Vampire Knight Chapter Twelve: Shizuka's Game

Vampire Knight Chapter Twelve: Shizuka's Game

A Chapter by Ryan Henderson
"

This chapter is written from Yuki's perspective. Shizuka holds Yuki hostage in the clearing, and is saved by an unlikely someone. Yuki tells Yori of Level E, Shizuka wants to make a deal to save Yori.

"

[Yuki Cross's Perspective] Chapter Twelve: I stood in fear, praying that Zero wouldn't do anything irrational. Zero closed his eyes, and dropped Bloody Rose to the ground. Relief spread through me at the thought that Zero did not threaten Shizuka. Maybe we could negotiate? Zero glared at Shizuka Hio. "Let her go... Please." Zero said, adding that last word with a hint of venom in his voice.

Shizuka cocked her head at Zero. "Oh, why would I do that?" Shizuka let out an amused Chuckle. Zero made an annoyed sound in the back of his throat. "Shizuka, what are you going to do?" I asked in fear. I then heard footsteps going beside Shizuka, towards the front of me. In a second, Yori walked in front of me. "Yuki, don't you want to join Shizuka?" She asked me. I shook my head in horror. "No! Of course I don't, Yori! I don't want to have my fate twisted like that!" I yelled at Yori, but also to Shizuka. Yori smiled sadly and shook her head. "Yuki, entering the service of Shizuka is divine! She gave me eternal life! I will never die! I can life forever now, and so could you, if you just trust Shizuka, and let her bite you!" Yori begged.

I shook my head fiercely. "No, no, Yori, you don't understand! You won't live forever, there is a dark side to vampirism!" I told Yori. Yori looked taken aback. "What? What are you talking about?" She asked me. I heard Shizuka chuckle. "Go on, Yuki. Tell your friend about Level E." She said. I nodded my head, while Yori had her's cocked to the side. "Yori, there is something about being a vampire known as Level E. Vampires who were turned into a vampire by a pureblood eventually lose their sanity and fall to Level E. You will be a senseless, merciless creature desiring only the blood of living humans, Yori! I don't want to end up like that, and I don't want to see you end up like that, either!" I yelled at her.

Yori shook her head, stepping backwards slightly. "Shizuka... Is... Is this true?" She asked. Shizuka laughed slightly. "Well, yes. But there is a way to stop your descent to Level E." She said. Yori took a step towards Shizuka, crossing in front of Zero. "What? What is it, I'll do anything!" Yori pleaded. "Anything?" Shizuka asked with a sly tone to her voice. Worry seeped into my gut. Uh oh. This can't be good. I thought to myself. I heard Shizuka lightly chuckling to herself behind me, she had not yet let go of my hair, and my scalp was starting to ache with pain.

Zero pulled Yori backwards from behind. "That's enough, Shizuka. Please just let us go and we'll be on our way! No one needs to die tonight! You've already taken poor Yuki's best friend away from her! Isn't that enough?" Zero asked Shizuka. I heard Shizuka smile behind me. "Hardly." Shizuka said smoothly. I heard Shizuka's lips pull back over her teeth. Fear soaked through me. Zero couldn't save me, Bloody Rose was on the ground, well out of Zero's reach. I heard Shizuka bend head down towards my neck. I felt her breath on the left side of my exposed neck. I heard Shizuka open her mouth. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. Were the only two words I could think of. I closed my eyes, waiting for it to be over. Make it quick. I silently asked Shizuka, fear had stolen my voice. I felt Shizuka's fangs on my neck...

I heard a blur of sound, Shizuka’s grip on me was broken, and all of a sudden Shizuka was reeling backwards. I ran to Zero, and I was going to thank him for saving me, but I found that she was still rooted in place, with Bloody Rose a few feet away from him on the ground. I looked back, confused. I saw Seiren over where I was just standing. Shizuka was on the ground, with a bloody gash on her forehead. Shizuka chuckled. "Oh, you are going to need to try harder than that." She said. With that, Seiren leaped back just as Shizuka got up and lunged at Seiren with her fangs out. Seiren landed right beside me. "Thank you, Seiren!" I said gratefully. Seiren just nodded. "You are welcome. Do not let it happen again." She said without looking at me. I nodded, confused by Seiren's attitude.

I saw that Zero had bent down to pick up Bloody Rose while I was thanking Seiren. Before us stood the three vampires: Shizuka Hio, Toga Yagari and Yori. A fight was going to happen... But not for a while. I looked up through the leafy canopy to see that the sky was lightening. Shizuka cast her eyes skyward as well. "Well, Zero, Seiren, and my dear Yuki." Shizuka said while looking at me when she mentioned my name, her eyes were filled with an emotion that I'd never seen before. Shizuka looked at me as she said her last sentence. "It appears that we are out of time. Until we meet again... Next night." Shizuka said. With that, Shizuka and her two vampire followers disappeared into the fast fading night.

Soon, Shizuka Hio, Toga Yagari, and Yori soon vanished from sight. Seiren looked to Zero. “Come on, we need to leave.” She told him. Zero nodded. “Yes, we should go before dusk approaches. It is dawn now, so that gives us a good head start.” Zero said. Seiren shook her head. “I don’t understand, Zero.” She said. Zero looked to Seiren. “Why is that?” He asked. Seiren still shook her head as she spoke. “Vampires are not affected by direct sunlight, they only get sunburned very easily and the sunlight hurts their eyes. Why would Shizuka and her followers let us live? If they truly wanted us dead, they would have killed us already.” Seiren said.



© 2014 Ryan Henderson


Author's Note

Ryan Henderson
Please tell me what you think :) Credit to 'Yuki' on writerscafe who is helping me write this fan fiction!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very engaging chapter. Lots of tension and action. I like where the story is going, getting a bit darker but not too dark.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review, I am glad you are liking it!
Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

You re welcome.
It is a good story.
[Yuki Cross's Perspective] Chapter Twelve: I stood in fear, praying that Zero wouldn't do anything irrational. Zero closed his eyes, and dropped Bloody Rose to the ground. Relief spread through me at the thought that Zero did not threaten Shizuka. Maybe we could negotiate? Zero glared at Shizuka Hio. "Let her go... Please." Zero said, adding that last word with a hint of venom in his voice.

This is by far the best part in the whole chapter. I love how this chapter shows how Shizuka is serious and deadly, yet also playful and sadistic. Shizuka's character in the anime was as much, but you, my friend, have expanded and thickened Shizuka Hio as a character, this 'new' Shizuka that you have created is amazing! Great chapter overall, I love the interaction between the characters in this chapter! Keep it up!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is dangerous, to be a vampire I see is not all fun and games. There is just the fun loving desire to feel the breath of all the people, to feel them or something

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

Yes, that is part of it, the next chapter, possibly the one after that, will be about Shizuka making.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

423 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 27, 2014
Last Updated on December 7, 2014
Tags: Vampire Knight, Vampires, Vampire, Fan Fiction, Teen, Epic, Cool, Fantasy, Horror


Author

Ryan Henderson
Ryan Henderson

Cobourg, Ontario, Canada



About
I will review your work if you send me a read request, I like to help writers get off of the ground, I will also suggest ideas for your work if needed. Please note that I don't really like poetry... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..