Alcingeria Chapter Sixty One: No Turning Back

Alcingeria Chapter Sixty One: No Turning Back

A Chapter by Ryan Henderson
"

Estaire calls another meeting. They formulate the plan that's going to prevent the war that will throw Alcingeria into chaos!

"

Chapter Sixty One No Turning Back:

Thursday July 8th 1690         

A few hours had passed since we spoke with Estaire. She had told us that she would do all that she could to find out where Queen Yuka’s research and development facility is. Did she have more than one? That hardly mattered at this point. We had two days to stop the war that would throw Alcingeria into Chaos.

I sat in my room with Lawrence. I was pacing the length of the room, as I had been for the last few minutes.

            “Is… Something wrong, sir?” Lawrence asked nervously.

I couldn’t tell him about how my friends and I had to stop one of the biggest wars of all time. I didn’t think he’d tell the Queen, but I simply couldn’t risk it. With the plan already in place, all we had to do now was find out where the Queen’s research and development facility is. A simple slip up now would turn out to be a catastrophic failure.

            “Erm… Sir?” Lawrence asked to get my attention.

            “What? No, nothing’s wrong.” I brushed him off.

I could tell Lawrence wanted to say something, but he didn’t question me.

            “Queen Yuka plans to invade Delron, are you nervous about that?” Lawrence asked.

I stopped pacing for a second. I nodded and continued pacing.

            “I think everyone is. Alcingeria has been in peace for a very long time. I think everyone is wondering how this war will turn out, everyone is worried for the peace.” Lawrence explained.

Of course, I already knew who was going to win the war, that is if the others and I didn’t stop it first.

Just then, a knock came at my door. Lawrence opened the door. On the other side was Stella.

            “Hello, Miss Hannigan. How may I help you?” Lawrenc asked.

Stella looked taken aback, her blue eyes widened in surprise.

            “How do you know my last name?” She asked.

Lawrence chuckled, sill eyeing her.

            “I am a servant. I make it my business to know who is staying in the castle.” He laughed.

Stella nodded, then blinked nervously.

            “Anyway… I’m looking for Redmond.” She said, looking straight at me.

            “Of course.” Lawrence told her.

He turned and wave me over. I walked anxiously over to Stella. Did she have news?

            “What is it, Stella?” I asked.

            “The others are having a meeting in Princess Estaire’s room.” Stella whispered so Lawrence wouldn’t hear.

I nodded slowly and turned to Lawrence.

            “I need to go take care of something. I’ll be back soon.” I told him.

Lawrence frowned as if he wanted to inquire, but he shook his head.

            “Yes sir, see you soon.” He replied.

I then walked nervously out of my room with Stella. I close my bedroom door.

            “Any news?” I asked.

Stella nodded quickly and excitedly.

            “I’ve heard a few guards discussing how almost all the machine guns are imbued with dark magic now. Redmond, if we don’t stop this war…” Stella trailed off grimly.

            “I know.” I cut in before she could say any more.

I knew what would happen if we failed to stop the war, I didn’t need to be reminded.

            “Do you know what the Princess wants?” I asked.

            “No, she didn’t say. She said she’d discuss it when we were all present. That’s why I came to get you.” Stella explained.

We walked down the familiar staircase and into the grand entry hall. We saw a few guards headed here and there. Men dressed in military uniforms hurried back and forth. We both stopped and watched them.

            “I’ve noticed that every time I see someone in a military uniform, it’s always a man.” Stella remarked as she watched the troops.           

            “That’s because girls can’t fight.” I joked.

I laughed out loud while Stella just gave me a competitive glare.

            “I’ll show you who can fight!” She said, emphasizing her word with a shove.

Despite her effort, she barely even moved me.

            “You were saying?” I asked as we continued to walk along.

            “Oh, shut up!” She whined.

I chuckled. I had nothing against female warriors. However I had seen very, very few. None of them were in a military. They were all freelance mercenaries.

Stella and I walked through the throne room foyer and into the throne room. We walked to the door to the Princess’s quarters. We walked right in, not bothering to knock. We found Princess Estaire and our friends gathered around the room.

            “Ah, there you are, Redmond.” Estaire exclaimed with a clap.

I shut the door behind us as Stella and I walked up to the others.

            “What’s this about, Estaire?” William asked.

            “Did you find out where your mom’s research things are?” Walden asked excitedly.

Estaire nodded grimly.

            “Yes, I have discovered the location of my mother’s research and development facility. She has only one.” She explained.

            “That’s great!” Erin exclaimed.

            “We may stand a chance against the Queen after all.” Raymond muttered.

After our short celebration, it was time to get down to business.

            “So, where is the research facility?” Edwin asked.

            “We need to destroy it.” Edward said firmly.

            “I agree.” Macalister plainly stated.

Estaire closed her eyes in doubt and depression.

            “What’s the matter?” Ceberus asked.

Estaire sighed and opened her eyes. She looked to all of us.

            “It won’t be as easy as that. The storehouses and research facility are all guarded by…” Estaire trailed off.

            “By what?” William asked with an arched eyebrow.

            “By vampires.” Estaire told us all.

I shuddered, Erin let out a frightened cry.

            “Despite that, we need to stop the war.” Erin said with renewed confidence.

Edwin punched the air with his fist, a grin upon his face.

            “Yes! We need to avenge Gerald Baldwin! We need to carry out his last wish!” He cried.

            “Captain Baldwin will be properly honored!” Darwin added.

            “Gerald was a good man, I’m sorry that he had to die because he stood up for what was right.” I told them.

Edwin looked to me, a small smile cracked his lips.

            “If there’s a good way to go, the way Gerald went is a good one. He died standing up for what was right; what he believed in.” Edwin said, his voice was full of passion.

            “I liked Gerald, too.” Macalister said sadly.

            “We all did, Macalister.” Robert told him.

Estaire cleared her throat.

            “I’m sorry to interrupt your lament, but we have a war to stop.” She said, all business.

Edwin stiffened, adjusting his shirt.

            “Right then!” He said.

            “I don’t know about you all, but I’m ready to kick some vampire butt!” Antoinette said with a big smile.

            “Same here!” Tabatha cried enthusiastically.

Don grinned and kissed her on the cheek.

            “Are we going to let a couple of blood suckers stand in the way of stopping the war?” Macalister asked, cracking his knuckles.

            “Nah, I’ll torch ‘em before they even get close to y’all!” Walden yelled.

            “Then it’s settled. I’ll let you all know when the best time to attack is. In the meantime, get yourselves ready. We could need to attack at a moment’s notice and time is of the essence.” Estaire said, her voice full of purpose.

            “There’s no turning back now. We’ve reached the point of no return.” Ceberus said somberly.

            “We’re going to do this.” William reassured his friend.

            “You all need to leave right now. Go, I’ll send for you when the time is right!” Estaire urged.

We all filed out of the Princess’s room and met up in the main entryway of the castle.

            “Are we all clear on the plan?” Robert asked.

Edwin nodded, leaning in close.

            “We are. My men and I will target the weapon storehouses, you all should target the research and development facility.” Edwin proposed.

Robert nodded in understanding.

            “Agreed. We’ll need more people to take out the research facility.” He remarked.

            “Exactly. That’s where they manufacture the machine guns, which is how the Queen is planning on winning the war. We’ll bring you explosives when we’re done with the weapon storehouses.” Edwin told him.

            “Sounds good.” Don added.

There was an uneasy silence as we were reminded of what was at stake, and what would happen if we didn’t stop the war.

            “There isn’t anything we can do just yet. Estaire will let us know when to attack. We should get some sleep while we can.” Raymond advised.

            “I agree. Just think guys, all this will be over soon.” Francella added.

            “Yeah, we just gotta not screw this up.” Walden laughed.

After saying our good nights (well it was more like late afternoon, but still) we all went to our rooms. Lawrence was waiting for me in mine.

            “Hello sir. I’ve noticed that the Princess seems to have taken a liking to you and your friends.” He remarked.

I just chuckled and scratched the back of my head.

            “Indeed she has. Anyway, I’m going to bed. I’m pretty tired.” I told Lawrence, already crawling under the blankets.

            “Sir, it’s only six in the evening.” Lawrence told me in a surprised tone.

I didn’t respond. Lawrence just shrugged and left the room. I closed my eyes and let sleep come.

 

***

 



© 2015 Ryan Henderson


Author's Note

Ryan Henderson
Please tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

388 Views
Added on June 7, 2015
Last Updated on June 7, 2015
Tags: Medieval, Vampire, Vampires, Fiction, Fantasy, Teen, Original

Alcingeria


Author

Ryan Henderson
Ryan Henderson

Cobourg, Ontario, Canada



About
I will review your work if you send me a read request, I like to help writers get off of the ground, I will also suggest ideas for your work if needed. Please note that I don't really like poetry... more..

Writing