Book One Chapter Eleven: Saja's Plot

Book One Chapter Eleven: Saja's Plot

A Chapter by Ryan Henderson
"

Part of this chapter is written from Saja's view, explaining her evil plan. The rest is written from Nick's point of view. He fights with the royal werewolves as their castle is attacked by vampires!

"


Chapter Eleven Saja’s Plot:


Unknown Location, Ectoclis. Saja’s Point of View


“I will gather up all of the outcast vampires and lead a rebellion against the royal family.” said Saja.


Lexan, whom she was in the room with, spoke up.


“I think that will be enough to overthrow the royal family, but Luna and the boy have probably already reached my parents and told them about our plans. Next they could go to small villages around their area and free them of vampire control, they could find rebels, and they could oppose us." Lexan said, worry and anger were audible in his voice.


Saja thought about this.


“Yes, but even if the other vampires don’t kill them first, I will.” Saja said sinisterly.


“Saja, you cannot kill the boy. You said it yourself; you could kill him, but you need the information that he has on Tigiti and the Chosen One.” Lexan said.


“Yes, I know. You are right. However if Nick becomes too much of a threat to our plans, we will need to kill him regardless of the information he possesses.” Saja said.


With that she walked over to a man that she had brought to the room with her from a nearby village, the man was restrained with rope and gagged. His hands were bound behind his back. When Saja reached the man, she slipped his gag off.


“What are you going to do to me?” The man asked, his voice was shaking.


Saja then bent down and sank her fangs into the man’s neck. A wet squelching noise could be heard, along with the screams of the man.


The man’s screams went on for a few more moments, and then the man passed out.


 


The man awoke a few minutes later. He looked around warily, then looked back to Lexan and Saja.


"Where am I?” Asked the man, sounding thoroughly confused.


“You do not need to know.” Lexan said with a grin.


"You will see what gift you have been graced with soon enough, young vampire. Next I will turn as many people as I can into vampires, and they will be my soldiers." Said Saja.


The man who Saja had just turned shook his head.


"I'm a vampire?" Asked the man.


Saja looked at him and nodded.


"Yes, indeed you are, and you and all of the other vampires who are or were enemies of the vampire royal family will be soldiers in my rebellion." Saja told him.


The man smiled.


"I have always wanted to rebel against those vampiric tyrants." He told Saja.


Saja smiled.


"And rebel you will." She said, still smiling.


 


***


 


Royal Werewolf Castle, Ectoclis. Nick’s Point of View.


 


It was around noon and the king, queen and Luna and I were eating lunch. We were eating in the dining hall, which was a grand room with ornate tapestries on the walls and torches burned in holders all over the walls. The floor was adorned with rugs and the floor was made of grey stone, as were the walls and ceilings. The table was made of dark brown wood. I decided to tell the king and queen about my dream, after all, it was pretty odd. I looked up from the bread and cheese that was on my plate and looked at the king.


“I had a dream that I went for a walk last night.” I said.


The king looked at me, still chewing.


“See anything interesting?” He asked when he finished.


I nodded.


“Actually yes. I saw a figure sitting on a gravestone. But since it was gone when I blinked, I definitely dreamed it.” I told the king.


The queen's head snapped up to look at me.


“You saw an angel. Angels emit an aura of mist, and when you breathe that mist in, it gives the impression that you are dreaming. This protects them from exposure to humans. It really is a shame there aren't many around here anymore.” Said the queen in awe.


“Why are there hardly any angels around anymore?” I asked.


The queen looked doubtfully at her husband.


“You just don’t see them anymore.” The king said quickly.


I was going to say something, thinking there was more to it but I dropped the subject.


“I don’t mean to bring up a sore subject, but we have to discuss Saja’s plans.” I told the king and queen.


“Yes, right.” Said the king.


 


Luna spoke up for the first time since we sat down.


“What is our strategy?” asked Luna.


“Simple. I thought about it all night. We move around to other villages controlled by the vampires and we gather information regarding the royal family. Then we free the villages, hopefully we will find some rebels.” Said the king hopefully.


Doubt crossed my mind.


“And if we get that far?” I asked.


“I highly doubted that Saja will let us just waltz in to a few villages, gather rebels, and fight her. Saja is not stupid.” Luna said.


“I know that Saja is not stupid. Far from it. She is cunning and evil, plus she knows how to control people using fear. If we get as far as gathering rebels, then we find Saja and eliminate her.” The king said.


The queen spoke up.


"Will we not need an entire army to defeat a vampire of Saja's power?" She asked.


“Yes, we will need an army, but not one of the size you would think. There are small groups of people, some human and some vampire, out there who are loyal to the vampire royal family. I believe that if we can find them, we have a chance.” The king said.


"You mean that if we find people who are loyal to the vampire royal family, we ask them to join us, and assuming they do, we march up to Saja, wherever she is, and fight her when we have enough rebels?" Asked Luna.


I had to admit, the plan seemed unlikely, but not impossible.


