Vampire Knight Chapter Ten: Zero and Seiren

Vampire Knight Chapter Ten: Zero and Seiren

A Chapter by Ryan Henderson
"

This chapter follows Zero and Seiren. After looking for the two missing girls with Hanabusa, he takes Seiren with him next, due to her useful skills for the job. What do they find?

"


[Zero Kiryu's Perspective] Chapter Ten: I exited my father's office in search of the night class's classroom building, and in search of Seiren. I really hoped she could help me find Yuki and Yori, I was really starting to get worried about the two girls. Where were they living? If they had been out in the forest, they would probably have frozen to death in the autumn night's frost. Cold fear and deep worry wormed their ways through my thoughts. Were they already dead? No. They couldn't be. If they were... I put those morbid thoughts out of my head and descended my father's staircase and made it outside and out of the front gates. I noticed that the wound on my hand that I got from scaling the metal gate earlier that night was starting to bleed again. Hopefully Seiren has more control than Hanabusa. I thought to myself.


I went down the cobblestone streets, eager to find Seiren and get a quicker start on finding Yuki and Yori. I started to run down the street towards the night class classroom building. I saw it up ahead and soon came to the gates. I was greeted by the gatekeeper. The gatekeeper for the night class opened the gate for me and I ran in, pushing open the double doors and sprinting down the hallway towards the classroom that houses the night class vampires.


I came to the door and burst through. The entire night class looked over to me, startled at the sudden noise. I had no time for formalities. "I need Seiren." I stated. Kaname and the rest of the night class, including Seiren, glared at me, daring me to explain. I exhaled. "I need someone who is responsible, good at fighting, good at tracking, and someone who is very loyal to help me find Yuki and Yori. That's why I need Seiren." I explained quickly. Seiren looked to Kaname. They stared at each other for a good few seconds, as if communicating telepathically.


Finally, Seiren came out of the corner she was in and walked calmly over to me. "Thank you, Seiren. I appreciate it, and I'm sure Yuki and Yori will, too." I told her. She walked up to me and stopped. She looked into my eyes. Her eyes were pale violet in colour, and they pierced mine. She was intimidating, I had to admit. "If this is a waste of my time..." She said angrily to me. She turned around and headed towards the door, flipping her violet hair. The sudden recognition of her unusual hair colour gave me a thought: Had she died it?


I shook my head. It doesn't matter. I said to myself while walking after Seiren. "Do you know where you're going?" I asked her. She nodded. "Of course I do not know where I'm going, you have not told me yet, Zero Kiryu." She said, sounding frustrated. I raised my finger at her. "Then you probably shouldn't lead." I said, walking in front of her. I led her out of the building, out of the gate and out onto the cobblestone streets. I led her down the street that led to the ladder on the wall that Hanabusa and I used yesterday. I climbed the ladder first, Seiren followed close behind. After I was at the top, I jumped to the bottom, landing and rolling across the ground. Seiren jumped and landed gracefully, without rolling. Just bending her knees.


I turned my attention back to the mountain Hanabusa and I climbed. Seiren and I ran upwards, she made it to the top before me. It then dawned on me how Seiren was in great shape, probably better shape than me. Seiren waited until I was at the top of the mountain, then ran to the bottom without waiting for me to fully catch up to her. She ran down the mountain at vampire speed, which was slightly faster than human speed, in the case of aristocratic vampires, which was what Seiren was, I'm sure. I ran down after her, but tripped and fell the last few meters, cutting open my right arm, my hip and my chest. I felt the warm, moist touch of blood on my cloths.


Seiren eyed me for a second, then quickly turned away. Would she be able to resist her vampire instincts?


Seiren walked faster than me, making sure there was a safe distance between us, so if she did lose control, she wouldn't kill me right away, I'd have a little time to defend myself. She kept fifteen feet, at least, between us, which I didn't mind. When she disappeared up and over the side of a hill, I called to her. "Wait up, Seiren!" I said. I ascended the hill and climbed down the other side, I saw Seiren staring up at something that was up above us, up the next mountain in front of us. I then recognized it. "I smell blood coming from that structure up there." Seiren said, pointing to the villa that Hanabusa and I had visited.


I shook my head. "It's not worth checking, Hanabusa and I already checked it. There is just a room with a throne, a pool of blood and a dead vampire hunter." I told Seiren. She nodded, seeming to believe me and we ignored the cursed villa, moving up the mountain beside it. We soon passed it, then lost sight of it when we went down the other side of the mountain, entering a valley, I then saw the rocky outcropping Hanabusa and I had used as a shelter last night. We moved on.


We were now in uncharted territory, Hanabusa and I hadn't gone this far yet, it was up to Seiren to navigate us to Yuki and Yori, and back to the academy. We climbed over a small hill, no larger than twenty feet. I saw a blur of motion around eighty feet in front of us, the movement disappeared over the next hill eighty feet away. I was about to dismiss the thought of it being suspicious, when Seiren stopped. "There is someone nearby." She said. I readied Bloody Rose. I pulled it out from beneath my school uniform. The chain that I had it attached to jangled and came out, extending to its full length as I fully extended my arm. Seiren took up a fighting stance.


All was silent. The moon had rose significantly in the sky since Seiren and I left the academy. I heard footsteps crunching dry leaves in the shadows around us. I held Bloody Rose at the ready, prepared to shoot anything that approached. I looked around. The footsteps were getting louder. Then, three figures walked into the moonlight near Seiren and I. One figure was a woman with red-pink eyes, she was fairly tall, and she had white hair. The next figure was a man with a leather patch on his right eye, he was tall, as tall as the woman with the white hair. The man with the eye patch had black hair that came down to his shoulders. The last figure stood in the moonlight. My heart stopped. For standing in the clearing, her face unmistakable in the moonlight, was Yori. Her creamy, honey coloured hair flowed down from her head to past her shoulders. Her eyes were the frightening, heart stopping sight; Yori's eyes were two sparkling rubies in her eye sockets, glimmering in the moonlight. Yori was a vampire.




© 2014 Ryan Henderson


Author's Note

Ryan Henderson
Please tell me what you think :) Credit to 'Yuki' on Writerscafe for helping write this fan fiction!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a shock for them but they found Yori. Very good chapter, very interesting. I am enjoying your book.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much for the review!
Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

You are very welcome.
Wow! Zero and Seiren! I have watched this anime and found that Seiren did not get a lot of screen time, I think it will be cool to see Seiren as a main character rather than a background character in future chapters!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

It was certainly an interesting experience: almost re-writing Seiren's character, as in the anime th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

365 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 12, 2014
Last Updated on December 7, 2014
Tags: Vampire Knight, Fan Fiction, Vampires, Vampire, Teen


Author

Ryan Henderson
Ryan Henderson

Cobourg, Ontario, Canada



About
I will review your work if you send me a read request, I like to help writers get off of the ground, I will also suggest ideas for your work if needed. Please note that I don't really like poetry... more..

Writing