Standing On The Edge Of Your Life

Standing On The Edge Of Your Life

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

Distant wailing cries in the night

Break the silence of what you believe.

            Screaming…

                        Fading…

                                    Echoing…

 

Master or commander is your fate

As it barks orders you never thought possible.

            Attack…

                        Retreat…

                                    Fight on…           

 

Destiny has now become a ghost

Trapped among the ruins of infinity.

            Help me…

                        Break me…

                                    Trust me…

 

Fantasies of riding the wings of immortality

Have been clipped by an angel’s jealousy.

            Dare me…

                        Kill me…

                       

Enlightened souls with dark hearts

Align this path not paved with gold.

            Follow it…

                        Escape it…

           

The razor sharp blade taunts cold flesh

When you’re standing on the edge of your life.

 

                        TOTAL REALESE…

 

                        FREEDOM RINGS!!

 

 

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It has a certain complexity to it. Many themes..internal struggle, fight or flight, freeedom/inprisonment, dark/light, infinity/mortality! Stand on the razor's edge. "Well darkness has a hunger that's insatiable/And lightness has a call that's hard to hear." Good stuff, Cowboy!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I told my kids and young people. Test life and travel. Be fearless and go forward. You will get old soon enough. Great energy in this poem. Making the reader feel the desire to challenge life and taste freedom. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


The path of life is not paved in gold, and has many forks. Sometimes we don't know how we got here, and whether the choice has been ours, or not. A deep, thought-provoking write. Wonderful piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Enlightened souls with dark hearts stood out to me. Put me in mind of something I read about whether people who know the truth are truly happy. Seems the more I am enlightened the darker this world seems. Excellent poem

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interestingly written. I like it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is good. The last four lines are so powerful. This is dark, yet biting...so well done...



Posted 13 Years Ago


i like how you started this write as if you're posing a challenge
willing to move forward
liberating

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There is such a forceful power in your writing style here. A dark depth, cutting through the mist. You provoke a great sense of destiny in your last lines.. What will we choose?

Posted 13 Years Ago


It has a certain complexity to it. Many themes..internal struggle, fight or flight, freeedom/inprisonment, dark/light, infinity/mortality! Stand on the razor's edge. "Well darkness has a hunger that's insatiable/And lightness has a call that's hard to hear." Good stuff, Cowboy!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Like all good works of art, this poem can be read, in so many different way and still be right. For me, i see a person, dealing with an internal struggle, which can go either way. Powered by your skillful usage of imagery, illustrating this silent balance happening within one's soul. Thank you, for sharing this poem with us.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah. So... beautiful... No joke. The words were like a painting, vivid. And I could see almost further into what the artist meant... almost.

I thought it was incredible. And there's nothing much else I can say about it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2389 Views
48 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on April 8, 2008
Last Updated on April 8, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..