.


Takuma looked up slightly when he saw me. "Hello lord Kaname, do you need something?" He asked me. In case you were wondering, the vampires who followed me sometimes addressed me as 'lord Kaname' because I am a pureblood vampire, and even though I did not give them life as a vampire, they still respect me, that may be because I am a pureblood, and purebloods have a natural ability to influence other vampires, and I suppose the vampires in this room chose to follow me. I shook my head. "Are you alright, Takuma? You look forlorn." I asked him. Takuma just shook his head and sagged his shoulders. "It's nothing, lord Kaname, I'm fine." He said. "You have been acting strange ever since Zero asked you if you saw Yuki or Yori today, do you have something that you want to tell me?" I pressed.


 


Takuma shook his head vigorously. "No, no of course not, lord Kaname! Why would you think that?" Takuma asked me. I grinned slightly and shook my head. "It's nothing. Carry on." I told him, resuming my position at the front of the classroom. As I did so, Seiren approached me. "Lord Kaname, I need to talk to you." Seiren told me. I nodded. "Of course, Seiren. What about?" I asked. Seiren looked into my eyes, a look of intensity filled her gaze. "I want to know why the smell of blood wafted in here a few hours ago." She said. I thought back. Come to think of it, I had smelled blood a few hours ago. A few hours after that, Zero came in asking if we had seen Yuki or Yori. "I do not know why the scent of blood found it's way into this classroom, but that happened mere hours before Zero asked us all if we had seen Yuki or Yori today." I told Seiren.


A worried expression took form on Seiren's features. "Do you think that the blood belonged to either Yuki or Yori?" She asked me. I shook my head. "I don't know, but Takuma has been acting strange ever since Zero asked him if He'd seen Yuki or Yori earlier tonight." I said. Seiren walked over to Takuma, who was still in the corner, and grabbed him by the back of his shirt collar. "Hey! Seiren, what are you doing? Put my down!" Said Takuma. Seiren made her way between the rows of seats towards me at the front of the room. I looked at Seiren. "Seiren, that was unnecessary. Put him down." I ordered. Seiren did as she was told. "My apologies, Takuma. But I need to speak to you." I told him.


Takuma's eyes widened slightly. "What do you need, lord Kaname?" He asked. "Well, a few hours ago, the smell of blood found it's way into the classroom. A few hours later, Zero Kiryu asked you if you had seen Yuki or Yori today, and you have been acting strange ever since. I will ask you once more, is there something that you would like to tell me?" I asked Takuma. Takuma shook his head from side to side so quickly that I thought his neck might snap. "No, of course not, lord Kaname." He said nervously. Seiren then jabbed him in the small of his back with her hand. He yelled in pain. She must have hit a soft spot. Seiren knew a vampire's weak points like the back of her hand, and could kill any vampire, perhaps even a pureblood.


Takuma rubbed the small of his back where Seiren had jabbed him. "Alright, alright, lord Kaname. Yes, I do have something to tell you." Takuma said, I saw a tear glisten in his eye. "Yes?" I asked him, urging him to sp+eak. Takuma took a deep breath. "Well, earlier oday, at twilight, I got too thirsty, too thirsty for vampire blood to satisfy me, so I went hunting, surely no one would miss one day class girl?" Takuma started. I made an angry face at him. Takuma spoke quickly now. "I did it in private and I hid the body, I drank her dry behind a bush, out of sight, but then Yuki and her friend Yori caught me, and I chased them back to their dorms, by then I had regained control and I walked away, but that was the last I saw them, I swear, lord Kaname." Takuma finished. I then reeled back and smacked Takuma across the face with the back of my hand.


Takuma fell to the ground, yelping in pain. He looked at me through tear stricken eyes, holding his cheek where I had struck him. "Do you know why I did that?" I asked him. Takuma stood up, still holding his cheek. He bowed his head. "Yes, lord Kaname. You struck me because I hunted the human girl." Takuma said. "Do you know why else I struck you?" I asked him. Takuma nodded. "You also struck me because I lied to you." Takuma told me. I nodded. "I'm sorry, lord Kaname." Takuma said again. I nodded. "You are forgiven." I told him. Takuma bowed to me. "Thank you, lord Kaname." Takuma told me. I nodded to Takuma and he walked back to his corner. "Well then. It looks as though we have reached another dead end." I told Seiren. Seiren nodded. "Takuma was of little help." She said. I nodded to her. "It looks like we must keep looking." Seiren told me. "Yes, so it would seem." I told her.

My father looked to Hanabusa. "Hanabusa, you have done well in helping Zero find Yuki and Yori, but you should go back to your class. Zero can take another night class student tonight to take with him." He said. Hanabusa bowed. "Thank you, headmaster Cross." He said, he then walked out the door and back to his class. I thought about that. Who would I take? Someone who was reliable, responsible, a good tracker and a good fighter, in case we ran into any Level E vampires. I searched my mind for a night class student that fit those traits. I thought for a few moments, then discovered that there was one student in particular who I needed, and I knew who she was: Seiren.




© 2014 Ryan Henderson


Author's Note

Ryan Henderson
Please tell me what you think! Credit to 'Yuki' on writerscafe who is helping me write this fan fiction!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good chapter. I enjoyed reading it a lot. The mystery deepens.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review!
I love this chapter, and I LOVE your writing style, keep it up please, I will be following your writing ever so eagerly!!!!!!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

381 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 10, 2014
Last Updated on December 7, 2014
Tags: Vampire Knight, Fan Fiction, Vampire, Vampires, Teen, Epic, Cool, New


Author

Ryan Henderson
Ryan Henderson

Cobourg, Ontario, Canada



About
I will review your work if you send me a read request, I like to help writers get off of the ground, I will also suggest ideas for your work if needed. Please note that I don't really like poetry... more..

Writing