Book Two Chapter Fifteen: Theodore Dickonson

Book Two Chapter Fifteen: Theodore Dickonson

A Chapter by Ryan Henderson
"

Nick saves a man and his group from a Kerulen attack. The man offers Nick and his friends the chance to join his group. Does he take the deal?

"

Chapter Fifteen Theodore Dickonson: We stayed hidden from the looters. I had a fleeting thought that these people had a connection with Saja, and it was a possibility, but it is unlikely. I looked closely at the closest one, about ten feet away, he had a silver knife in his hand, and had no evidence of any other weapon. I thought for a moment that we could overpower him, but the others would hear us, and that would be trouble. Behind us, down the road we heard footsteps.

"The school's empty." One of the looters whispered.

A few more came from the residential area ahead, they carried plastic bags full of supplies.

"All right, let's clear out." whispered the guy who seemed to be the leader.

Then it happened. A group of about seven Kerulen emerged from the shadows. All of the looters stopped in their tracks.

“What the…?” Asked one of the looters.

"Well, well, well. You humans know very well that this is Kerulen territory." She said slowly, not in anger, not with any emotion.

She walked up to the lead looter.

"And what did we say would happen if you set foot here again?" She asked slowly, like an adult talking to a stupid child.

The leader just froze. So did his followers.   

"You knew very well that you would find us here." Said a male Kerulen.

“You thought we wouldn't hear you giving orders to your men and women?" One of the men from the Kerulen group spoke up.

“J-Jessica, we’re only trying to survive. I know we had a deal, but…” The lead looter trailed off.

“Aren’t we all? We would be doing the same thing by killing the lot of you.” The female Kerulen, Jessica said.

I didn't know how I acted this quickly, but I knew that the Kerulen would kill him, I had seen enough people die. In seconds I flipped off the safety of the rifle, shot from the hip and shot Jessica, the bullet caught her on an angle, but still pierced clean through her heart.

“Hey!” A male Kerulen yelled.

Two Kerulen were on me in an instant. I flipped the rifle sideways, blocking them from biting me. I held them at bay long enough for the looters to stab them through the hearts from the back with their knives.

Thankfully, no one was bitten. We had warded off the Kerulen, a few managed to escape. The lead looter turned to me.

"You mate," Said the leader, pointing his knife at me. "Are a life saver." He added.

He then flipped his knife up to his forearm so it was the opposite angle from when it was before.

“The name's Theodore Dickonson." He held out his hand.

I debated on telling him my real name. If he had a connection with Saja, it's best that they didn't know my real name, or who I was. I did some quick thinking. I shook his hand.

“The name's Ceisul Grant. This is Lucy, William and Scott." I said, gesturing to Lisa, Eric and Tim.

My friends gave me questioning looks. 'Trust me' I mouthed, hiding my silent words from Theodore and his group. Although I knew that Lisa, Eric and Tim had no clue what I was doing, I also knew that they did indeed trust me. I felt bad about the fact that we were going to steal from them, I don't know why, but I decided not to do it.



© 2015 Ryan Henderson


Author's Note

Ryan Henderson
Please tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on March 18, 2015
Last Updated on March 18, 2015
Tags: Teen, Original, Humor, Action, Fantasy, Suspense, Vampires, Vampire, Sequel


Author

Ryan Henderson
Ryan Henderson

Cobourg, Ontario, Canada



About
I will review your work if you send me a read request, I like to help writers get off of the ground, I will also suggest ideas for your work if needed. Please note that I don't really like poetry... more..

Writing