Book One Chapter Twenty Seven: Saja's Statement

Book One Chapter Twenty Seven: Saja's Statement

A Chapter by Ryan Henderson
"

Saja infiltrates the presidential building in Sven. She has a message for Nick that she orders President Anderson to convey... if he wishes to live.

"


Chapter Twenty Seven Saja’s Statement:


Hemlon Outskirts, Artemis. Saja’s point of view.


The wind whipped Saja's blonde hair as she flew down from Hemlon, using her wings to control herself. The Subspace Corruptor, the black object with the glowing purple markings in each if its faces had she had stolen from Nick was in her pocket. She had Luna and Kai in her arms. She glided down on black wings and landed inside of Sven quietly, out of sight of the guards. She moved quietly into the presidential building, but stopped. She took some rope out of her pocket, and tied Kai to a post, who was already gagged.


"Just in case you get any ideas about stopping me." Saja said to Kai.


"Luna, watch him. I won't be long." Saja ordered.


Saja had a plan. She was going to tell President Anderson of Sven to pass a message on to Nick, for she could not so it herself, Nick would kill her!


Saja stealthily flew up to the top of the dark purple building that houses the president of Sven. She flew on to the balcony. The balcony led into a room. The room was not lit very well and there were guards scattered around the room. There were a few standing by a large metal door, and the rest were walking around the room. The guards were spaced out. In order for Saja’s plan to work, she could not raise any alarm. She clutched The Subspace Corruptor in her hands and walked slowly around the edge of the room. The nearest guard was the farthest from the room that was being guarded. She knew that this is where President Anderson of Sven was sleeping. She came up behind the closest guard and quickly and quietly, broke his neck. The guard fell limp silently. She stabbed the tip of the corruptor into his back and she felt a warm glow surrounding her.


She emerged from the shadows and looked at her hands. Her hands were gloved like the man's. She picked up the stave.


"Hey, Mendum! The guards are meeting over here, come on!" called a young woman.


Mendum must be the name of the man she had just killed. Saja went over to where the young woman had beckoned her and heard their conversation.


"Our sentries have seen two people, a man and a woman. They were outside the presidential building and one had bite marks on him, a vampire prisoner no doubt." Said a man, one of the older people in the room.


Kai! Saja thought in alarm.


"There is no question it is Saja that left them there. It can be no other vampire. No other vampire has penetrated this city." The older man continued.


There were worried mumbles among the guards.


"Saja has already breached our defenses. There is no telling where she is now.” Said one of the other guards, a male.


"She could be in this very building! She could be listening to these very words!" Cried a female guard.


Just then, the woman who called Saja over to the meeting started sniffing the air.


“Mendum, you smell different." The woman observed strangely.


Saja shook her head.


"Really? It must be the air outside, I was out for a few minutes. “She explained.


Her voice even sounded like a man's too.


"What do you make of that young boy and his friends? Do you really think he will kill Saja? After all, he does know quite a lot about her. The way I heard it, the boy who came to visit President Anderson a few hours ago claimed to know how Saja fights, and how she thinks.” Said one of the other female guards.


"I have a feeling that this boy is bluffing. He is probably merely a local boy who is lying to President Anderson to gain his good will.” Declared one of the male guards.


Saja looked out the skylight above. The moon was setting, it was getting to be the early hours of morning.


"I have to go speak with the president." Saja said, almost laughing at how her voice sounded like the man’s voice.


“About what?” Asked one of the female guards.


“Just about security measures we are taking to prevent Saja from getting farther into the building.” Saja lied casually.


“Fair enough. Do not be too long, Mendum. You are known to slack off.” Warned one of the older guards.


Saja then went to the door of the room that was being guarded. The two guards at the door stepped aside. Saja reached out and turned the handle to the door, opened it halfway and stepped in. She closed it on her way in.


"I have a few words for you, so listen closely." Saja said quietly.


Saja saw movement in the darkness.


“What? Who is this?” Came a voice that undoubtedly belonged to President Anderson.


“Mendum.” Saja declared in a whisper.


“Mendum? Why do you wake me from my slumber?” Asked President Anderson.


Saja then used vampire speed to quickly but silently sprint across the room to the president’s bed. She then held her hand out and put it over President Anderson’s mouth, silencing whatever words were going to come out of it.


"Listen closely, I am not going to kill you because of the guards outside, but I have a message for you to pass on to Nick. Tell him I will be meeting him to make an exchange in front of this building tomorrow at noon, if he brings any guards, he can forget about getting Kai back." Saja said quietly.


President Anderson gaped at her.


"Mendum! What is the meaning of such harsh words?" yelled President Anderson.


Saja then turned and bolted for the door. She opened it and sprinted out. She heard the guards murmuring.


“Mendum! Where are you going?” Saja heard one of the other male guards yell after her.


Saja didn't kill the guards because she did not want any unwanted attention, even though she could kill them all easily. Saja ran down a corridor, turning away from the other guards.


“Mendum! Wait!” Yelled the male guard who had called her earlier.


Saja decided to stop running. After all, she had already gathered attention, she did not want suspicion on her case.


“Yes? What do you want?” Asked Saja.


“Why are you running? What happened?” Asked the male guard.


“Nothing, I just need to get some air.” Saja lied quickly, in a rush to get Kai and Luna and escape to safety until noon tomorrow.


"I do not think you are who you appear to be. I heard what you said to President Anderson." The guard said.


Saja remained calm, even on the brink of discovery.


“Sir, I can explain everything.” Saja said slowly.


The councilman nodded.


“Very well." he said.


He and Saja took the stairs down to the lobby. The lobby was alive with activity, a live band playing soft, slow music on string instruments was audible. Saja and the guard weaved their way through the dancing bodies of the men and women who were down in the lobby and went out into the night. Saja led the guard down a quiet, deserted street. When she made sure no one was looking, Saja leaned over to the guard. She whispered in his ear.


“I am not who I appear to be.” She said.


Before the guard had time to react, she bit the guard on the right side of his neck. He gasped.


Saja felt the warmth of her human disguise melt away to her usual cold.


"Saja!" The man gasped.


He was barely alive. Saja began sucking the sweet blood from the poor man’s body. When she was done, his eyes then rolled back in his head and he was dead. Saja threw his body aside, hiding him in a nearby bush. Saja then ran back to the pole Kai was tied to. She found that Kai was not there. Luna and Kai ran from the bushes nearby.


"Saja! We heard people coming, so I had to untie him and hide." Luna explained.


Saja was furious, she was discovered.


"You were caught! You two raised alarm! We have to leave the presidential square until Nick gets back here, I have a trade to make with him, and I will trade him Kai for his shard of the Essence of Life that he found, I will then find the other pieces and resurrect the Black Reqrium." Saja chuckled to herself.


“Wait, what? Surely you are joking!” Luna exclaimed.


“No, I assure you that I am not.” Saja said.


“You plan to resurrect the Black Reqrium, the epitome of evil?” Luna gasped.


“You are indeed correct. She can help me crush Nick and his rebels. After all, it had been a while since I have seen my dear friend.” Saja added with a grin.


The three then ran off into the night.


 


***




© 2015 Ryan Henderson


Author's Note

Ryan Henderson
Please tell me what you think :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

399 Views
Added on December 26, 2014
Last Updated on February 11, 2015
Tags: Vampire, Vampires, Fiction, Fantasy, Original

Book One: A Hero's Journey


Author

Ryan Henderson
Ryan Henderson

Cobourg, Ontario, Canada



About
I will review your work if you send me a read request, I like to help writers get off of the ground, I will also suggest ideas for your work if needed. Please note that I don't really like poetry... more..

Writing