rotting from the inside out...

rotting from the inside out...

A Poem by deadlife
"

another write for a contest

"

… My love, dreams; my heart; I gave you all of myself

 

I used to live

 

Now I’m just alive.

 

 

 

 

Thank you for nothing!

 

 

 

 

You stabbed my faith again … damn! I let you.

 

 

~I gave you my heart,  gave you my life; and you gave up on me~

 

 

I’m just a piece of hope; nothing much, nothing more

And rotting from the inside out, I still doubt

if you could ever care.

 

I’m shattered all around, broken is the mirror of my voice

I cannot speak; cannot cry

 

But I hear your name echoes within my soul

 

You left me dead and still I need you

 

I hate myself … wish I could hate you too!

© 2010 deadlife


Author's Note

deadlife
Written for the contest 'one letter poem' where you chose the letter and based on the letter you are given the word/phrase (in my case phrase), which will be the *title* of the poem and the poem should be based on it; the is also used in the body of the poem. And it should be within 14 lines.
This is my take on the phrase ~rotting from the inside out~ ... :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
. wow ... and i didn't even think it was for a contest ... i'd love to say that to someone ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


:) very nice.... i wish i could hate you too !

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like it. I especially love the last part, "You left me dead and still I need you
I hate myself … wish I could hate you too!" That is a new take on" I hate myself for loving you." The only line that bothered me was this one: "But I hear your name echoes within my soul" I believe it should just be "echo" because of the singular connotation of the word "name". Loved the poem though. Thank you for checking out the one I posted on facebook. It was pretty old but I came across it and thought it was funny.



Posted 13 Years Ago


O' the brutal battles of the human condition. Good poetic illustration of your emotions. Isn't it grand being human at times.

;)

_____
_____
_ _ _

Posted 13 Years Ago


:P aww..!although i love it anyway but...
as you said "I gave you my heart, gave you my life; and you gave up on me "

it's always a mistake that we think the person gave up on us..but its not the person its always the circumstances and bloody situations who force us to give up.. if you are hurt the other person is also hurt maybe more than you.. So At times we play no role in our life ... it's the circumstances who run our life and drag us to somewhere we cannot come back even if we want to... and that is what we call life.. we have to live it ..we like it or not...still we have to do it..

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

630 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 6, 2010
Last Updated on May 6, 2010
Tags: love, hate

Author

deadlife
deadlife

New Delhi, India



About
I was born. I live. I'll die. I know nothing. Where I came from? Where will I go? I'm ignorant of my existance. I'm uncertain of myself. No beliefs. No religion. No god. Know Go.. more..

Writing
I Believe I Believe

A Poem by deadlife


Pride Pride

A Story by deadlife



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..