Running High: UnderCity

Running High: UnderCity

A Story by David Jae
"

Teaser for my new book, now available on Kindle.

"
Sozui lay flat on the rooftop, his electro-binoculars pressed to his eyes, scanning the Bazaar. Even from up here, sounds and smells drifted up to him and he wrinkled his nose in distaste.
I don't know how they can stand it...
His train of thought stopped as he saw movement and he refocused his binoculars on the figure running across the rooftop. As he zoomed in, he saw that it was a woman, her black hair streaked with red highlights. As he watched, she dropped over the edge of a rooftop and into the Bazaar, heading towards a stall with an orange banner and disappearing inside.
Runner. He thought, putting away his binoculars and pulling out his grapnel gun...




'Hey, Hidetora.' Ruriko said, reaching into her backpack. 'I've got your package.'
She handed it over and Hidetora opened the plain brown package to reveal the book inside. The cover was faded, the letters on the front faded and there was a musty smell.
'Thank you, my girl.' Hidetora said, pulling out a small stack of cred coins and handing them to her. 'I won't ask where you got it from. Can you stay for some tea? I don't get to see you that often.'
'Sorry.' Ruriko said. 'I've got another job to do. I'll try and drop in tomorrow, though.'
'Alright. Watch out for yourself.'
'I always do.' She said, giving him a wink as she headed back onto the street. Quickly, she glanced around, ducking into the nearest alley and scrambling up onto the rooftop.
Something's not right...
She thought, just as she heard the click of a pistol safety being released.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/UnderCity-Running-Vol-1-David-Jae-ebook/dp/B0117E7ZGO/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1436429600&sr=1-1&keywords=UnderCity%3A+Running+High

© 2015 David Jae


Author's Note

David Jae
Teaser for my new story published on Kindle. If you enjoyed this, please follow the link below and support an aspiring writer. Thank you.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/UnderCity-Running-Vol-1-David-Jae-ebook/dp/B0117E7ZGO/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1436429600&sr=1-1&keywords=UnderCity%3A+Running+High

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent man! Had me defiantly checking into it on Kindle. Good promoting as well. Keep it up!

Posted 8 Years Ago


David Jae

8 Years Ago

Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.
This is wild...good teaser...don't understand setting and place, but interesting nonetheless, which is good for a read-on

Posted 8 Years Ago


David Jae

8 Years Ago

Thank you. The full book is available on Amazon Kindle. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Well, this small piece of writing is enough to make me want to read the book. With just the opening sentence I met the character and how he felt in that moment and I got to now the setting.
But if I may give you some advice in concern with this line:
-The cover was "faded", the letters on the front "faded"-
I would recommend you to try to avoid repeating a word like this, I know you're great at describing.
Good luck!

Posted 8 Years Ago


David Jae

8 Years Ago

Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. The full version is on Kindle.
Intriguing start will have to check out the story

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

David Jae

8 Years Ago

Thank you. I hope you enjoy it. Feedback and constructive criticism would be very welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 9, 2015
Last Updated on July 9, 2015
Tags: Parkour, Dystopia, Prison, Cityscape, Military, Martial Arts