Book One Chapter Thirteen: The Abduction

Book One Chapter Thirteen: The Abduction

A Chapter by Ryan Henderson
"

Saja has abducted the royal werewolves and is holding them hostage in order to capture Nick! Does Nick give in and try to save his friends? Does he abandon them at the cost of saving his own life?

"


 


Chapter Thirteen The Abduction: After our conversation I went upstairs to bed, I was tired because of my nightmare last night. I slept very well, with no dreams of Kerulen, or any other fearful creature, but something woke me. I heard a rustling sound. Like a bird flapping. I figured that was probably what it was. I fell asleep yet again, slightly annoyed with the bird that caused the noise. I awoke the next morning and went downstairs. No one was in the kitchen. I figured that Luna, Kai and Luna's parents were tired as well, so I didn't bother waking them. I went upstairs again. I was about to enter my room when out of the corner of my eye I saw something. It was a note on my door. I hadn't noticed it on the way downstairs. It read:


 


Dear Nick,


 


You probably found this note as you went into your room.


 


If you want to see Luna and her parents again, meet me outside the castle at midnight.


 


 I put the note down.


“Saja.” Was all I could say.


At that moment, I was terrified. Saja wanted me to meet her alone, in exchange for Luna and her parents. Did she even want to make a fair trade? Probably not. Fear formed a hard pit in my stomach at the thought of being recaptured and put back into Saja’s prison. I knew it was a trap. But I also knew Saja had Luna and her parents. And I would not let them die. Not after what they had done for me. I wandered the castle and got bored, waiting for the stroke of midnight to approach. I wandered the castle, it was an impressive place, and it was huge and must have taken decades to build. It was a few hours before I found out that I was going around in circles. I was really getting bored. Finally, the moon started to rise. I went outside and waited, just in case Saja decided to come early. I heard someone coming. Whoever it was, was waiting behind the door. I turned around and saw Saja. My heart jumped with fear. I took a deep breath to calm myself. I couldn’t let Saja know that I was afraid, even though I truly was.

“What do you want?” I demanded in a voice that made me feel like I had some control over the situation.

“Are you unarmed?” Saja asked, ignoring my question.

“Yes.” I said, feeling stupid having not thinking of bringing a weapon.

"I don't believe you." Saja said bluntly.

She walked over to me and patted me down, just like a police officer would do before escorting you into custody.

Saja frowned.

"My, my, you really are more stupid than I initially thought." She said.

I didn’t have time to feel offended at Saja’s remark. Before my eyes Saja sprouted black wings from her shoulder blades. Awe and wonder filled me. That was new, couldn't she have just used those to fly out of the pit back in her castle when I first fought her? It must've been new. I remembered the book Saja gave me saying something about vampires having abilities and having yet to discover them. Saja flew at me and grabbed me. Fear engulfed me. Was I going back to Saja's prison? Was she going to bite me again? So much for a fair negotiation, not that I expected one.

***

I woke up chained, much like I had been when Saja first captured me. I looked around and saw Luna and her parents, they were chained beside me in the same manner. Luna had a panicked look in her eye. Her parents were awake too. A minute later Saja walked in along with Lexan. “Well, well, well. An escapee and three royal werewolves.” Saja said in the arrogant tone that I hated.

I forced myself to make eye contact with Saja. I couldn’t be afraid of her anymore. Now that we all knew Saja’s plan I had a strong feeling that since Luna, her parents and I were going to stop her from achieving her sinister goals, I needed to learn to overcome my fear of Saja.

“I’ll escape just like I did last time.” I said to Saja.

Saja looked at me with those unnerving crimson eyes. It took all that I had to hold her gaze.

“Is that so?” She asked slowly.

“Yes, it is.” I told her.

There was a moment of silence. It was Saja who broke it.

"Now, where is Tigiti, and who is the Chosen One?" Asked Saja.

Frustration filled me. I now knew about the Chosen One and Tigiti, but I didn’t know where they were! Was Saja going to bite me again?

"Argh! I told you before, I don't know!" I yelled.

Even though I knew now who Tigiti was, but not who the Chosen One was. My defiance only enraged Saja, but it also seemed to amuse her.

"You do not seem to understand the position that you're in. So if I were you, I would talk now, before something regrettable happens." Saja said threateningly.

I looked Saja in the eyes as if I wasn’t completely terrified.

“I have nothing to say.” I said with finality.

Saja walked out of the room. She looked back over her shoulder.

"You will tell me what I want to know, believe me, you will." She said.

Dread overcame me. If I had brought a weapon, this would have been a lot easier.

“Well, this could have gone better.” I told Luna, the king and queen.

“I agree.” Said Luna.

“Don’t worry. We will escape in time.” I told her.

“Do you have a plan?” asked Luna.

“Well, not yet.” I said.

I examined the room. I was chained by my arms and ankles and there was a half an inch thick metal brace on my neck so in the event that I do get free I would be hung. I thought about a plan. I figured that if I do get my hands and ankles free I could grab the chain that secures my metal neck brace so my air wouldn't be cut off, and swing across to the opening Saja comes through. But then how would I get the neck shackle off? I felt around to see if there was anything that would give me an idea. I felt on my brace to my left a little key hole. I figured if I could get a fork or something I could pick it. We were suspended over a pit so I didn’t know where I could get a fork. I looked at Luna and her parents.

“I have a plan. But we need something thin, a lock pick or something like that.” I said.

The king laughed.

“Where will we get one of those? We are chained up, mind you. And Saja is no fool, she will not leave a lock pick within reach of her prisoners.” The king said with annoyance in his voice.

I sagged my head. It was a stupid plan, but it was all we had. I heard Luna open her mouth.

“Or…” Luna trailed off.

In an instant she shifted to her wolf form. She tried to break the chain but nothing happened.

“That would have broken any normal chain.” Luna said, confused.

“Who said Saja has us chained in normal chains?” I asked.

“Saja is clever.” Said the king.

“We need weapons.” I said.

“A wooden stake or a silver sword.” The queen added.

I thought we could not get out of here. I saw no way. I was always told “when there is a will there’s a way.” But not this time. We were chained and suspended over a pit by seemingly enchanted chains. I saw no way out. The door opened but it was not Saja. It was a female vampire. She had long brown hair, she was a little taller than me, she had pale skin, red eyes, and she was pretty thin. “Saja has asked me to watch over you.” She said. Well, Saja had a henchman, or henchwoman, to watch us, which increased our odds of survivability by a little, assuming that this new vampire was not as cunning as Saja. We waited in silence for over an hour. Finally, I got bored.

“What is your name?” I asked the henchwoman.

“Lauren.” She said.

I nodded.

"Why do you ask?" Asked Lauren.

"I don't know, I just wanted to break the silence." I told her.

She nodded and watched us. I got the feeling that Saja was considering the fact that we might escape and kill her, so she sent a guard.

I kept thinking of a plan to escape. I thought and thought. Nightfall came and we all fell asleep. I awoke to the sound of an angry voice. I looked to Luna and her parents but they were asleep. It was Lauren. “I never wanted to be a vampire!” she whispered harshly.

“I needed a guard.” I heard Saja say. I had to keep my head down so it looked like I was asleep.

“I hate killing things to survive!” Lauren said.

“You have eternal life and you are almost indestructible. I do not understand why you would be upset.” Saja said.

“That is because you have no heart!” Lauren replied shrilly.

I heard a solid thud, which I presumed was Lauren being slammed against the wall.

"You will respect me in time.” Saja said.

Saja assumed that she would get a lot of things 'in time' but she was wrong. I heard someone leave the room. I looked up slightly through my hair and found that Saja had left. I formulated a plan, but I would have to wait until morning. I tried to concentrate on nothing. It didn’t help. I ran over the plan in my head. I would bribe Lauren with the fact that if she helps us escape we will find a way to make her human again. It was simple, but it could work. I eventually fell asleep. In the morning I looked at Luna and her parents to see that they were awake. I looked over to check if Lauren was still there. She was. I thought carefully. There was always the chance that she could refuse and tell Saja about our escape plan.




© 2015 Ryan Henderson


Author's Note

Ryan Henderson
Please tell me what you think :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

381 Views
Added on December 26, 2014
Last Updated on February 7, 2015
Tags: Vampire, Vampires, Fiction, Fantasy, Original

Book One: A Hero's Journey


Author

Ryan Henderson
Ryan Henderson

Cobourg, Ontario, Canada



About
I will review your work if you send me a read request, I like to help writers get off of the ground, I will also suggest ideas for your work if needed. Please note that I don't really like poetry... more..

Writing