gourmet meal

gourmet meal

A Story by db_at_sewb
"

short, rather odd story i wrote at like 5 am/ this is a flash story kinda .... short, short.

"

 

"Ok, I didn't want to complain, but appartment four stinks really bad."  the young man waits for the fat man to say anything. He gets a blank stare instead, " well why dont you go and check on the tenant? Isn't she like eighty? "  he waits for a reply but only draws the same dumb stare. "Well im going to see if everything is fine, and find out what that smell is."  Making his way down the hall the man is cursing his land lord under his breath, " fat slob" . He reaches room four and knocks, holding one hand over his face. He knocks again, and hears a feint thud. " hello, is anyone in there?" knocking again, a little harder he know hears a louder thud. Reaching out for the handle, he turns , and the door slowly creaks open. Upon entering the appartment, the young man turns and starts to vomit, looking back over at the old woman, nibbling away at the face of a dead cat, he turns away and resumes his vomitting. As if she is awoken from a trance, the old woman looks toward him , " would you like something to eat sweet heart? " She gets up from the sofa and takes a step toward the man before he burst out into the hallway, then falling to the floor. "oh god, somebody help me!"  The first person out their door was the land lord, he stuck his head out, looked down at the young man on the floor, and shook his head, dissapearing back into his room. Others slowly emerged from their appartments, "she is eating dead cats! thats what the smell was, "  his neighbors looked at him skeptically, " go in there, look for yourselves."

 After they had taken the old woman away, the young man made the walk down to his landlords room. He knocked softly at first, and then it was a booming pound, there was nothing said , but the door was opened. Waiting for something to be said, nothing, so he entered . Pushing the door open, he was hit with another strange smell, not as bad as the womans place had been, but it was bad. " I really need to talk to you, why wouldnt you go and check on her?  hey, where are you?  come out here."  The young man made his way back through the small hall and toward the back bedroom. Upon entering he found the fat man sitting in the corner eating what appeared to be a cats tail. As the young man reacted with revulsion, and started to vomit again , the land lord saw him for the first time, " you want some?"

 

© 2008 db_at_sewb


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

LoL Ew! If that's the first thing that you wake up thinking then I'm afraid of the kind of dreams you have. Anyway, good story, a little disgusting, but good. It needs some work, though. Little things like fixing the grammatical mistakes and the paragraphing, 'faint thud' not 'feint thud', for example.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Added on June 30, 2008

Author

db_at_sewb
db_at_sewb

toledo, OH



About
i am 25, i have a ten month old son, he's the best thing i got going for me right now. ive been writing for years and now id really like to get something going with it. im up for meeting new people, a.. more..