I Will Bleed

I Will Bleed

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

I will bleed for those I love

taking a bullet or knife.

I will not bleed for just myself.

 

I will bleed for the poor

to enrich their lives.

I will not bleed to make you rich.

 

I will bleed for honor

if it is in question.

I will not bleed for foolish pride.

 

I will bleed for humanity

when it cries out.

I will not bleed to prove I’m human.

 

I will bleed for you

even if in return

your blood runs cold for me.

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is virtually an oath of allegiance, it displays unselfishness and loyalty in a very powerful yet straightforward way. Then, the reader reaches those final three lines and knows that what came before is leading up to the deep feelings of: 'I will bleed for you / even if in return / your blood runs cold for me'

It's a mix of sadness and strength. Thank you for sharing this post.


Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's an interesting thought. We have a limited blood supply, I often wonder, do we share it wisely...what is the motiv? And...do we hope to get something in return? I hope so...otherwise some of us would be in need of a blood donor.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I find this very intriguing. I read somewhere that even the most selfless of the service has a background of selfishness. Reason being that people who do vigorous and dedicated action in favour of a cause are driven by a desire to help others, which is in turndriven by a feeling of self-satisfaction. I'm not sure that I have to agree that the underlying force for each activity is driven by selfishness but I feel that there is truth that lies between the lines. Not sure of the linkage of your poem to my sentiments I must be getting far off. The poem however is grand, the scale of dedication is larger than life. Very philosophical.


Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

That is an interesting perspective indeed... I think there is a bit of selfishness in the most selfl.. read more
Androglossia

11 Years Ago

You're very welcome, as always:)
oh man! that breaks my heart! I want you to bleed now. stone cold. J/k. ---mishel

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Thank you.
1809 Black Plague December

11 Years Ago

definately, :D
Loyalty, a lost art. Well said my friend. Well said.

Diego

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Thank you sir.
I love the whole theme and idea of this poem. It speaks the truth and of the things that we should bleed for and what isn't worth bleeding for. This is done very well.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Thank you.
Poetic Beauty

11 Years Ago

It is a powerful piece.
I would bleed for the same reasons.
Amazing soul and wonderful write.

E.L.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oooooo...I liked this. I can see this marshal type man, standing alone, strong, rugged, with a deep voice, and a five o'clock shadow. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


There is an undeniable loyalty within this piece. Sacrifices are made for the ones we love, without hesitation. You have vividly expressed the endless lengths that you would go through for the ones you love. Great write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Unselfish giving not something all can or will do :) Beautiful thoughts!

Posted 11 Years Ago


the ending is a killer bite~ the poem is a gem~ smart writing from the deep well of you~ oh but that last is chilling~ to love and be unloved~ shivers~

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2525 Views
92 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 11 Libraries
Added on March 26, 2008
Last Updated on March 26, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The "F" Word The "F" Word

A Story by Rain


     The Chat Room The Chat Room

A Story by Rain