In A Small Town Diner

In A Small Town Diner

A Story by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Fears can either motivate us or stop us from living.

"

 

A man frequented the local diner in his small town

somewhere in California.  He went there three to four times a week since his divorce three years ago.  Through this time he built up a special friendship with one of the waitresses.

         One day while they were exchanging witty banter he began to see her in a different light.  That was when he realized he had feelings for her deeper than customer/server.

         He didn’t tell her about his revelation not knowing how she might feel.  Since that emotional epiphany his nerves became shaky like an earthquake when he would visit the establishment.

         He knew from there conversing that she was a single mother of two.  He even began to suspect that she might like him as well.

         After a few months of admiring and wondering he finally got up the nerve to take a chance and ask her out.  After all he had nothing to lose by asking, but by not asking he could lose a second chance at love and happiness.

         He was overwhelmed with shock at her resounding “NO” to the question, but was determined to not give up.

         “I thought you were divorced?”  He inquired.

         “I am.”  She replied half-heartedly.

         “Oh.  Well are you currently seeing someone?”

         “No.”  She replied with a bit of nervousness in her voice.

         “Well then why won’t you go out with me?”  Then trying to take tension out of the conversation said, “Are you washing your hair?”

“No, don’t be silly.”  Sounding a bit agitated.  “But let me answer your question with a question.”

The look on his face let her know she had his full attention in the matter.

“Why would you want to go out with me?”

That is simple,” he stated with enthusiasm.  “My heart races every time I see you.”

“Oh,” was her only reply as she blushed.

“So know tell me, why won’t you go out with me?”

“It is complicated.”  She looked shyly toward the floor.

“Try me,” he stated.

“Well,” she drew in a deep breath then let it out.  “Because my heart races every time I see you.”

 

© 2015 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very delicate and sweet story.
Nice word choice and easy to read

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Why thank you so much :)
literally you have the power to get someone fallen ln love with. Powerful wordings, lovely situations and mind blowing story...... I salute you Sir....

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Why thank you so much.
sounds like love to me,enjoyed the story

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Thank you sir.
 wordman

8 Years Ago

sir,how bout ron..
Well, I think we know how it's going to end! That was very sweet and heartwarming!

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Thank you again hon... glad you liked it.
A surprise ending, but a perfect one. I hope they found love, that's how real they became to me under the influence of this quite lovely poem.

Beccy.

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much... I love surprising people.
Dale I enjoyed this story. The ending caught me by surprise too. Loved how you showed the delicate nature within each charactor..nicely done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Thank you again hon... I am glad the end caught you by surprise cause that is what I wanted :)
I really enjoyed your story. I found it to be both compelling and surprising. Well written with few grammatical questions. Well done!

Peace, Todd

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much.
I wonder how many of these cues we miss throughout our lives. I loved the ending, it was not what I was expecting. And it is interesting that we always assume that we're the vulnerable one, the one with the feelings and the one that is holding back the emotion. It's cool to see it from someone else's point of view.

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights.
Aw, isn't that just how it can be sometimes? I wish the sixteen year-old me knew that girls liked boys as much as we liked them. A cute, real-to-life story, my friend.

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much... glad you liked it.
A nice ending to a very good story my friend. I do like the story with a nice closure. Thank you for sharing the outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Well thank you very much sir.
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome my friend.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

980 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 2, 2015
Last Updated on October 2, 2015

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Answer The Answer

A Poem by JayceeC


Ivor Ivor

A Poem by Tate Morgan