No Sound

No Sound

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 A high pitch noises arises

Sending chills down your spine

And the glass slowly cracks

Right in front of your eyes.

Suddenly all that was clear

Is in fragmented pieces.

 

A sudden loud crash

Breaks up a peaceful night

And you know deep inside

There’s a chance of broken life.

You frightfully realize

It could’ve been you.

 

A lonely wolf’s howl

Brings about a single tear

As those inner insecurities

Magnifies every single fear.

Now the world seems too big

For your small dreams.

 

Without sound there would be no confusion

To mess with your feelings.

 

Without sound there would be no chance

To have your heart broken.

 

Without sound there would be no voices

To say you can’t do it.

 

But without sound there would be

NO SIGN OF LIFE!!

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Like the idea here. You are totally right about the lines 'But without sound there would be NO SIGN OF LIFE!!' - Funny how we all want to live in peace and happiness but need sound - which can be most disturbing feature.
I like the opening as this reminds me of an amplified noise of someone runnning their fingers round the rim of a glass or down a blackboard.


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"No Sound"
Rebel with a cause,
Dear cowboy,
Iv'e read your poem through a few times.
This writing is a message of the importance of our ability to interact with our world, relationships and environment. Sound is so very important. I think of course that it is something we must not take for granted as it can warn as the beginning of your poem intimates. The sound of a "howling wolf bringing a tear to the eye."
I thought this line was kinda cool.
"Without sound there would be no confusion
to mess with your feelings.
Without sound there would be no chance
to have your heart broken."
I know these are just two of the parts of your poem and there are so many more examples.
Well, this was a fun one to analyze. I wondered what got you to thinking about this poem and writing it.
Bless you.
Kathy

Posted 6 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

6 Years Ago

Wow, you in-depth review of my work is very touching. Thank you for sharing your deep insight, I a.. read more
Brilliantly written, Dale. I love the imagery and the verbal echoes of sound.

Perhaps I am just morbid, but this piece actually screams of the desire to have NO sound. The beginning stanzas sound as though you are hearing the shatter of a window in your own house at night, knowing full well that it is someone in your house. You continually hear the noises, praying you couldn't so that you could keep the false sense of security that you are immortal and that nothing can harm you.

Again, brilliant piece!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like how you have incorporated the sounds of everyday life and then said why you would miss them if they were gone. There are so many sounds we take for granted and ignore as we go day to day. Our world would be so alien if it were not for the familar sounds that keep us sane and tied to the earth. Excellent job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Isn't that what life is..Sounds..
This is a deep write and I really like the messages conveyed.
Nicely done, Dale.
How did I miss this one too? Thanks for posting..

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I just wanted to comment that I share your passion for sound. I find this piece an unusual tribute to the idea of it. It gave me the perspective on sound that presents an argumentative provocation, which I thouroughly enjoyed participating in struggling with. This piece offers a line of thinking atypical to anything I am familiar with. Quite stimulating.

Posted 15 Years Ago


" A high pitch noises arises

Sending chills down your spine

And the glass slowly cracks

Right in front of your eyes.

Suddenly all that was clear

Is in fragmented pieces." A nice, strong beginning to a most reflective and philosophical piece. Unfortunately, without sound, mankind will still find a way to break hearts and mess with you. I like it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

And without any sign of life - there would be no point.

Wow. I really really like this. Very nice work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Like the idea here. You are totally right about the lines 'But without sound there would be NO SIGN OF LIFE!!' - Funny how we all want to live in peace and happiness but need sound - which can be most disturbing feature.
I like the opening as this reminds me of an amplified noise of someone runnning their fingers round the rim of a glass or down a blackboard.


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

491 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing