Dreams

Dreams

A Story by Delaney Thomas

I dreamt of you again last night. It was the same as always: we are together, we're happy, nothing could break us. Until something does. Some nights it's a fight, other nights we just fade apart. Last night, we fought about you. But this time, we didn't break up. We didn't scream at each other. We just took some time apart and then you came over to me, hugged me close, and said you loved me. That was the first time you said that to me in any of my dreams. I almost didn't respond because I was so caught up by the thought of it. The words felt so real that I woke up expecting a text with those same words, but when I checked, there were none. Because you don't love me. Not in real life. Only in my dreams. It was sad waking up and realizing that my dreams were only dreams, but I still carry that hope that maybe one day, they won't just be dreams anymore. That one day, I won't even need to dream about you because you'll be with me when I'm awake. But until that day comes, I'll just have to hold you close and love you in my dreams.

© 2016 Delaney Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on October 27, 2016
Last Updated on October 27, 2016

Author

Delaney Thomas
Delaney Thomas

About
This is Me: I act light but I'm actually very dark. I wish I could go down the rabbit hole with Alice and never come back up. The darkness pretends to be my friend but really just tries to kill me eve.. more..

Writing
How? How?

A Story by Delaney Thomas