Forgiveness Comes At Unexpected Moments

Forgiveness Comes At Unexpected Moments

A Story by Delaney Thomas

The day wasn't significant. The song wasn't significant. The time, place, etc. wasn't significant. But the moment was. The moment came suddenly, very unexpected. And the feeling that came with it was also very unexpected. That feeling was forgiveness. And that moment was a sudden flashback to a park where the now forgotten love of my life had taken me for our last date. It wasn't unusual to think back on that day, but it was unusual that I didn't feel a pain in my stomach or an aching in my heart. I then thought of him laying in the parking lot of the movie theatre, acting like an idiot, just like he had on out first date. And in my mind, I thought, "A year had passed, but on the surface, it was as if nothing had changed". And then the word "Forgiveness" flashed across my head. And I genuinly felt it. It had been months, but I know that it's what I need to do. I need to forgive him. The day was just a normal Friday, the song was PunkBitch by 3Oh!3, the time was 2:00, and the place was the shower. But the moment was what had really mattered.

© 2016 Delaney Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on January 15, 2016
Last Updated on January 15, 2016

Author

Delaney Thomas
Delaney Thomas

About
This is Me: I act light but I'm actually very dark. I wish I could go down the rabbit hole with Alice and never come back up. The darkness pretends to be my friend but really just tries to kill me eve.. more..

Writing
How? How?

A Story by Delaney Thomas


Dreams Dreams

A Story by Delaney Thomas