"Well, yes. That is our plan, but if we find legitimate rebels, they will use either their loyalty to the vampire royal family, or hatred of evil vampires like Saja to fuel their fighting spirit. I believe that we could kill Saja like this." Said the king.


The queen looked to all of us.


"Do you know how to kill vampires? All of you? Because if we are going to do this, we will need proper training." She said.


I nodded.


"Yes, a silver word or stakes, that's what kills a vampire." I told them.


Luna looked at me.


"My, my, Nick. You have done your research. I'm impressed." Luna said.


I laughed.


"Hardly, when I was imprisoned by Saja, she gave me a book on how to kill vampires. The reason? I don't know." I told them.


“How foolish of her.” Luna said.


 


Thinking of being imprisoned by Saja brought up a question that nagged at my brain since I was imprisoned. If these werewolves have been around for a long time, I recall the queen saying something about the year 1266, maybe they knew who Tigiti or the Chosen One is? I decided to ask.


"King, queen, Luna, can I ask you all something?"


“Certainly, you are our guest here, after all." The king said.


I nodded, getting ready to ask the question. I worded it carefully.


"Alright, well, when Saja had me imprisoned, she asked me who the Chosen One was, and she asked me where Tigiti was. She bit me whenever I said that I didn’t know. She said that I was lying but I really don’t know who they are. Who are they?" I asked.


The king had a nostalgic look in his eye upon hearing the words ‘Tigiti’ and ‘Chosen One’. When he spoke, he looked out the window, lost in memories.


"The year was 1266. Saja had stacked a rebellion against the royal family, much like she is doing as we speak. Once Saja had reached the vampire royal castle, the royal family's vampire soldiers fought her rebellion, but Saja's forces were too strong, and she got in to the castle. But she had insufficient troops to fight the vampire council, who were the very last line of defense before the vampire royal family. Had she waited a month more, the world would be very different than it is today. After the battle, Saja was apprehended, but escaped mere minutes before her execution. After she escaped, maybe a few days later, a brave soul whom we call Tigiti rose to duty, and vowed that he would hunt down Saja, and hunt down Saja he did. The world in which he did so was not Ectoclis, the world in which he did so was known as Drottingheim. It was there, atop the highest, most ancient peak of the Drottingheim Mountains that Tigiti managed to kill Saja, or so he thought. Ever since then, Tigiti was prepared. He had an idea that if Saja ever rose from her ancient grave, Tigiti would have a Chosen One. The chosen one is destined to kill Saja at any cost. When one Chosen One dies, another is born, and the cycle continues. I wonder where the chosen one is right now." The king finished.


He looked back at me.


"It has been a long time since I last retold that story. Thank you for getting me to tell it again, this way it is not entirely forgotten." He said to me.


“You’re welcome.” I said.


I looked out the window myself and found that it was almost dusk. I decided to leave the table. I roamed the castle until I was tired, when evening came, the king bade me good night. I said the same to him. I went upstairs to the room that I slept in last time. I collapsed onto the bed and shut my eyes.


I awoke in darkness. It was the middle of the night. I looked outside my window and saw the moon. I don’t know what woke me at this hour. I looked around for any form of clue. I gave up after a couple of minutes. Just then I heard a scratching noise. No, it was thudding. Footsteps. The king burst into my room and looked out the window. He looked worried, his worried expression made me a little on edge.


"What is it, king?" I asked.


 


He turned to face me.


“We are under attack by a small group of vampires.” He said solemnly.


I was shocked. Vampires were coming for us? This meant that the ‘proper training’ that the queen mentioned earlier that night will need to wait.


"How many is a small group?" I asked the king.


“Twenty six.” Came his reply.


Funny, that was the same answer Lisa gave Mrs. Lark that day in science. I don't know why I remember that memory, but it didn't matter. The queen and Luna came into my room, too.


“What is it?” asked the queen.


“A small group of twenty six vampires are coming for us. Do you know something about this?” The king asked me.


I decided to tell them what I knew.


“Yes, when Luna rescued me that night, I was in my cell when Saja told me about her and Lexan’s plans to overthrow the vampire royal family, and they probably assumed that I was brought here, seeing as I was with Luna." I said.


The king thought about this.


"They probably want to ensure that we do not thwart Saja’s plans.” Said the king.


“What should we do?” asked the queen, she was getting paranoid at this point.


“There is only one thing to do. We stand and fight." Said the king.


“That is what I like to hear!” Luna said enthusiastically.


The queen placed a hand on her daughter’s shoulder.


“Now, now Luna. You are a princess. Please act like it.” She chastised.


“Sorry, mother. Nothing ever exciting happens around here, and something finally does happen. I cannot help but be excited!” Luna said.


 


We all ran down to the castle’s main gate. It was there that we met the vampires. The male who was leading laughed.


“Hand over the boy and no one gets hurt.” He said.


He looked at the four of us, the king, the queen, Luna, and I. After a few moments no one said anything. The male chuckled.


"Have it your way." He said.


With that he lunged at Luna, but Luna was quick. She grabbed him by either side of the waist and tossed him into the castle moat. She and her family shifted into their wolf forms.


 


I just readied myself for impact. I had no weapon and no proper training to kill vampires. A male vampire charged me. Fear and anger wafted through my mind. I grabbed his forehead without thinking, mindful of the fangs and tossed him into the castle moat using his own momentum.


“Take that, leech!” I taunted him.


A female charged me, I was hardly ready. I rolled out of the way just in time to dodge its charge. These vampires weren't very smart, I could probably use that against them. Another came at me. It was a female.


“Die now human!” She yelled.


Before I could utter a witty comeback, she knocked me into the castle wall and I could see her fangs. Fear filled my heart. They were going to plunge into my throat when Luna pulled her of me and tossed her into the moat. Gratitude flowed through me.


 


I smiled in acknowledgment and she exposed her teeth in what I thought was supposed to be a smile. A new vampire, a male charged me and dodged him, he fell into the castle moat. I laughed tauntingly at him and got ready for another vampire to attack me. To confirm my earlier suspicion, they were not very smart. I moved on to the edge of the draw bridge. I saw that Luna and the queen were fighting the last two.


“That was a little easy.” Luna said.


Her father nodded.


“I agree.” Said the king.


“They are not very smart, or skilled at fighting. They must not have been vampires very long.” Luna said.


“That means that Saja is getting desperate for soldiers and is creating vampires to stop us from thwarting her without training them first.” The queen said.


“We should go to the nearest village, which would be libel, and free it of the vampires.” Suggested Luna.


“That sounds good.” Agreed the queen.


“I don’t think we should stay here very much longer in case Saja sends more vampires our way.” I agreed.


Our plan started to take shape. Luna led us in a direction that could have been North, South, East or West, or were they called something completely different here on Ectoclis? We walked for a few minutes and came across an old looking town, by Earth’s standards at least.


“Libel.” The queen said.


We entered the front gates and saw this town was overrun by vampires. The town was very small, consisting of merely a collection of houses, a church, an inn, a few shops, and a few other smaller buildings. Libel was very, very small. Even the houses were small, standing at only eight feet high! Some of the houses had small fenced in areas behind them with crops growing inside the fence area. The villages was alive with activity, we could see quite a few vampires leading prisoners and what looked to be slaves all through the village. The little church bell rang as came the first stroke of midnight. I looked upwards to see that the moon was high in the night sky.


“I suggest we look around for clues regarding the royal family.” I said.


“Good idea.” The king said.


“Nick, would you like to look in the church over there? There should be books in there. Maybe one of them will give us what we are looking for.” Luna suggested.


“Sure.” I said.


I looked in the church that Luna indicated. It was right behind me and as I walked through the door I saw a bookshelf and looked in it. One book interested me. It was entitled: vampire royalty. I opened it and read.


 


 


 


The vampire royal family originated with the first vampires created.


 


Even the vampire royals today are dependents of the original royals.


 


 


 


I put the book down. I heard something. I was startled at the slight sound. It was over in the corner. It was a rustle. Like someone stopping in mid step. I got up. I strained my eyes to see. I saw a male vampire emerge from the darkness. I saw his crimson eyes.


“You are Nick?” He asked.


“Yes, how do you know my name? Who are you?” I asked.


The male shook his head, laughing and ignoring my question.


“You are but a youngling. I’ll make quick work of you. ”He said.


He then lunged at me, fangs out. Fangs, why did it have to be fangs? Fear sent a jolt of adrenaline through my system and I grabbed the nearest book, one about three inches thick and smacked him in the side of the head.


 


He grunted and fell to the side. I ran outside as fast as I could. I saw a shovel near the cemetery that was beside the church. I grabbed the shovel and pulled the metal end part off. I sharpened the wood in three seconds off of the metal part, and I had a fairly blunt stake. The vampire was up on his feet. I hid the stake behind my back and he jumped at me. This was it! I held the stake outward and he impaled himself. He screamed in pain and he fell to the ground. Dead. My heart was beating like helicopter blades. I had just narrowly escaped death and I had slayed a vampire. Luna and her parents were behind me in an instant.


“What happened?” Luna asked, eyeing the stake.


“I just killed a vampire.” I said, my voice a little shaky from excitement.


Luna looked surprised.


“How? You have never killed a vampire before!” Luna said in excitement.


“He attacked me, it was just instinct I suppose. " I said.


“For all we know there could be more, I suggest we get out of here quickly.” Said the king.




© 2015 Ryan Henderson


Author's Note

Ryan Henderson
Please tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

411 Views
Added on December 26, 2014
Last Updated on February 7, 2015
Tags: Vampire, Vampires, Fantasy, Fiction, Original

Book One: A Hero's Journey


Author

Ryan Henderson
Ryan Henderson

Cobourg, Ontario, Canada



About
I will review your work if you send me a read request, I like to help writers get off of the ground, I will also suggest ideas for your work if needed. Please note that I don't really like poetry... more..

Writing